REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Whats the longest rejection streak you've been on? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/619720-whats-longest-rejection-streak-youve-been.html)

mqr03 07-13-2010 05:21 PM

Whats the longest rejection streak you've been on?

Simple question really.
There's so many factors and variables in play, but I'm guessing unless your really hot/sexy/famous/rich/playa most have had back 2 backs misses.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8... etc
Isn't so true that finding a relationship is all a "numbers game"?

If you put zero as your answer I'm gonna assume ur either lying or have never ever been in a serious relationship.

ScizzMoney 07-13-2010 05:28 PM

3 is my longest, I contribute it to the fact that I usually don't ask unless I'm pretty sure of the answer. I don't count when I'm freshly single and I haven't had sex for like, 2 weeks, and just hitting on anything that enters my field of vision. The 3 in a row that turned me away were girls I actually liked that I had just read wrong and thought I was seeing and feeling emotions that simply weren't there.

ae101 07-13-2010 05:56 PM

don't fail me but im not lying when i say i have been rejected all the way till now & i still do, the reason is (i think it's the reason) cuz im always to much of a friend & my sister keeps ruining things up for me

Fafine 07-13-2010 06:23 PM

^ how olds your sister?

Mr.HappySilp 07-13-2010 07:23 PM

0 coz I wanted to be single. I just like the freedom I have then in a relationship.

But my left hand have never rejected me.

v.Rossi 07-13-2010 08:09 PM

you can have 0 rejections and still be horrible at the dating game. dating is a numbers game, if you get rejected simply show class and find a new target, why dwell on rejection. however, the more you get rejected the more you start to understand yourself and become more confident. probably why the 5s are dating 9s on the street, however i'm not ruling out golddigging as a possibility.

longest rejection streak is 2, but the real question should be how many of you guys have wanted a girls number but you let slip her away. for a lot of members, i'm sure it would hit double digits.

yuusha 07-13-2010 08:38 PM

10 in a row, all through high school, around two every year lol. I haven't made the first move on a girl since grade 12. But I don't mean girls have been knocking on my door non-stop, I was just in two different long-term relationships with girls who happened to make the first move.

butter_sashimi 07-14-2010 08:55 AM

What if ur the one doing the rejecting (consecutively in a row)?
Posted via RS Mobile

tom827 07-14-2010 09:00 AM

0 I prey at the times =)
Posted via RS Mobile

raygunpk 07-14-2010 10:24 AM

over 9000
fml

Girl 07-14-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raygunpk (Post 7028409)
over 9000
fml

I believe it, you have a personality of a rock, you make Fat Bastard look anorexic and when you stand next to me, i tower next to you. *sigh* It's okay kid, nobody's perfect. You just have to tell yourself that more than the rest of the population. :thumbsup:

nipples 07-14-2010 11:13 AM

Your sister ruins it? As in....pda with you??? Infront of the girl?!?!
Posted via RS Mobile

raygunpk 07-14-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 7028476)
I believe it, you have a personality of a rock, you make Fat Bastard look anorexic and when you stand next to me, i tower next to you. *sigh* It's okay kid, nobody's perfect. You just have to tell yourself that more than the rest of the population. :thumbsup:

you're gunna get double rainbow'd in the face VELY SOOON

palepilsenpin0y 07-14-2010 12:58 PM

I would say 2, consecutively.

Maybe 4 overall.

That number seems low only because I only take the risk when I know it's worth it.

Healthy, important experiences, I must say :P

Don't we all wish we were "hot/sexy/famous/rich/playas"? HAHA

FN-2199 07-14-2010 01:57 PM

Just 1!

...it's been 4 relationships in a row since :)
Posted via RS Mobile

Edit: Whoops. iPhone screwed up my wording.

mqr03 07-14-2010 04:25 PM

love to hear the side of some females
oops.. forgot most girls won't openly ask guys out. make the men do all the work
might be the reason only guys are weighing in here

chinook79 07-14-2010 05:14 PM

i'm just avg looking guy... with Univerisity education with avg job :P
People don't believe me but I've been asked to go out more often than I've asked..
Probably because I have friendly personality and is generally easy to approach to..
especially I find Chinese girls(CBC) more open about it...
I'm Asian by the way..
then again.. I rarely ask girls out unless I really like the girl..

BallPeenHammer2 07-14-2010 07:28 PM

3 times and counting. Mind you it's over the last 3 years with women I actually developed feelings for.

TRD Rs200 07-14-2010 08:23 PM

2 times in 4 years, just had one, during that 4 year span, no girl has captured my heart like the one that just rejected me ><"

TOS'd 07-14-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupeziRL (Post 7027820)
but the real question should be how many of you guys have wanted a girls number but you let slip her away. for a lot of members, i'm sure it would hit double digits.

too many that I lost count.

v.Rossi 07-15-2010 08:28 AM

^ then be a man and overcome your fears.

hell i'm afraid of the dark but i learnt to overcome it by walking in central park at like 2 am stoned as fuck (which makes you even more paranoid in some situations, this being one) with no flashlights nothing. stanley park on the other hand... i have yet to overcome that. i will sometime soon, anyone down?

worse comes to worse, i meet a serial killer right? i said i was afraid of the dark, but not afraid to fight for my life. i'd love to brawl and exchange haymakers, but if he has a knife though then i'm running for my life.

overcoming your fears by fighting someone who has a knife, not the time.

but back to the point haha, if you let that girl slip away your pride and self-esteem gets nuked, hiroshama'd. you're left point blank with "what ifs?" you can only remind yourself "plenty of fishs in the sea" for so long, before you realize you have no balls, no game.

i'm the man and she's the female, so man up and get that number. read body language, breathe in breathe out, walk towards her. you can think what if she rejects me, but think how much happier you'll be if she says. "nice meeting you, call me"

cavemens protected their cavewomen, and they fought for their food to survive for cavewoman and caveman. therefore cavewoman stays with caveman. if you're pansy self is afraid to say "hi, what's your name" to a girl, how are you ever going to protect your cavewoman?

as society and technology advances, i really hope you guys don't rely on bbm and msn and shit to ask a girl out. that's just unmanly, straight up.

Phil@rise 07-15-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 7028476)

Ouch
Is he bald too?

mqr03 07-15-2010 04:37 PM

Found this on another forum. A female's perspective when a guy tried to hit on her but failed.

Quote:

I was in the grocery store today and out of nowhere this butt-ugly guy comes up to me in the frozen food section and strikes up a conversation. It was really weird. He started talking about ice cream or some shit and really wasn't very interesting at all. Then he says, "Would you like to go out sometime?" I declined his offer, but he pulls out a business card and tells me to give him a call if I changed my mind. The card said, "Nick Whatever, High School History Teacher." First of all, I've never seen a teacher with a business card, but that's another issue. This dude was a troll in the truest sense of the word. Absolutely NO social skills. In our short conversation I didn't notice one redeeming quality. And don't start ragging me about giving the guy a chance because you weren't there. If you had been, I guarantee it wouldn't be an issue. I didn't really think too much about it until I was driving home. Then it started to kind of bug me. I started wondering about something. And that brings me to my question of the day: Do ugly people not know they're ugly? Or do they just figure, "Fuck it, I have nothing to lose?"

nipples 07-15-2010 05:46 PM

I'm prolly the ugliest mofo out there second only to a 3 legged dingle-berry monster and I say screw it. I've got nothing to lose. Then I slip em a roofie + nyquil (for good measure). Ya won't get rejected if u simply knock em out. ;)
Posted via RS Mobile

Lomac 07-15-2010 06:02 PM

To be honest, I've never been rejected. Mind you, I've never asked a girl out until I some how knew it would work. Then again, I usually found myself with them in one form of a physical embrace or another long before the "Will you go out with me" question ever left my lips. :lol