REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   When you see dangerous driving, will you report it? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/619652-when-you-see-dangerous-driving-will-you-report.html)

BallPeenHammer2 07-12-2010 07:03 PM

When you see dangerous driving, will you report it?

Was at Nanaimo and Broadway today around 6pm, and saw 2 guys in a EG hatch, riced out, exhaust, etc at the intersection on nanaimo. Revved a guy beside him on a older bike (older rider too) to get him to race.

Light goes green, and the kids in the civic burn out and rip down the road. Car torque steered and they almost went right into the guy on the motorcycle.

I hate sseeing this shit. I wanted to report but had no plate number. What would you guys do?

Discuss.

mkchoi0801 07-12-2010 07:05 PM

Probably not, because nothing will be done about it.

BallPeenHammer2 07-12-2010 07:50 PM

that's what I thought too, but what if the description of the car/mods/decals were given, direction of travel, etc.

Sho, Skidmark, etc, What do you guys say?

I'll be honest and say it was infuriating to see that because of my current situation, but in all seriousness, is there anything anyone can do without a plate number? Or do racers just keep racing?

mkchoi0801 07-12-2010 07:53 PM

The only likely thing I can see the police department doing is send someone to watch the area looking for said description. Heck I don't actually see them do that 2% of the times.
'hey this car was racing on this street just now'
'ok... bye'
It's reasonable because anyone can make this claim.

BallPeenHammer2 07-12-2010 08:14 PM

yeah true. Still hard to watch. The guy on the motorcycle almost crashed.

skidmark 07-12-2010 08:55 PM

That's about it. Unless there is something unique to identify the vehicle or driver, without the plate there isn't much to be done.

BallPeenHammer2 07-12-2010 10:00 PM

unique as in what though? Color? Vinyls?

mkchoi0801 07-12-2010 10:10 PM

Even WITH the plate number, really what are they gonna do about it? They may be able to locate the driver, but they can't assume that the driver was doing based on the complaint.
Seeing things like that does make you wish you were a cop tho haha.

BallPeenHammer2 07-13-2010 07:03 AM

sounds pretty BS to me, but makes sense.

Shows you how little the regular guy can affect street racing/reckless driving.

danned 07-13-2010 07:26 AM

let that guy crash

taylor192 07-13-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkchoi0801 (Post 7026290)
Even WITH the plate number, really what are they gonna do about it? They may be able to locate the driver, but they can't assume that the driver was doing based on the complaint.
Seeing things like that does make you wish you were a cop tho haha.

In Ontario the cops would pay a visit to the owner's house to inform them their bad behaviour was reported.