REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #26
I don't get it

i think we should create a show off you bball kicks thread, or show off your kicks in general, since there are other ones that showcase watches, sunglasses, cell phones, etc. and I'm sure there are collectors out there that would like to display their recent purchases or treasured pairs.
Advertisement

Last edited by iamon; 08-21-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: bad spelling and fixed grammer
iamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #27
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
My bball shoes are in Canada, I can't really take pics.

I have a pair of Huarache 2004 that were already posted here, and Lebron umm.. not sure. I'd have to look at the whole Lebron collection to know. Anyone have a link?

Oh I also have a pair of AF25... They are like the Cadillac of bball shoes.. Very plush and comfortable, but heavy and clunky. Wish I would have waited until the low-tops came out
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #28
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

A real shame AF25s didn't really catch on. I have the AF25 Supremes and a pair of lows. Most comfortable shoes bar none.
MoBettah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
for the last few months I been thinking about getting these, but I have so many pairs of Hyperize kinda hard to justify to the wifey I now need a $300+ dollar pair of basketball shoes.
I know it sounds goofy but these are supposed to make you jump an extra inch or 2, there is something in the insole. Check the link website for full description. Only weighs 15 ounces!

http://www.athleticpropulsionlabs.com/

With its unique construction, the Concept 1 basketball shoe fits completely true-to-size and provides the secure feeling of a shoe that is designed to perform at the highest level of competition. The upper materials are a combination of the finest carbon fiber look synthetics, microfiber mesh and special anti-microbial linings to keep the foot comfortable and performing at the highest level throughout extended periods of play.

The Concept 1 is for serious basketball players. High-density collar padding on the interior is designed to maximize comfort while providing for the use of ankle braces.

The patent-pending Load ‘N Launch™ technology is implanted in a cavity in the forefoot of the shoe and is designed to provide an instant improvement in vertical leap.* The device works in conjunction with the high-performance materials of the outsole, midsole, insole and sock liner to create a performance experience unlike any other basketball shoe.

* Carbon fiber look synthetic upper materials are ultra-lightweight
* Load ‘N Launch™ forefoot device designed to increase vertical leap instantly
* High-Rebound, carbon fiber wash EVA midsole for superior cushioning and energy return
* Crystal rubber outsole for long-lasting performance and visual appeal
* High-grade Thermoplastic Urethane shank for heel-to-forefoot stability and shock absorption
* Load ‘N Launch™ sock liner featuring rebound EVA, APSPOX and Poron for maximum comfort, shock absorption and performance.
* High-impact EVA insole for maximum comfort and cushioning
* Clear window on outsole makes technology visible

Old 08-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #30
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportXxX View Post
One of my fav shoes back in the days....
ahhh air max uptempo scotty pippen. Everyone had those shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
for the last few months I been thinking about getting these, but I have so many pairs of Hyperize kinda hard to justify to the wifey I now need a $300+ dollar pair of basketball shoes.
I know it sounds goofy but these are supposed to make you jump an extra inch or 2, there is something in the insole. Check the link website for full description. Only weighs 15 ounces!
Yeah I've read about these. I don't but expensive shoes to ball in anymore just to walk in but these are solid.

Does anyone have a pair of KD1's? if so how are they fit wise? I'm really diggin the design

hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #31
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post

http://www.athleticpropulsionlabs.com/

With its unique construction, the Concept 1 basketball shoe fits completely true-to-size and provides the secure feeling of a shoe that is designed to perform at the highest level of competition. The upper materials are a combination of the finest carbon fiber look synthetics, microfiber mesh and special anti-microbial linings to keep the foot comfortable and performing at the highest level throughout extended periods of play.

The Concept 1 is for serious basketball players. High-density collar padding on the interior is designed to maximize comfort while providing for the use of ankle braces.

The patent-pending Load ‘N Launch™ technology is implanted in a cavity in the forefoot of the shoe and is designed to provide an instant improvement in vertical leap.* The device works in conjunction with the high-performance materials of the outsole, midsole, insole and sock liner to create a performance experience unlike any other basketball shoe.

* Carbon fiber look synthetic upper materials are ultra-lightweight
* Load ‘N Launch™ forefoot device designed to increase vertical leap instantly
* High-Rebound, carbon fiber wash EVA midsole for superior cushioning and energy return
* Crystal rubber outsole for long-lasting performance and visual appeal
* High-grade Thermoplastic Urethane shank for heel-to-forefoot stability and shock absorption
* Load ‘N Launch™ sock liner featuring rebound EVA, APSPOX and Poron for maximum comfort, shock absorption and performance.
* High-impact EVA insole for maximum comfort and cushioning
* Clear window on outsole makes technology visible

These looks pretty good.

I STILL haven't bought my new shoes yet. LOL but yah i had the Hurricanes from 2004. (6 years.) best bball shoe i've worn.

But i'm going witht eh suggestions ehre and trying out the Hypes.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:09 AM   #32
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts

These would look great if they were ALL BLACK. I'm talking no other colours other than BLACK
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

it really depends on ur build, size, position. i mean if ur going to play post and ur a bigger guy, than you'll need hte wide base along with higher support. small guys like myself would prefer low tops, light and slim

you really can't go wrong with hyperdunks.

(lol at those starbury, i would have liked to try those
)
outofnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Hey guys,

Solecollector.com has the best basketball shoe reviews out. http://solecollector.com/live/category/kicksology/

http://solecollector.com/live/kickso...nike-zoom-kd2/

I currently am rocking both the KD2 and the KobeV in all blue. The reviews say that the KD2 could very likely be the best shoe of the season which is unbelievable considering they come at such a cheap price. Although, they are not the greatest looking shoe in the world, I would have to agree. I love them.

KobeV's are very lightweight and great for agile guards, however, the main reason I bought them is because they are the best looking shoe on the current market imo.

KD2:

KOBE V Miles Davis Edition:

Here are some other shoes from my current collection:

Flightposite KG

Flight Club

Nike Shox VC I

T-Mac I

Air Jordan XVIII (18)

Last edited by JiggaZed; 09-13-2010 at 09:03 PM.
JiggaZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #35

^ I like the flight clubs. Trying to score a pair for $100 or less. I've also been looking for the KD1's. Never even realized that KD has his own signature shoes until I saw some kid ballin in them

Old 11-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #36
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

jb6044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb6044 View Post
Are those the kobe V's or something that looks similar to them? I prefer the kobe IV over the V
Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

Not a fan of those at all ^

and they are defn. not the Kobe V's, I believe they Hyperdunks. I prefer the Kobe V's over the Kobe IV personally:

1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #39
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

the ones up there in white are hyperdunk lows. Not really a supportive shoe. ur ankles will prob turn easily.

Anyone rocking the jordan 2010 ? ones that wade wears? theyre really supportive
ProjectCh3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #40
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

actually they are a really supportive shoe. they might not look like it but once you wear them youll feel that the cushioning at the ankle is really comfortable and will keep you from rolling your ankle, they are also really light and have great grip
jb6044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #41
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I got the LBJ VII about 2 months ago and so far I love it

It's extremely lightweight and very flexible (but it does have a break-in period)

The 360 airbag system on it has great impact protection, when you land the impact is distributed throughout the whole shoe and you can feel it for sure, I've gone through a lot of bball shoes but my feet tend to hurt afterwards ... but with these they seem ok

Also ~ I also have the Zoom Kobe Vs and they are amazing too ... the two pairs of shoes feel very different but it's kinda hard to compare cause I don't know how to explain it very well

I think with the ZoomV it's more bouncy whereas the LBJ VII feels more like cushioning ... I happen to prefer the cushioning more just cause my feet hurt less after a long game ~ they both have great traction but one thing in favour of Kobe's is that it has better ventilation ... VIIs tend to heat up a little more than the ZoomVs

lastly ... the LBJs look great I think but I don't think you can go wrong with either shoe
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #42
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

A bit off topic but does anyone know where I can pick up the recently retroed Vancouver Grizzlies Mike Bibby jersey by Adidas? I heard Van City Sports @ Granville Station has them but the old guy there (I think he's the owner) was a fucking prick to me the last time I was in there so they're not getting a dime of my money.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #43
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
+1 for the kobe zoom iv's, wicked shoe
+ 1.

I personally don't like the looks, but the feel and comfort and I guess science? behind the shoe are awesome. Feels light and I feel good making sharp cuts etc.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
+ 1.

I personally don't like the looks, but the feel and comfort and I guess technology behind the shoe are awesome. Feels light and I feel good making sharp cuts etc.
/fixed.
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
Can anyone direct me to a website for reviews?

Or suggestions on shoes? My shoes are finally wearing out after 6 years, need a new pair.
6 years? Holy crap! Have you done the bounce test? I bet these were worn out in 6 months.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [j]nBk View Post
ankle support because it's low top. and for the ankle support, not a problem in my opinion. i've rolled my ankles many many times with many regular basketball shoes and it doesn't matter. when you roll an ankle, you roll an ankle. just gotta be careful when you play.
There was a recent article about high tops vs low tops and statistically there was no difference in rolling ankles. It comes down to personal preference, and the current trend in the NBA is going away from high tops to low tops. Look at the number of big men wearing low tops now to have the extra quickness and flexibility.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

I went from Nike high top Shox to Kobe Vs and the difference is fantastic. The Shox are just too heavy and clunky, the Kobe Vs are so light and allow much more foot movement.

I had considered LeBrons yet wanted to try a low top since many of the NBA big men are making a switch. I don't think I'm going back to a high top.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #48
I bringith the lowerballerith

Went from kobe iv's to lebron 8's

I must say the kobe iv's were very comfortable but I didn't want to get the v's wanted to try something new and the new lebron's are just as comfortable as well..just needs time to get used to it and break em in
Posted via RS Mobile
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #49
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

The KOBE VI's.......Christmas Day Edition

Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:37 AM   #50
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
There was a recent article about high tops vs low tops and statistically there was no difference in rolling ankles. It comes down to personal preference, and the current trend in the NBA is going away from high tops to low tops. Look at the number of big men wearing low tops now to have the extra quickness and flexibility.
NBA Players who wear low cuts will tape up their ankles. Most recreational players will not.