REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #26
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
Make sure your hands are at 2 and 10 on the wheel. When turning, hands must be on the outside of the wheel. Know your hazard perception/parallel parking/3 point turn . I remember when I took the test, the instructor tricked me by telling me to park the car to the side of the road but was a sign that says no parking or there might be a fire hydrant nearby. So make sure to check for signs and only park when you're allowed to. Lastly, make sure you do shoulder checks, don't be afraid to exaggerate on your shoulder checks you want to make sure the instructor see you doing the checks.

That's all I can think of but do a search I'm sure this topic has been covered already..
when i took my N, i had my hands on 8 and 4, and he never said anything hum
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

oh yea when ur on garden city....from granville to westmin is 50 and after its 60

and..just make ur shoulder checks REALLY OBVIOUS..cos some instructors tend to dock marks if they think you do a half-assed shoulder check and dont turn your head enough
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #28
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
I have 2 lessons the 2 days before my test and then an hour before the test itself to work everything out
This^^^ and common sense = pass.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #29
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Shoulder checking is very important..

NEVER CHANGE LANES in the intersection... ive seen soo many people do this...

follow signs, they wont lie.. Make sure to memorize what all the lines on the ground mean...

at the stop line or traffic lights, make sure you stop so you can see the STOP LINE in front of you, close to it but not so you cant see it... some intructors are picky about this...
Old 08-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Taylor, yep from L to N. Nervous, but I have 2 lessons the 2 days before my test and then an hour before the test itself to work everything out
haha i never took any lessons... i passed my roadtest on first try in the snow!!
Old 08-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #31
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I did my class 7 in richmond as well. It was pretty easy. Watch out for signs. No hills or sloped roads so it should be fine.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #32
Rs has made me the man i am today!

oh yes just to add...try to avoid going through the intersection when the light turn yellow..
ALWAYS try to stop if possible.

if you can't stop..then just roll at the same speed through the intersection and don't step on the gas...the instructors absolutely hate this...almost failed me cos he said I could've stopped and shouldn't have stepped on the gas to make it through the intersection.
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #33
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
I know how you feel, I was running around everywhere asking people for tips before I went for my test. They're more strict on Class 7 test than they are on the Class 5.

When you're pulling out of ICBC, the Stop Sign before you hit the road is slanted/turned to the right, my instructor told me not to worry about that because it's meant for the other traffic getting out but I stopped anyways, because I heard that people have failed for blowing through that.

If you look to the left you will see a fire hydrant, the examiners will deem it "unsafe" if you pull out if there are cars that have already passed the Fire Hydrant, so wait until there is no traffic, or if the cars are far behind that fire hydrant. Take your time on it, I had to cut through 3 lanes to turn left from a residential area onto Gilbert Road. I was literally stopped there for at least 3 minutes signalling and waiting for a "safe" amount of space to turn out.

If you get an asian examiner, and I think there are 2 or 3, never go slow. You need to accelerate at a quicker pace and brake at a later time. All of those 2 or 3 guys hate it when people go slow. These guys are the hardest to get a pass on.

If you get a tall black dude, just sit back and relax. My friend said he told her to turn on the music so it wouldn't be awkward, and he was just looking out the window throughout the whole test.

If you get a Russian Lady, exaggerate your shoulder checking movements.

If you get a dude with dark brown hair, that's pretty much a guarantee pass as well, as long as if you can drive like a normal person. He's more lenient towards everything.

Honestly dude, I don't understand how people can manage to fail their drivers test, as long as if you can actually drive, you're safe. And it won't matter where you take your test, it's all the same shit.

If you're already taking two lessons before you go in to take your test, then don't sweat it.

Remember to:
- Adjust all your mirrors and seats prior to getting to ICBC
- Get in the car and listen to the examiner's orders
- Exaggerate Shoulder Checks
- Signal well in advance
- Stay in the right lane at all times if you can
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
yea i had the dude with brown hair...the test was so easy. Good luck
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #35
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Holy shit you have it down to the DIME!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #36
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Hchang that is amazing info!!!! Ty so much I'll thank you when I get home!
Posted via RS Mobile
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #37
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
If you get a tall black dude, just sit back and relax. My friend said he told her to turn on the music so it wouldn't be awkward, and he was just looking out the window throughout the whole test.

^^^

IT'S GARRY! He is awesome.

Also remember to shoulder check when they asked you to open your door!

If you don't its unsafe.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #38
Why'd you do that for?

always shoulder check whenever you do a stop, i know someone who failed it before getting out of the parking lot.

1 Point = Instructor tells you to pull out of the stall, you have to shoulder check both left and right (regardless if your backing up or going forward)
1 Point = Since he was backing up, he had to shoulder check to move on forward, and he forgot
1 Point = Before turning onto the street, you have to move to lane position 3, so you have to shoulder check, come to a complete stop, shoulder check again before turning, then follow through.

Anyways, take your time, exaggerate your shoulder checks, and occasionally abuse the "tapping your helmet" thing. It means that you didn't hear what they said, so you keep going straight instead of turning if they instruct you to do so. They would have to recalculate the route and it'll burn you some time.

Make sure you speed up to speed limit on highway. I got a warning for not speeding up fast enough, but i blamed it on the PRS sherpaa

Keep an eye for school zones, and make sure to use the brakes when you see speed bumps so they know that you are slowing down. Ya kinda obvious, but some people just engine brake and they won't be able to tell if you are braking or not.

Put colourful tape on your helmet if you have a dark solid colour helmet so they can see that your actually turning your head when you shoulder check, etc

Look left and right EVERY intersection (intersection = where traffic lights are)

Don't forget to cancel your signals

Do A.D.D check to make sure your first gear when your at a stop, so you don't stall it trying to go at 2nd gear

ICBC test for riding is ridiculous, they mind aswell hand you the license without testing you. But nonetheless, you still have to pass it to show them that you can ride "safely" according to their books. I wouldn't worry too much, just go out and ride to make yourself feeel comfortable
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #39

BEFORE you start the engine..

CHECK your lights first!!!! very important!!! if you dont, you will be points taken off..
Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #40
Why'd you do that for?

^^^
Really?...

I never checked my lights, and neither did a buddy of mine that did it. I think it's part of the evaluator's procedures...cause they ask you to turn the key to on, but don't start the bike. Then light check, high beams, signals, brake, hand signals...then your off...
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #41

Lol guys, not doing a bike test, its my N for car driving bcrdukes was just giving me some information on things to watch out for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk604 View Post
^^^
Really?...

I never checked my lights, and neither did a buddy of mine that did it. I think it's part of the evaluator's procedures...cause they ask you to turn the key to on, but don't start the bike. Then light check, high beams, signals, brake, hand signals...then your off...
well now that i think about it, i think you turn to the acc. mode... bah.. i forgot.. its been 14 years since i did my roadtest!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
haha i never took any lessons... i passed my roadtest on first try in the snow!!
Nice. Douchebag bragging. Why aren't you in pole position when WRC, F1 and MotoGP seasons starts?
sean_wong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_wong View Post
Nice. Douchebag bragging. Why aren't you in pole position when WRC, F1 and MotoGP seasons starts?
i didnt say that i passed it with flying colors...

if i was braggin, i would have told you how long it took, what route, what procedures and so on...... so relax..

Last edited by FerrariEnzo; 08-15-2010 at 02:40 PM.
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #45

Okay guys, that's enough. I actually appreciated FerrariEnzo's comment. I took it as simple reassurance that if he could pass with no lessons, then I could pass too since I'm taking lessons. No harm, no foul. Now quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #46
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
one area that i heard they took all my friends through and myself as well. watch out for the No right turns on Red Light area. i forget where that was.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #47
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
one area that i heard they took all my friends through and myself as well. watch out for the No right turns on Red Light area. i forget where that was.
Somewhere along westminster? Towards the gilbert area I think?
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #48
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
I took my test at 3:30 as well, it was a bad selection to be honest, but you're a lot safer because when I was doing my test it was when school was still in session I was taken through school zones and was stuck there for the longest time waiting for C-Lai's to pick up their kids.

Here's the roads that I took from what I remember.

Right outside ICBC.

Left onto Alderbridge. (If you cannot make the left turn just stay in the right lane and say you didn't have a "safe" distance to get into the left lane) And also, right when you turn out of ICBC there is a stop light really closeby, don't get too excited and gun it when you see space.

Pulled over on the side of the road in front of Tim Hortons.

Left onto Cedarbridge way then pulled over and reversed along the curb.

Right onto Elmbridge

Left onto Gilbert.

Then right onto either Lucas or Donald Road which made me hit a school zone, and then parallel parked on one of those roads, hazard perception etc etc.

Then backtracked to pretty much the same roads.

I waited a good 3 mins as mentioned in my last post to left turn back onto Gilbert because I had to cut through three lanes.

Another pretty popular route is around Dover Park to parallel park and etc, that one might be a bit harder because the cars there are tighter towards each other.

You can do it! Take a deep breath, relax, and drive!

Good luck!
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #49
My homepage has been set to RS

If you can't figure out how to pass the test on your own you shouldn't be on the road. Richmond... lol. STAY AWAY.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #50
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i don't know if it was mentioned already. but for the route that i took, there's a left turn into a side street. the street is separated with an island with big hedges in the middle. so if you get confused, you'll turn on the oncoming lane. make sure you go past the hedges.

i got a white dude that's kinda chubby. he was pretty nice. he talked about girls in short skirts during the test. i got it on the first try, learned from my dad.

for my class 5, i got an instructor to make sure i didn't pick up any bad habits. so if you can before your test, try to find an instructor to observe your driving for an hour.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote