REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Fitness world vs Goodlife Fitness

ty
Advertisement

Last edited by one6o4; 10-16-2010 at 01:40 PM.
one6o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
Fitness world is kinda pricey...I pay around 47 a month but its a pretty nice place to workout
Posted via RS Mobile
Timewav3zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
You may not even like working out after a while, so don't sign up to a two year agreement anywhere yet..

Not answering your question but maybe try finding a good recenter to start off.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I've had a membership at Fitness World for about 8 years. It's an okay gym. Look for a gym with the most free weights and plate loaded equipment if you are looking to bulk up. Fitness World can get pretty crowded at times.
quips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #5

Yeah ^ That's why i'm thinking of considering GoodLife Fitness instead. Does anyone have membership here? If so could you please let me know your experiences?

I've checked out Fitness world and as a student on a student budget, I think it's quite a bit, it's sort of like a corporate gym where people can talk and go on the internet, watch tv and do cardio etc

Any experiences?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
I am a Goodlife member in Victoria. It's a good gym (they are all different). I moved from Ottawa, and I had a membership there. it's nice that basically where ever you go in Canada there is a Goodlife(Just coming to BC and AB now). It's not cheap, I pay around $50 a month. But the facilities are nice and clean.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I am a Goodlife member in Victoria. It's a good gym (they are all different). I moved from Ottawa, and I had a membership there. it's nice that basically where ever you go in Canada there is a Goodlife(Just coming to BC and AB now). It's not cheap, I pay around $50 a month. But the facilities are nice and clean.
Are you on a student membership? $50 for a student sounds like quite a bit..
Old 08-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #8

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
No, i'm on a family membership. A normal one is around $60 I believe. Student membership, I have no idea.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #9

Yeah normal is $60, which is quite alot, considering Fitness World is around $48. I think student membership now is around $28 / 28 days, pretty good deal I guess
Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #10
BT
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Im currently doing the free teen membership at Northgate Goodlife. It's a great gym with a huge space and lots of equipment and weights so space is never really an issue. The free teen membership is from 8 am to 4 pm and you can use it anyday, with last check in at 3pm. But even then, the gym is a 24 hour gym and the place never seems empty. A lot of people but it rarely affects your workout. I'd say if your unsure you should call them and ask them to sign up for the free teen membership... you just need to go in and do an orientation for 30-45 minutes before they give you your free pass. Might as well take advantage of it while its still here and while your still eligible. And plus, it'll give you a chance to check it out for yourself.
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #11

^ Yup I signed up. I have orientation on Saturday to attend to, and after that I can get my free pass. How long have you been working out? Ever since this promotion started or what?

I should be able to start on sunday but it'll be halfway over already. And are you planning to get paid membership as a teen after this is over? I'm seriously considering it. The 28$ / 28days seems like a great deal
Old 08-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #12
BT
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Yeah I'm there nearly everyday now and its convenient cause its free. Only possible downside to the teen membership is that your allowed only two hours maximum each day to workout. When you go in they'll take your card and mark down the time and when your done you just come pick it up from them. Either way I'm sure your love it here.

And as to the your second question, I doubt I'll be getting a paid membership come September mainly just because of school and the fact that I can workout at the university gym. 28$/28 days is really good though considering the normal membership there I believe is at least 40 a month.
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT View Post
Yeah I'm there nearly everyday now and its convenient cause its free. Only possible downside to the teen membership is that your allowed only two hours maximum each day to workout. When you go in they'll take your card and mark down the time and when your done you just come pick it up from them. Either way I'm sure your love it here.

And as to the your second question, I doubt I'll be getting a paid membership come September mainly just because of school and the fact that I can workout at the university gym. 28$/28 days is really good though considering the normal membership there I believe is at least 40 a month.
What's your main goal? Bulking up from being skinny or what? I'm really keen on purchasing the membership when it comes around, when I took the tour of the gym, it looked like a really nice and clean facility. Tons of equipment and free-weights, not much people either.

Thanks for your input on the gym.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #14

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
Just go to a community center
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
make sire w/e gym u use they have, full rack dun bells, squat racks even better if they have more then one, bench incline and flat, kettle balls good hammer strength machines also
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote