REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 AM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

need a doggy sitter for min pin

Is there anyone who has experience with min pins, dogs with similar temperament to min pins, or owns a min pin, willing to doggy sit my dog for a month in september? he's 3 yrs old, 10 lbs and very cute. He's territorial at first with strangers and bigger dogs but once familiar he's super nice. He likes little dogs and knows his place if a dog snaps back at him if he growls at one. He's fully house trained and only needs to be let out twice a day to pee/poo. He's held his pee for 16 hours before over night haha. He only purposely pees if you leave him because he thinks the peeing will bring you back to clean him up, however i have a crate that you can put him in and he can pee all he wants in. I always keep him inside but loves to play outdoors as well so you can leave him outside with another dog if your yard is fully fenced (if there is a small crevice or any sort, he'll find his way out, typical min pin instinct). I can offer monetary compensation, gifts, watch your dog in return in the future, or a hug if you just want a very smart dog to play with for a month This will be from sept.2nd to oct.4th. Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

do you not have any relatives or friends that have met your dog and willing to take care of it for you?? cus a whole month is pretty long..and asking people that you don't really know to take care of your dog woudln't be such a good idea in my opionion..let just say (knock on wood) something happens to your dog when you're gone?? i would feel like crap if i was taking care of it and so would you..i usually leave my dog with my parents when i'm gone cus the dog knows them well..it's a big responsibility taking care of my own dog and to have to worry about someone elses..that's even bigger
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #3

ya i understand but im running out of options. All my friends that can look after him are either away or cant watch him during the period. I dont want to drop him off at the doggy daycare for a month cuz he'll be caged all the time.my last resort is to fly him to my fiance's in the states but she has to find a new place to live and move cuz her current place doesnt allow pets haha.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Why'd you do that for?

Damn....I would do it but I'm not home most of the time. I walk my min pin in the evening and she pee/poo on the fake grass in the washroom
Posted via RS Mobile
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk604 View Post
Damn....I would do it but I'm not home most of the time. I walk my min pin in the evening and she pee/poo on the fake grass in the washroom
Posted via RS Mobile
:*(
Old 08-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
You're looking for boarding, not daycare. A GOOD daycare/boarding place won't keep them caged all the time... I know a couple of them out here, they have communal areas for the dogs to play and socialize through the day, and they walk them now and then.

Take a look at:
http://www.theposhpooch.ca/

I could ask the wife if she feels like taking on another one for a bit... although with our three little knuckleheads already, I dunno... what would a month's boarding be worth??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Hey, wife says if you're down to the crunch and can't find a suitable boarding place, we'll look after your guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote