REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Young Male severely beaten in Richmond (https://www.revscene.net/forums/622449-young-male-severely-beaten-richmond.html)

bigzz786786 08-15-2010 11:57 PM

Young Male severely beaten in Richmond

i was dropping my girlfriend off home, i have a set of keys and garage remote, and i see a young asian male crouching over and looks up as i pass him heading into the garage and he is covered in blood in lots of pain with severe lacerations to the arms and probably the face too, i quickly park dial 911 and head towards him to check on him and as i was speaking with the ambulance people on the phone i come around to where he is, the cops are already there, i over herd some witnesses saying some guys were beating him up with what looked like a metal baton and then ran on foot

my guess is that this was random, this kid did not deserve the beating he got, i think its probably a gang initiation

if anybody has any information about this incident please contact the police, do the right thing, if you saw what i saw this guy was beaten so bad that he was in utter pain, im surprised he was still standing, he looked like an innocent kid too and no older then 24

this happened on cooney road and westminster hwy beside the pizza hut on cooney road side and it just happened no more than 30 minutes ago

hchang 08-16-2010 12:12 AM

Props for calling 911.

But I think your opinion might be biased. An "innocent kid" wouldn't be beaten out of nowhere. And a gang initiation wouldn't be to beat up a random person, it'd be somebody who they have problems with.

And I know quite a few gangsters, and none of them have had to go through an initiation of beating somebody up to get in. But maybe times have changed, who knows.

bigzz786786 08-16-2010 12:15 AM

^well if he was attacked on purpose then why were the suspects running on foot?

and yes random violence does happen a lot, and yes chances are its gang related, it may not be a gang that you know, there are a lot of gangs out there and some of them are the types that are unorganized and like to do violent stupid acts

when the cops were aiding him they asked him who did it, and he didn't even know

Solo_D33A 08-16-2010 12:28 AM

Some people were fighting outside Parker Place at about 11ish, they came out of the seafood restaurant, holding alcohol and is drinking... Police were on scene with witness etc already when we arrived. Doesn't necessarily be gang related...

Jer3 08-16-2010 12:49 AM

the fact he was beaten up severely (and with a baton at that) makes me doubt the fact its
a) a gang initiation
b) an unprovoked attack

you don't get beaten up for doing nothing in most cases. i think labeling him "innocent" is premature since we don't know the whole story.

bigzz786786 08-16-2010 01:09 AM

^ok, maybe he was intoxicated and provoked the guys, but the fact that 2 witnesses saw and said that they were beating him and then ran on foot?(they ran down cooney road in the direction of where 7/11 is)

if you are targeting someone you want to beat him down and then book it, the quickest way is by car, why be on foot in a public road 1 block from the busiest road in richmond?, not only that but you would want to make sure that he can't see your face/recognize you

on top of that, who walks around with a baton without having the thought of just hitting someone randomly?

i think it was random because he did not seem intoxicated, and this kid was scrawny as hell, im talking a typical skinny kid not even dressed up, just plain jeans and a plain t-shirt on, i did see a cop at kingspark steakhouse who was there for a while, maybe he was just going to that area to grab a bite and go him, maybe he even lives in the apartment beside the pizza hut

MTV Cribs 08-16-2010 01:40 AM

Only the kid knows what happened. For all we know he could have been trying to steal someone's car, damaging it or something and instead of getting shot and killed like that kid in Surrey, he only got beaten and lived :whipped:

AzNightmare 08-16-2010 10:36 PM

who cares if the kid was innocent or not.
The point is:

If anyone have more info about this incident, speak up.

Edison_Chen 08-16-2010 11:21 PM

If its the same person, I heard he went to ICU afterwards.

mr_chin 08-18-2010 06:41 PM

Maybe it's related to the racism incident going around in richmond.

Maybe this kid had enemies, and they found out where he was chilling, came down with batons and beat the shit out of him. (Trust me, these set ups happens)

Maybe him and his friends came out to discuss (gong so) with his enemies, but his enemies didn't came out to discuss and starting rushing him.

Shit happens.

underscore 08-18-2010 08:02 PM

there's a whole lot of maybe's being tossed around here, all of which sounds pretty weak. he wouldn't know new members of a rival gang, and if you beat someone down and take off in a car that's right beside the attack, any witnesses will see the car and now have a description and possible plate number. this makes me think it wasn't totally random.

bigzz786786 08-19-2010 12:33 AM

^it wasnt by car

suspects saw them run down the street after beating him down

Fobman 08-19-2010 01:08 AM

poor kid he needs to learn martial arts lol

Culverin 08-19-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer3 (Post 7069351)
the fact he was beaten up severely (and with a baton at that) makes me doubt the fact its
a) a gang initiation
b) an unprovoked attack

you don't get beaten up for doing nothing in most cases. i think labeling him "innocent" is premature since we don't know the whole story.

I don't know man, kids nowadays aren't exactly moral, the innocent do get targeted just as easily as newbie gangsters.

A couple years back, I was jumped by a group of 8ish or so little high school punks.
I was just on my way home from a friend's on a small street in Burnaby north, those guys quickly approached me from the rear, ran and was able to to surround me.
Despite them being fairly small, I too have a small asian build, they were all my size or bigger. At 1v8+ I couldn't really do much about it.

They picked a fight, then suddenly one of them takes out a bottle, cracks it over my head, then the rest proceed to beat on me for a couple minutes.

They didn't stop until a local came out of the house and yelled at them. At that point, I was coughing out internal blood, black eyes and swollen face. Couple of stitches too.

I've got this seething hate of people with bleached bangs, tight fake armani tshirts, low grade puma shoes and kappa kids.
I wonder why :rolleyes:

So yeah, person gets beat up, I make the assumption he's innocent unless proven otherwise. Now if he was wearing the whiny drug dealer's kid uniform of kappa/puma/bleached hair, then yeah that's your choice for hanging with the wrong crowd.

P.S.
I went to the police, with locations, descriptions and such, but they didn't do a thing. Hooray overtaxed civil protection agency.

Next time this happens, one of the punks will be getting a broken neck. Scouting will commence, and then escalation.
I mean, what do you expect the public to do when the police choose not to take action? Sit idly by or make sure it doesn't happen to the next person in the neighborhood?

Fobman 08-19-2010 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7072933)
I don't know man, kids nowadays aren't exactly moral, the innocent do get targeted just as easily as newbie gangsters.

A couple years back, I was jumped by a group of 8ish or so little high school punks.
I was just on my way home from a friend's on a small street in Burnaby north, those guys quickly approached me from the rear, ran and was able to to surround me.
Despite them being fairly small, I too have a small asian build, they were all my size or bigger. At 1v8+ I couldn't really do much about it.

They picked a fight, then suddenly one of them takes out a bottle, cracks it over my head, then the rest proceed to beat on me for a couple minutes.

They didn't stop until a local came out of the house and yelled at them. At that point, I was coughing out internal blood, black eyes and swollen face. Couple of stitches too.

I've got this seething hate of people with bleached bangs, tight fake armani tshirts, low grade puma shoes and kappa kids.
I wonder why :rolleyes:

So yeah, person gets beat up, I make the assumption he's innocent unless proven otherwise. Now if he was wearing the whiny drug dealer's kid uniform of kappa/puma/bleached hair, then yeah that's your choice for hanging with the wrong crowd.

P.S.
I went to the police, with locations, descriptions and such, but they didn't do a thing. Hooray overtaxed civil protection agency.

Next time this happens, one of the punks will be getting a broken neck. Scouting will commence, and then escalation.
I mean, what do you expect the public to do when the police choose not to take action? Sit idly by or make sure it doesn't happen to the next person in the neighborhood?

see at the situation like that, i would just pick one kid and just go for that one kid dont matter if all of them keep beating me. i will still try my best to break that one kid's neck or something lol

Drow 08-19-2010 05:05 AM

why people would do this is beyond me

underscore 08-19-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigzz786786 (Post 7072853)
^it wasnt by car

suspects saw them run down the street after beating him down

that's my point, their car was probably a couple blocks away. this makes it a lot less likely that any witnesses will see their car.

bigzz786786 08-19-2010 10:21 PM

^i don't think the most thugs that run around beating up people on the street are smart enough to park far away

"ok dude, we'll park really far away but beat the guy up on a really busy street"

m4k4v4li 08-20-2010 01:21 AM

thats cuz u assume they are random thugs running around beating ppl up on the street...its fucking richmond not east hastings. why would u risk gettin ur plates taken down. its way easier to flee on foot and then jump into a car or a building away from the scene.

its prob just punk high school drama. kids dont just walk around with batons in their jackets looking for a random kid to beat up. and if they do... why the fuck would they chose a busy street to do it on?

ur logic of thinking is flawed. i wish there was a fail button

AccordCouped 08-23-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 7074114)
thats cuz u assume they are random thugs running around beating ppl up on the street...its fucking richmond not east hastings. why would u risk gettin ur plates taken down. its way easier to flee on foot and then jump into a car or a building away from the scene.

its prob just punk high school drama. kids dont just walk around with batons in their jackets looking for a random kid to beat up. and if they do... why the fuck would they chose a busy street to do it on?

ur logic of thinking is flawed. i wish there was a fail button

+1

turbonerdz 08-24-2010 10:06 PM

does anyone know what ACTUALLY happened?