REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Prohibited Again?

Hey guys,

Recently i got my driver's license reinstated But i'm under a 2 year probation period where if i get another ticket, my license will be under review and most likely suspended again.

I had a speeding ticket back in september 2009, but i filed that under dispute, and have yet to receive a letter regarding the court date. I got suspended due to an incident which occured in feburary 2010, which racked up more than 6 points as an N ( im class 5 now ) and got prohibited for 4 months. I'm expecting the court date letter soon, as its almost been a year. Question is, if i lose the dispute, and the speeding ticket becomes a part of my driving record NOW during my probation period.... i'm gonna get suspended yet again right..

if so... will it be for 1-2 years prohibition? any input appreciated
Advertisement
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Hmm, that's an interesting situation lol... I think if you do lose it, you'll probably be suspended. Why didn't you pay it as soon as possible? ie. during suspension, after you got class 5 etc.
mkchoi0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

when you pay it, it counts as an automatic conviction
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #4

yah i thought of it but was never really that concerned about the future, i just wanted to get my sweet license back... i regret it so much now
Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #5

Just wondering, how did you manage to get your class 5 if you were suspended in Feb as an N driver?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #6

^^^
right after i received the tickets i quickly booked a class 5 test and took it before i paid my tickets.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
edit* from my own personal experience, i think ur fine. I had a similair situation where i had my N on probation and any ticket i would revceive would lead to a suspended lisence. I got a ticket and disputed it, and lucky for me it took 3 years for the court date, and i had to wait 2 years to take my class 5 test, so i had that year to take it, and i passed, Then plead guilty to the ticket, and nothing happened. Class Drivers are aloud alil more points than N drivers do i believe. So ur probably still on probation, but its gonna take alil more than 1 ticket to get ur lisence taken away again

Last edited by RiceIntegraRS; 07-12-2010 at 07:27 PM.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
edit* from my own personal experience, i think ur fine. I had a similair situation where i had my N on probation and any ticket i would revceive would lead to a suspended lisence. I got a ticket and disputed it, and lucky for me it took 3 years for the court date, and i had to wait 2 years to take my class 5 test, so i had that year to take it, and i passed, Then plead guilty to the ticket, and nothing happened. Class Drivers are aloud alil more points than N drivers do i believe.
holy crap 3 years? hopefully that'll be the same for me ... i just need 2 more years till my probation period is over then im in the clear
Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #9

oniyou, so you got the tickets, passed the road test, then got suspended?
I asked a person working at a DMV and she told me that my license will not be suspended since I got my class 5. I received one ticket worth 5 points and another ticket worth 0 prior to the class 5 road test. She even went on to confirm it with someone of higher rank too. hmm...
Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #10

oniyou probably knew that he was getting suspended, and so he booked his roadtest asap. But him losing his lisence was probably already put in motion when he got that ticket. He did the smart thing by taking the road test so when he got his lisence back, he wouldnt have to deal with losing it again under the N probation rules
Old 07-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #11

But that's exactly what I'm asking about. I was in the exact same situation, except that the person told me my license WON'T be suspended, unlike oniyou's case... So I'm kinda confused.
Technically tickets cannot be 'put in motion' until the driver admits the crime.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkchoi0801 View Post
oniyou, so you got the tickets, passed the road test, then got suspended?
I asked a person working at a DMV and she told me that my license will not be suspended since I got my class 5. I received one ticket worth 5 points and another ticket worth 0 prior to the class 5 road test. She even went on to confirm it with someone of higher rank too. hmm...
dont count on it. that was my original plan. I thought to myself AND heard from others that i can abuse the system by quickly getting a class 5, which will protect me from getting suspended from the tickets i received as N. Did not happen. After i got my class 5, i received a letter from icbc saying that i needed to surrender my license. I fuuuuuuu'd hard. But i guess on the brighter side i dont have to wait another 2 years to get my class 5.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #13

Hmm, the woman I asked was so sure that it won't be suspended. Like I said, she went around the DMV office and asked someone that actually knew the system. I'll have to see haha.
By the time they suspend me, I'll be back at UBC anyways, so I guess I won't need it all that much...
Old 07-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
^ but were you suspended once prior to those tickets and you were on probation like op?
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #15

The situation I'm talking about is this:
N driver, piled up tickets and points, passed class 5 before paying tickets.
Suspension after you pass class 5 due to previous tickets? Yes or No?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
depends on how many points on the tickets/severity of the tickets.
if it was like a NO N and carrying to many passengers then i dont think you'll get suspended
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #17

mkchoi maybe u pilled enough tickets and points to be suspended as a class 5 driver. Cause Class 5 drivers do get suspended aswell for having too many tickets
Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #18

I currently have 5 points on my record, one for speeding one for red light. I know that you need 14 points ish to be suspended as a class 5 driver, so if I do end up getting suspended, it'd be because I got the tickets while I was N. Will have to see tho...