REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Taking Over A Lease?

Has anyone taken over a car lease before? I've been searching various places, including LeaseBusters, and there seems to be some good deals to be had. Just interested in hearing others' experiences/thoughts.
Advertisement
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
examples of good deals? It is pretty hard to find a lease with a good buyout. It might seem like a reasonable buyout 5 years before the day actually comes, but you'd be lucky to have a buyout near actual retail value.
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I have used Craigs for the same purpose in the past, both for offering lease transfer and taking somone's lease.

Just make sure you understand the contract terms and your responsibilites upon lease end.
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
examples of good deals? It is pretty hard to find a lease with a good buyout. It might seem like a reasonable buyout 5 years before the day actually comes, but you'd be lucky to have a buyout near actual retail value.
This is the one I was looking at with the most interest:

http://leasebusters.com/en/details.asp?ID=99656

I'd have to sell my car first, so I'm obviously not going to go for this exact one, but it's an example of what's available.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #5

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
^ that is not a crazy good deal.

$44,000 for a car worth around 40?

edit: I'm assuming you want to buy it out? otherwise you could lease a 2010 for 2 years for the same price.

On top of the 25,309 buyout, you will most likely pay tax, as well as re-finance it... making it even more money.
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:41 AM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^ if he just leases it for the remainder, then he saved on the down payment. but

judging by the monthly payment the downpayment wasn't that substantial.

edit:

lol dont do it
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #7

it really depends if you want to keep the car at the end of the lease, if you dont, there are many good deals out there, but if you do, its harder to find a good buyout tag along with a low interest rate over all during the lease
TRD Rs200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
^ that is not a crazy good deal.

$44,000 for a car worth around 40?

edit: I'm assuming you want to buy it out? otherwise you could lease a 2010 for 2 years for the same price.

On top of the 25,309 buyout, you will most likely pay tax, as well as re-finance it... making it even more money.
I never said it was a "crazy good deal"... just pointing it out as an example of the prices for lease takeovers.

And no, I do not plan on buying out the car after the lease. You cannot get a 2010 for anywhere near that price (~$795/mo after tax with $0 down) and don't forget the owner is offering $2400 cash incentive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Rs200 View Post
it really depends if you want to keep the car at the end of the lease, if you dont, there are many good deals out there, but if you do, its harder to find a good buyout tag along with a low interest rate over all during the lease
Interesting. Not planning on buying out though, just want a nice car under warranty without committing myself to purchasing a vehicle.

I am self-employed so I can also write off a small portion of my car costs (20%?) as a before-tax expense.

Anyway, thanks all for the responses, still looking for more input.

Last edited by Amaru; 08-06-2010 at 04:31 PM.