REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Changing Flights with Cathay Pacific

I was wondering if it's possible to change your return flight date with Cathay Pacific? I'm currently in HK right now and my return flight is on the 22nd, however my parents have some stuff to do and would like to stay a week or two longer then the 22nd.

I talked to my travel agent in Vancouver and she told me that all flights from HKG/YVR and vice-versa are all fully booked until mid-September and its pretty much impossible to change your flight, even for a fee cause it's fully booked, unless I want to change from Economy to Business class.

Could I get on a wait-list somehow or could I change my flight with others? Say they have return flight on the 28th and want to leave earlier, can I switch with them through via Cathay Pacific's head office? If so, how much does it cost and where can I even find these people?! :haha;

If you have any special connections that could help me or friends that want a earlier flight, feel free to PM me, that'd help me A LOT!

Thanks!

PS: This is the wrong part of the forum but the traffic is a lot more then the travel section and I need an answer within the next day or so.
Advertisement
JulyZerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I would suggest you phone Cathay Pacific and ask if you can wait for a standby flight. There's obviously no guarantee with standby, but if you're really desperate it's worth a try.
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

don't forget school starts in september, usually all flights in last half of august are fully booked. try you luck with cathay.. i remember their number is something like 27478888
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:58 AM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i actually JUST came back from HK. My original return flight back was July 12th but i managed to change it to Aug 12. They told me everything is booked and that if there is an open spot i would have to pay 300$ CAD. So i went with that and one day before my actual flight on Aug 11 they called me telling me that if i left that day, the 300$ charge would be waived so i packed all my shit and headed for the airport. I guess someone did a last minute cancellation on their ticket so i got lucky and saved myself 300bucks.

But yeah its pretty much impossible now to change your ticket. I just got extremely lucky.
kluk is offline   Reply With Quote