REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   rcmp business card - go in to see him (https://www.revscene.net/forums/620862-rcmp-business-card-go-see-him.html)

Orion 07-27-2010 02:25 PM

rcmp business card - go in to see him

I'm parked at work and had slight crack in my window to air out the car. At lunch time I went to my car to find a rcmp business card on my drivers seat. The card was from a cst. and had a call me message on it.

I called into the richmond rcmp and had them transfer me to the guy. The guy said that I had to go in to see him. I asked what this was regarding and he said its not good to talk about it since he was in public and I'm at work. I asked if this was regarding myself or the car and he said both. All he said again was that I have to go into see him.

I was wondering if anybody had this experience. My coworker said that its most likely a speeding ticket that I have to go claim.

hchang 07-27-2010 02:41 PM

It might be a lesson on safety prevention tips, but I don't see why you'd need to go in to talk to the officer.

I parked at South Arm Community Center once and came back to find a piece of paper under my windshield wiper. I thought I got a ticket but it was just a friendly reminder from the local RCMP of how safe or unsafe my car was to be broken into and/or stolen.

Do you have any outstanding tickets?

Were you illegally parked?

Orion 07-27-2010 02:43 PM

no outstanding tickets and wasn't illegally parked... maybe its about leaving my windows open... i just want to be warned before i go in...

hchang 07-27-2010 02:49 PM

How much in height did you leave it open?

I've had an RCMP officer leave me a voicemail before saying it was something "serious" and needed to be resolved in person. But it turned out it wasn't anything big, just wanted to scare me a little bit.

I think you're safe man.

SilverBlitz 07-27-2010 02:55 PM

do you have illegal mods? tinted front windows?

satek 07-27-2010 04:25 PM

He wants to take you out on a date.

hchang 07-27-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satek (Post 7045718)

+1

Orion 07-27-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satek (Post 7045718)

thats what I thought... lol

no joke tho. some lady accused me of trying to run her over twice last friday but I didn't even leave work yet when the second time happened

long story short... no charges but filed

Orion 07-28-2010 10:15 AM

btw would somebody know how a case like this would show on my criminal record check?

I've been talking to my coworkers and they made me all concerned that it'll leave something bad for future employment

Phil@rise 07-28-2010 10:20 AM

If it was serious he woulda been standing at you car with lights flashing waiting for you. Or he'd come track you down. I wouldn't bother going to see him. There's no charges waiting for you to affect future employment, it doesn't work that way, maybe just a driving infraction and IMO if they wanna hand em out let em but why go pick it up.

Soundy 07-28-2010 10:21 AM

Really, if it was that serious, the cop wouldn't have just dropped a card and waited around to see IF you got in touch - he would have either waited there for you, or tracked you down.

You figure you have an alibi for one alleged incident... what about the other time?

Do you even know who this lady is, that you supposedly tried to run down?

It's quite possible the cop could tell she was a crackpot and got in touch with you just for the sake of crossing the I's and dotting the T's.

The only thing that shows up on a *criminal record* check, would be criminal convictions, *possibly* criminal charges... but since neither of those apply, I wouldn't worry about it. A cop just asking you questions isn't going to affect anything.

Soundy 07-28-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 7046735)
If it was serious he woulda been standing at you car with lights flashing waiting for you. Or he'd come track you down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7046738)
Really, if it was that serious, the cop wouldn't have just dropped a card and waited around to see IF you got in touch - he would have either waited there for you, or tracked you down.

Wow, JINX!!

Orion 07-28-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7046738)

You figure you have an alibi for one alleged incident... what about the other time?

Do you even know who this lady is, that you supposedly tried to run down?

It's quite possible the cop could tell she was a crackpot and got in touch with you just for the sake of crossing the I's and dotting the T's.

The only thing that shows up on a *criminal record* check, would be criminal convictions, *possibly* criminal charges... but since neither of those apply, I wouldn't worry about it. A cop just asking you questions isn't going to affect anything.

thanks soundy. I don't know who the lady was. I don't have an alibi in the morning because i drive alone to work and I do drive through the area.

I'm sure she's not a crackpot as the cops did take it seriously...

there's no criminal charges but I'm not sure if the case would of been if it went through...

jackmeister 07-28-2010 11:25 AM

lol it must be pretty coincidental that you were alleged to run over the same lady twice in the same area on the same day.

one of you must love to loiter in the area.

Orion 07-28-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackmeister (Post 7046816)
lol it must be pretty coincidental that you were alleged to run over the same lady twice in the same area on the same day.

one of you must love to loiter in the area.

well i work there... i'm guessing she works in the area too...

Gee.Tee.Ar 07-28-2010 03:03 PM

mayb he wants u 2 be a undercover officer

Drow 08-01-2010 10:40 AM

update from op???

Orion 08-01-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oniyou (Post 7051432)
update from op???

the case went as motor vehicle charge but no evidence and I denied it.. filed under a report... thats it

BallPeenHammer2 08-02-2010 03:06 AM

what the hell was the charge?

6793026 08-04-2010 11:53 AM

you didn't have to call him back and yhou didn't have to go see him. if it was a huge issue, he / she could have came to you and visited you in person.

there's no proof that it was you driving that day, you're in the clear.