REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 08-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
need a little help in picking a suit

my cousin is getting married this weekend & i already pick out what im gonna wear but i some how want RS opinion cuz i know what i picked out is not the besting thing out there & some how RS can help with that

im planning on going with a white with blue strip shirt with a double breast black blazer & i will be wearing a black pants
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
now sure how old you are but in a wedding you want to dress nice.
wear a suit with matching pants and blazer, get it together. worse thing you want to do is get something that color don't match.

aside from the fit, there's one thing i look for.
3 button

mostly wear this for a event, you won't wear these 3 button on a casual day
2 button

1 button.

2 button and 1 button can be worn casually without looking too overly dresssed.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quick question, where can you get a custom fit suit that isn't extra cheap for quality? Anybody have good experiences?

Also, how about black vests?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
To OP:

Unless the black pieces are cut from the same fabric, don't do it; unless the blacks match, they will look bad. Also, double-breasted jackets are tough to wear unless you have the 'look' to match (or are Italian.)

A darker blazer/jacket and a lighter pair of pants usually works okay (e.g. navy jacket with beige pants.)

To not really racist:

You can't expect to pay less than 1000 bucks locally for a custom suit. You're better off buying something off the rack and then having it altered. But, if you don't mind the wait, there is always Modernize Tailors on Pender and Caroll. I had a suit done there several years ago and the craftsmanship is quite good, though you have to know what you want as Bill and Jack aren't too in touch with the times (they are in their 80s after all.) You certainly won't get a non-fused (i.e. stitched at the shoulders) suit anywhere in the city for less than what you would pay at Modernize.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #5

21 & im hoping that i don't bloody out dress my cousin

im going with this shirt

but im stilling thinking about what kind of blazer cuz im deciding on if i should go with a 3 button double breast or a 2 button double breast blazer

while as for the pants my dad said i should wear a golden dress pants kind of like this

my pants the colors just a little darker, but im not really feeling it cuz i really want to go in jeans but it's a wedding & no way in hell im gonna be in jeans, so anything i can do

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
Old 08-19-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

With that combination, I don't think your cousin has anything to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
21 & im hoping that i don't bloody out dress my cousin

im going with this shirt

but im stilling thinking about what kind of blazer cuz im deciding on if i should go with a 3 button double breast or a 2 button double breast blazer

while as for the pants my dad said i should wear a golden dress pants kind of like this

my pants the colors just a little darker, but im not really feeling it cuz i really want to go in jeans but it's a wedding & no way in hell im gonna be in jeans, so anything i can do
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched View Post
Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched View Post
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

You're going to go with pleats? That combination screams accountant to me for some reason. French cuffs is a nice touch though. And as someone mentioned, its hard to pull of the double breast blazer. This isn't lego- you want a polished image as a whole.

Why the obsession with double breast?
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

another thing to consider is the setting of the wedding,
is it a church wedding with a formal banquet reception or an outdoor wedding etc.
this factors into a lot of decisions to what would be appropriate. the khaki like pants you posted would only really be good for an outdoor wedding. otherwise a dark or neutral (gray shade) would likely be better. you can definitely add color with a tie and shirt.
also depending on your build id properly say a simple two button coat would be best, 3 button or double breast will make most younger individuals look boxy or fatter than they are. a slim two button allows more of the tie to show and gives the sense of length as opposed to width.

ps. your current outfit looks like a dockers ad.
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
RS controls my life!

Just rent a suit for the day. The groom will most likely rent his suit, so I would just piggyback and rent along with him.

No hassles. Summer wedding = sweat all over
Wetordry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #12
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

id stay away from the double breasts unless you really know what you are doing
id recommend maybe a gray/dark gray or a black 2 button suit

the most important thing is the fit
you need to get your suit tailored to fit your body correctly
go for slim.
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #13

i dont have an obsession over double breast suits it's just that all suits i have were double breast cuz my dad kind of gotten my fitment & some how i ended up with 2 double breast suits

(& double breast is always better then single breast cuz who likes to touch one boob when these things should come in pairs lol, yes it's a bad joke sorry about that)

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote: