REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #26
xxx

i'm just saying even if the law says you can't cross it, it's not like you're going to follow it in that circumstance.

The law can have many instances where due to oversight, specific conditions are left out.
For example
The whole yellow line issue (double or single or broken) with regards to left turns, when followed to a T, does not allow you to cross it to turn left unless you leave the highway. Contrary to popular belief, this applies to all 3 categories of lines, not just double yellows, so yes even if it's a broken yellow you can't cross it.

Parking lots are considered part of the highway, so if you follow the law exactly you're screwed once you get inside a parking lot like Superstore or Brentwood Mall where there are broken yellow lines/solid yellow lines you must turn left to cross in order to get out or into the parking stalls area.
Advertisement
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #27
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Actually, it was you that brought the whole 'L' drivers and the 'daddy's nice cars' and the 'i respect my car more than you do' and the 'dependence on your parents'

Staying on the right side if you're travelling slow on the highway is a very good self-preservation method. And you took it personally, why?

And what's with the little personal remarks at the end anyways? Is it because you can't win this argument on internet and that you're frustrated? Everyone depends on their parents, otherwise, how else would you survive? My parents have money to afford a beamer and I don't as I'm a student. I'm just taking an advantage of it. Please don't be jealous. Oh btw, I scheduled you to come mow my lawn this Saturday 2:00PM for $20. Hopefully if you do this enough times you can save more money.
mkchoi0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #28
e-thugger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkchoi0801 View Post
Actually, it was you that brought the whole 'L' drivers and the 'daddy's nice cars' and the 'i respect my car more than you do' and the 'dependence on your parents'

Staying on the right side if you're travelling slow on the highway is a very good self-preservation method. And you took it personally, why?

And what's with the little personal remarks at the end anyways? Is it because you can't win this argument on internet and that you're frustrated? Everyone depends on their parents, otherwise, how else would you survive? My parents have money to afford a beamer and I don't as I'm a student. I'm just taking an advantage of it. Please don't be jealous. Oh btw, I scheduled you to come mow my lawn this Saturday 2:00PM for $20. Hopefully if you do this enough times you can save more money.
My "N drivers with daddys car" was a general comment based on my own experiences on the road. Purely coincidental you fell into that category and started talking about it.

Keep trolling though, son. There is no argument here... I guess you can't understand that some people travel the speed limit on highways for safety reasons. I have my own building and two cars, you drive your dad's. Totally jealous.
89 CRX D16Y7 swapped
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #29
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by netfreak View Post
I guess you can't understand that some people travel the speed limit on highways for safety reasons.
You're saying that obeying a written rule is much more likely to keep you safe than adjusting your driving to suit surrounding traffic conditions.

Instead of simply saying "I am following the law", please clarify exactly how that keeps you safe when you are surrounded by cars driving 10-20km/hr over the limit and/or tailgaters.

Or, specifically how does going with the flow of traffic to maximize space around your vehicle pose a danger?

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:41 AM   #30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netfreak View Post
My "N drivers with daddys car" was a general comment based on my own experiences on the road. Purely coincidental you fell into that category and started talking about it.
Ok, so I can say that only Richmond fob Asians drive at or below speed limit. Do you fall into this category? Stop generalizing, and sebbery has been arguing the actual point the entire time anyways, for some reason it doesn't seem to grab your attention whatsoever. You can keep making stupid comments, if you don't mind, I'll be here to read them all.
mkchoi0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #31
e-thugger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
You're saying that obeying a written rule is much more likely to keep you safe than adjusting your driving to suit surrounding traffic conditions.

Instead of simply saying "I am following the law", please clarify exactly how that keeps you safe when you are surrounded by cars driving 10-20km/hr over the limit and/or tailgaters.

Or, specifically how does going with the flow of traffic to maximize space around your vehicle pose a danger?
How many times do I have to say this? I'm talking about highway traffic outside of city limits. If you want to re-read everything to catch up, please do so. Find me a non-urban highway in BC where everyone travels the same speed giving a general "flow" and I'll find you a pack of monkeys that can perform brain surgery. I often travel small two lane highways with no center divider and some traffic moving at over 110-120kph in 90kph zones. Some vehicles (semis, RVs) travel slower and some (mkchoi in his dads car) go much faster. Passing lanes exist for this reason. There are several existing risks including wildlife which can instantly write-off my vehicle, but a growing concern is head on collisions due to stupidity and/or driver error. These seem to be popping up more frequently in my area especially during the summer months. Deciding not to floor the gas pedal for the sake of being a wanker may or may not give me extra time to avoid the above, but I don't take risks on the road.

So.. where is your argument with that? Oh, the tailgaters maybe? Just yesterday I was coming back from Salmon Arm and was near someone tailgating anything they could regardless if the car was doing 90 or 120. Going faster for a tailgater is about the stupidest idea I've ever heard of.