REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #26
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
The following is a reply from the Anonymous memberSince I will probably see my family doctor in the future for any health issues such as cold, flu, etc. etc, I do not want her to have any kind of record of me being depressed.

Right now, there is absolutely no one I can trust 100%.
Your doctor is not your friend, he is your doctor; and if you're going to keep seeing him, it is crucial that he knows what you're going through now.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #27
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Hi, I highly suggest you go to a walk in clinic and get a referral. If you explain to the doc, everything that you said in this post, i almost guarantee you that the doc will refer you because you meet most of the symptoms for having depression. This is coming from a person that experienced depression before and works in the medical field. If not therapy, even taking a prescribed medication may help you, it's worth trying, because i've gone thru a very similar phase in my life as you, and it's a horrible feeling.
XtC_13aBy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
The following is a reply from the Anonymous member

Thanks for all the great advices, but my main question still has not been answered: is there a clinic that is covered by BC Health Care where I can check if I actually have any sort of depression?

Again, I do not want anyone that I will see more than once to know about this situation. I do not want to be treated differently or have everyone act abnormal around me.

Since I will probably see my family doctor in the future for any health issues such as cold, flu, etc. etc, I do not want her to have any kind of record of me being depressed.
Walk-ins are great. It's like going into a doctor's office and getting a random doctor. It's free and you don't have to see that same doc again if you don't want to. They usually have rotating shifts. Just bring your care card on your first visit.

And you can always go back to your family doc anytime. Whether or not you wanna mention this to her later when ur more comfortable, it's totally up to you.

You got lots of choices.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #29
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
ive been thru an episode of depression before... but it was very shortlived. didn't wanna leave my room. stayed in bed all day. didn't wanna go out and socialize. NEVER had appetite.

i didn't really need to go see counselling or anything... a good talk with your buddy helps a lot. Just remember: time heals all wounds. sooner or later you'll be up and going and your shit will become a thing of the past.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #30
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oniyou View Post
ive been thru an episode of depression before... but it was very shortlived. didn't wanna leave my room. stayed in bed all day. didn't wanna go out and socialize. NEVER had appetite.

i didn't really need to go see counselling or anything... a good talk with your buddy helps a lot. Just remember: time heals all wounds. sooner or later you'll be up and going and your shit will become a thing of the past.
You didn't have depression, you were just sad.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
What's the difference?

So basically- If you can't overcome it on your own, you have depression. If you can, you're just sad?
Old 08-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #32
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
The difference is depression lasts for years. You don't just "get over it". That's called having the blues.
Posted via RS Mobile
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #33
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

^ That is not true. Depression can last from a few months to years. Just because a phase is short, does not mean it is not depression.
XtC_13aBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #34
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Do you wanna tell my first family doctor that for me? And when I was saying the blues, I meant like a week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #35
ek1
Need to Seek Professional Help

depression is more like a state of mind. where most if not all of your thoughts may be irrational and definately negative.

to me the difference between sad and depression is that sadness is just an emotion you feel where someone can usually clearly see why you would be sad.

e.g. you just dropped your brand new cellphone on the floor, you are now sad. you just found $500 on the ground, your now happy

depression is more like

e.g. you just dropped your brand new cellphone on the floor, you dont care. you just found $500 on the ground, you dont care

and no, you cant just get over it
Old 08-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #36
Retired moderator

Depression, Sad, the Blues is just a term. Bottom line is, if it's effecting your daily life and the people around it, go see a doctor, talk to somebody, let someone know, or find a solution and know that death is NEVER the answer.

Almost a majority of victims to failed suicides have said that they realized in a split second and they got lucky that they didn't die. No matter what anyone thinks, there is someone out there that would be devastated by your death, why put them through that?

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #37
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
maybe it wasnt as serious as depression, but it sure as hell aint sad. lost around 10 lb's over 2 weeks due to no appetite and constant feelings of nausea and the necessity to lock myself away from everyone probably isnt just " sad " who are you to decide whats depression and whats being sad?
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote