REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Do/Have Moderators Receive(d) Infractions? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/620029-do-have-moderators-receive-d-infractions.html)

mqr03 07-17-2010 09:18 PM

Do/Have Moderators Receive(d) Infractions?

I apologize if this is in the wrong section but I didn't know where this should go.

I'm just wondering if mods have ever received points or infractions from other colleagues. Or is it that mods are an exception to this rule.
More interestingly, what would happen if a mod broke one of the rules. Is it like monopoly where they would get a "get out jail pass" or something to that effect?

How do you become appointed a mod or is there any slots open to becoming one? Do you have to volunteer at a meet before this happens or get to know the higher ups of revscene's elites?

Inaii 07-17-2010 09:39 PM

I was handed points for saying something stupid in one of the forums. So to answer your question, yes we can and do receive points just like everyone else if we deserve them :)

vafanculo 07-17-2010 09:56 PM

I've always wondered this and because it's not worthy to start up my own thread i figure il just ask here. Is there any incentive
to becoming a mod? Why become one? Pay? Looks good on your resume? Gain some kind of experience?
Posted via RS Mobile

mb_ 07-17-2010 10:18 PM

^I wouldn't think so but personally I would become a mod just to help around and stuff.. :)

sexyaccord 07-18-2010 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqr03 (Post 7032606)

How do you become appointed a mod or is there any slots open to becoming one?

you gotta have those high midiclorian counts.

mqr03 07-18-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 7032626)
I was handed points for saying something stupid in one of the forums. So to answer your question, yes we can and do receive points just like everyone else if we deserve them :)

That pretty much answered my question! :thumbsup:

Graeme S 07-18-2010 08:12 AM

To start, if you want to be a mod, you have to have an active RS life (ie: a well-known poster), there has to be an empty mod space.

In smoe cases, if you're known for being a regular poster and/or advice giver in certain areas, the HM for that section will offer someone a mod position. In others, there are 'challenges', which prospective mods have to pass.

Either way, unless you are and stay a regular on RS, it's not possible to become a mod.

And no, we don't get paid, and nobody cares what happens on the interwebs so there's nothing you can put on your resume.

v.Rossi 07-18-2010 08:28 AM

Put it on your resume and Donald Trump will hire you,

Trump: what the fuck is revscene?
Me/interviewee: 2 words, nsfw thread
Trump: You sir, start tomorrow. Now quickly leave and close the door on the way out.

When in doubt, say those 2 words. Enough said.
Posted via RS Mobile

Berzerker 07-18-2010 09:08 AM

The pay is shit... the boss is a dick... my co mods are all assholes and the worst part of it is.... I have to be on this godamn website all the time looking after a bunch of whiny, sniveling, brats.

I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Berz out.

Inaii 07-18-2010 09:23 AM

Hahahaha Berz, that's awesome. Wait... you get paid?

k2_alpha 07-18-2010 11:07 PM

he gets paid by "eprops"

anyways, being a mod does not look good on your resume...
makes you look like a dumb as there you have nothing better to put on the pages..
However, during the interview, you can bring it up.
I had an employer asked me years ago about and example of a volatile situation and how I dealt with it. I used revscene... I got hired so it may have worked...?

mqr03 07-18-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 7033006)
The pay is shit... the boss is a dick... my co mods are all assholes and the worst part of it is.... I have to be on this godamn website all the time looking after a bunch of whiny, sniveling, brats.

Berz out.

How did you get the letters under your profile green?

Lomac 07-18-2010 11:38 PM

Pft, green is for wimps. :D

Gumby 07-19-2010 09:06 AM

Another thing - you don't ask to become a mod.

!Aznboi128 07-19-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Berz out.

Lol you get paid by "thanks" :p

And I'm not an asshole, I'm just an ass hat :p

And no one ever asks to be a mod, once your known here, you go out to meets have a good attitude people will start noticing you. That's how I became a mod. And revscene's an awesome community to be in/with

Posted via RS Mobile

!Yaminashi 07-19-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Berz out.

Not to mention I always take a few bites of the lunch that has "berzerker" written on it..

Wait...:cry: