REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 08-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

No Space in Passport Question

Hey, was curious if anyone has been in the same situation as me and can give some advice.

My passport is not set to expire for another 1.5 years but I only have one more blank page for entry/exit stamps. Due to my travel, I get a new entry and exit stamp practically twice a month. What will happen if there is no ore space available for immigration stamps? Can they overlap each other and jam a bunch on one page or must I be forced to get a new passport?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
I think they can jam a bunch onto each page. When I went to Europe, they jammed a bunch of stamps on several pages.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
I am grateful grapefruit

some countries specify for their visas that they need a blank page. If it's just entry/exit, then you should be fine though. If it's an obscure country, I would enquire at the consulate if there is one local.
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
If you do a lot of traveling, get a 48-page Passport.

Otherwise, with only one more page, you will be crammed for space in case the country you are visiting (ie: China) implements a full page "stick on" Visa rather than a stamp visa
Old 08-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #5

I am not asking about a visa, I am asking about immigration exit and entry stamps. Yes the 48 page passport would be better suited for me, but I did not think I would be using my passport this much 4 years ago.

Too bad we can't get pages added like the US and it's a real pain in the ass getting a new passport abroad.

Oh wells, thanks!
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 08-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
I am grateful grapefruit

it is DEFINITELY a pain in the ass getting a passport abroad, i can attest to that.

just get it express renewed next time you're in town
Old 08-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
I am not asking about a visa, I am asking about immigration exit and entry stamps. Yes the 48 page passport would be better suited for me, but I did not think I would be using my passport this much 4 years ago.

Too bad we can't get pages added like the US and it's a real pain in the ass getting a new passport abroad.

Oh wells, thanks!
I believe there's a Canadian consulate in HK where you can hand in your passport application which should be a lot easier. (well, easier than having to mail in your passport to Canada which is what I had to do when I was living in the US)

Here's their page:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

In the FAQ, it mentions that they cannot add any more pages and that you'll have to get a new passport once it's full.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
IMO you should just get a new, larger passport at the consulate. The price is the same as getting it in Canada.

On a related note, I hate how a full page is wasted every time you get a China visa
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
I believe there's a Canadian consulate in HK where you can hand in your passport application which should be a lot easier. (well, easier than having to mail in your passport to Canada which is what I had to do when I was living in the US)

Here's their page:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

In the FAQ, it mentions that they cannot add any more pages and that you'll have to get a new passport once it's full.
Yeah thanks, it's just hard finding a "real" guarantor.
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 08-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #10
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
They don't have to be Canadian citizens. So any doctor you have been to will be sufficient.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
I am grateful grapefruit

The Doctor has to have known you for x number of years though...

I had a hard time finding a guarantor as well. The people at the embassy can be your guarantor for a fee (which is what i ended up doing)... all you need is your current passport and some extra id (i think i used my DL). Then when I was there, I realized that the list of guarantor occupations is quite long. My housemate (from vancouver) is a social worker and could've been my guarantor... hahaha.