REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 12-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #101
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
^

1. agreed, the santa muerta case did get dropped abruptly with no follow up.. a bit of a plot hole there.

2. it wasent TOTAL bs. they did emphasize it was a radical theory, and she came up with it after she watched all the barrel girl video's and their torture, and found out that they had only found 12/13 of the girls (thanks to dexter the 13th cd was scratched too). I think she internalized this theory of hers and really believed it with all the clues she was picking up, like so many people do with an idea that they're so absorbed with no matter how crazy it is. As for not pulling down the plastic and possibly getting shot, her vigilante theory was that number 13 was getting revenge, and that a "lover" was committed to helping her, in that case it doesn't make any sense that they'd murder anyone aside from those involved with the barrel girls... so I doubt Deb would wholeheartedly believe they'd attack her.

3. Quinn gets off because the blood isn't Liddy's... it's as simple as that. What if he cut himself shaving? How about cooking bloody meat? Blood can come from a lot of places, it didn't necessarily need to be from Liddy, a death, or even from another human being for that matter. The surveillance equipment was also signed out without Quinn's knowledge or consent, so he had a scapegoat for that... anyone could have forged a signature and gotten equipment if it was THAT easy.

It was just several suspicious factors that pointed to him, blood (with no basis, it was just potential evidence), surveillance equipment signed to his name, and the cellphone history with Liddy... you could easily reverse that and say Liddy got to know Quinn or was looking for help from Quinn, then used him to his advantage by forging his signature to use surveillance equipment for his own purposes, and got fucked in his little charade.

Plus, don't forget Quinn also left messages in Liddy's voicemail right around the time he died... assuming their forensics would approximate the time of death, that just gives Quinn another alibi (If he killed Liddy, why would Quinn just leave the body there with all that "evidence" against him?).
I agree with you though, overall not a strong season... but hopefully Dexter will go out with a bang in the next one, apparently it's the last.
Advertisement

Last edited by ShanghaiKid; 12-13-2010 at 07:23 AM.
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #102
I came, I saw, I conquered.

^But Quin's fingerprints were found on all over the van..
Old 12-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #103
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

yah i never really understood how Quin got off so easy, just because the blood wasnt Liddy's? fingerprints, equipment, phone calls, it all points to Quin. Also the fact that he lied about the story he first gave Laguerta shows he had something to hide. Even the voice mail he left Liddy shows how pissed off he was towards him.
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #104
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
2. Deb's vigilante theory was total bs. She believed it with no proof whatsoever, and then that was the excuse to let Dexter and Lumen go. WTF!!! I think anyone in that situation would have pulled down the plastic at least. What if both of them had guns on them!?
I won't say whether she should or shouldn't have pulled down the plastic curtain, but you can tell the writers have been steering Deb in a direction where she's inevitably going to find about Dexter and maybe even accept it.

The Groundwork Has Been Laid: "Deb is slowly coming around to the idea of there being something other than black and white and that there is more than just good and bad," Colleton (executive producer) explains. "I think the turning point for her was when she killed that bad guy this season. And she and Dexter had that wonderful conversation over a beer when she says, ‘I didn't feel anything. And I'm surprised that I don't feel bad for having killed a bad guy.' And Dexter sort of floats something out there just as a little test bomb just to see how his sister would react when he says, ‘Well, Dad once told me there are people who deserve to die.' And she looks at him and goes, ‘Do you think there are people that deserve to die?” It’s this moment where Dexter has floated out this little trial balloon. So you see Deb starting to make that turn. And based on her experience with Rudy and in episode 10 when she sees all of those [Barrel Girl] tapes—it’s traumatizing yet strengthening for her—she comes up with the vigilante theory. When she finally gets to the camp and realizes that she has stumbled upon “13” and her helpmate, it’s not until the very end of her speech where she makes that change."

I might have preferred if the season ended with Deb catching Dexter and Lumen red-handed, but I'm okay with the way it ended. This season wasn't the best, but it doesn't make me angry the way season 2 did with that annoying Lila. I do admit there have been quite a bit of plot holes, and I hated how Dexter was SO sloppy when he worked with Lumen.
Delish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #105
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
Yeah... I thought it sucked. Imo this season is the worst of the 5. The 3 things that stood out to me are:

1. The Santa Muerte killings never got solved because one of the brothers ran away. They basically used this storyline to get Deb into the filing room to find the file and re-open the barrel girls case. I dunno, that just didn't feel right to me.

2. Deb's vigilante theory was total bs. She believed it with no proof whatsoever, and then that was the excuse to let Dexter and Lumen go. WTF!!! I think anyone in that situation would have pulled down the plastic at least. What if both of them had guns on them!?

3. How does Quinn get off because the blood on his shoe was proven not to be Liddy's!?? What about the surveillance equipment???

Like I said, worst of the 5 seasons. Something big has to happen next season because if not, it'll be the same old story of him almost getting caught, but somehow getting out of the situation.
Agreed. The season had a terrible plot and no closure, and Julia Stiles can't act for shit.
canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #106
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Bright spot of the finale is that Julia Stiles will be leaving. She sucked.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #107
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

weakass finale
Old 12-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #108
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I saw the sneak peaks, waited a whole week, and finally watched the episode.

What a let down.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #109
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

This whole season's been a write-off, Dexter's almost exactly where he was at the beginning of the season.

The way they ended this season is terrible, there's no plotlines to carry over...everything was solved... That means we're gonna get a season with another random murderer appearing, Dexter finding someone to fuck, but he can't really get close to...blah blah blah, same old bs...
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #110
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
I didn't think it was that bad....
Dexter is one of the shows that doesn't have a cliff hanger... they always have an END, in which I didn't expect to have like a HUGE cliff hanger compared to all the other shows.

I thought the Deb part was shocking, I had no idea what's going to happen and my mind was like WTFFFFF..... will Deb find out who she was. After she let them go, it was again, WTFFFF.

I liked Julia, she wasn't the worse, but they seemed to have worked out well. I guess a few of the audiences didn't like the fact of having a storyline so quick right after his wife died.

i wasn't surprised Dexter cleared Quinn's name. Quinn always hated Dexter and having Quinn owning him a favor... you'll never know what's going go on next season.

Dexter is thinking of ending it pretty soon, 5 seasons and it's done really well.... we'll see how much longer he'll last.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #111
My homepage has been set to RS

Michael C. Hall & Jennifer are splitting up.

Might get messy during the next season filming?
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #112
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
^ sources say it was already messy this season

I thought this season was good. I liked the whole kill partner element again...and i realized there is less scenes with Harry and when there is...the background isn't 'dream-like'...maybe it's a sign his dark passenger is slowly fading.

Julie Styles can't act...but it's okay cause peter weller was guest starring so that makes up for it. I agree the original murder case was just dropped...and okay so what if the surveilance equip may be forged when signed out and that it wasn't liddy's blood on his shoe...the fact that his fingerprints are all over the door knob is a strong evidence itself.

I was pretty disappointed though when deb didn't catch dexter in the act..i thought it was a good way to end the season..although having closure is the norm for dexter finales IIRC aside from the last one.

I kinda wanna see the next season fast forward 7-8 years in plot where dex is in his early/mid 40's...and him passing down his skills to harrison
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #113
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
^ that means Dexter's step daughter would be a messed up stripper with mama issues right?

good call on the "dream like" Harry bit but I won't read much into it.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #114
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

s5 wasn't great. a tad better than s4. hall and carpenter splitting up will make it difficult to act on s6... who knows if they can even be in the same room together.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #115
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
season 5 was a weak overall season season 4 wasnt bad tho imo.
im just pissed that dexter is starting to slip all the time.
when is season 6 starting?
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #116
Ubereem Mod

OKay...so it's not season 5 but it's the first time i've watched Dexter after 10000 ppl telling me to.

And damn it's so good.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #117
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
OKay...so it's not season 5 but it's the first time i've watched Dexter after 10000 ppl telling me to.

And damn it's so good.
welcome to my addiction.

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 AM   #118
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
i was watching Museum Secrets on History Channel on horrific Egyptian king deaths..they were trying to recreate the event by axing a dummy in the head and I totally thought about Dexter
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote