REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 10-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Seriously?? I just searched and found round trip flights about $201 - 250 / person out of Seattle on Delta, American and Alaska.

Mind you you won't have a movie, or a meal, and you'd have to stay down in Seattle and park you car.
I guess it depends if you're parking your car at YVR if there's any savings there.
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #27
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
I think he's flying out of Vancouver. Sometimes flying out of Seattle may not be worth the time and the trip. (At least in my case anyway.)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #28
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Just a heads up, in case you guys are looking to purchase Lakers Tickets.

The TicketExchange website (buying tickets off season holders), they require a credit card with a US address. I ran into some problems, but I managed to call my credit card company and add a temporary US address (TSB shipping)

Tickets pick up is at the box office, so no need to worry about fake ones. TicketExchange is governed by the Official LA Lakers website, through Ticketmaster.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #29
RS Veteran

Sounds like you're all set. Have fun!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 10-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #30

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Right now, I am looking to priceline for hotels. Where is a good area to stay? I find that LA hotels looks fairly dated... main things I am looking for are 1. Affordable parking, 2. Free Internet.

I am going from Nov.11 to Nov.15, to make pricelining easier, I am thinking to split the bids into 2 days. I low balled $46 for 3.5* in LAX and Santa Monica, no luck :P

I should mention that I rented a car, so traveling won't be THAT big of a problem.. are the beach hotels overrated?

my plan = Nov11-13, beach hotels... Nov13-15, LAX... does that sound about right?

btw, Lakers vs. Suns, 6 rows behind the floor seats near the Lakers bench
Old 10-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #31
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Right now, I am looking to priceline for hotels. Where is a good area to stay? I find that LA hotels looks fairly dated... main things I am looking for are 1. Affordable parking, 2. Free Internet.
Try the Venice Beach/Marina Del Ray area. I believe the Marriot in MDR has free internet. Can't say the same about parking. Most hotels will look and feel fairly dated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood
I am going from Nov.11 to Nov.15, to make pricelining easier, I am thinking to split the bids into 2 days. I low balled $46 for 3.5* in LAX and Santa Monica, no luck :P
www.betterbidding.com - Go read up in the California forum. This will also help with your hotel search. Read the reviews on Priceline. People typically complain about parking and internet fes. If so, you'll see it.

Quote:
I should mention that I rented a car, so traveling won't be THAT big of a problem.. are the beach hotels overrated?
No experience in that but if you want, an alternative would be Air BnB. I believe hal0g0dv2 recently used it for booking an apartment in New York. I've used it before and it was great.

Quote:
my plan = Nov11-13, beach hotels... Nov13-15, LAX... does that sound about right?
Whatever works for you. This is your trip.

Quote:
btw, Lakers vs. Suns, 6 rows behind the floor seats near the Lakers bench
Baller!

This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #32

Everything is booked and ready to go!

Flight - check
Hotel - check (I finally pricelined a hotel and it's only 4 minutes walk from Staples Center! fuck yea!)
Car - check
Lakers game - check

Now, I must plan how to use my time wisely.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #33
RS Veteran

*hahaha*

Start planning your routes now because YOU WILL get stuck in traffic.

I may head down to LA during those dates. If not, have an In'n'Out burger for me.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #34
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

I booked a trip to LA Dec 9-13. $311 for the ticket through Air Canada, $100 for 4 days of car rental after coupon codes found on fatwallet.com. Also got my friend to book me the hilton for $39 a night staff rate!

Now..what is there to see and do in LA aside from the standard universal/disney/theme parks.

Going with the GF, so of course shopping...but yah, need more suggestions
Old 11-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Just a heads up, in case you guys are looking to purchase Lakers Tickets.

The TicketExchange website (buying tickets off season holders), they require a credit card with a US address. I ran into some problems, but I managed to call my credit card company and add a temporary US address (TSB shipping)

Tickets pick up is at the box office, so no need to worry about fake ones. TicketExchange is governed by the Official LA Lakers website, through Ticketmaster.
Thanks for the tip..
When I went to the playoffs, met some NBC worker and he sold me tickets.. he even left it at my Anaheim hotel and I just paid him when I got to the building...talk about convenience as he knew I wasn't from town lol. (I was still in SF too when he left it).. It's just finding the right seller too

AWESOME experience... Let me know if the Pau Gasol look alike still walks around outside before the game... BOY did he fool a lot of ppl haha

How much did the tickets cost you?
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
*hahaha*

Start planning your routes now because YOU WILL get stuck in traffic.

I may head down to LA during those dates. If not, have an In'n'Out burger for me.
Traffic is insane in LA. Plan ahead, check the news frequently before car rides and have alternate routes in mind. If you have a netbook that you can throw in your car and check traffic while you're out and about (there's free wifi at almost all Californian Mc Donalds and many coffee shops and what not, (you can pick it up in the parking lot usually) that's handy too.

Avoid being on the roads from about 7 am to 10 am and 4 pm to 6 pm if possible. I am always blown away when you have 8 lanes each way on the hwy and it's STILL bumper to bumper during rush hour.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Now..what is there to see and do in LA aside from the standard universal/disney/theme parks.
Are you doing the theme parks? If you want to drive down to San Diego for the day then the Southern California passes are totally the best bang for your buck. For $250/each you get three days in Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World and either the San Diego Wildlife park or the San Diego Zoo.

There's beaches though it's getting a little cold for that, all of Hollywood, the wax museum, shopping, shopping, more shopping. Baseball, Basketball, Hockey... Concerts.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Thanks for the tip..
When I went to the playoffs, met some NBC worker and he sold me tickets.. he even left it at my Anaheim hotel and I just paid him when I got to the building...talk about convenience as he knew I wasn't from town lol. (I was still in SF too when he left it).. It's just finding the right seller too

AWESOME experience... Let me know if the Pau Gasol look alike still walks around outside before the game... BOY did he fool a lot of ppl haha

How much did the tickets cost you?
For those seats, face value was $230 each but I got them for $200 each. Not bad I suppose but I don't have any other experience to compare to.

To get a preview of Staples Center, today I also bought tickets to see LA Kings vs. NY Islanders. I don't know anything about hockey but it's just so cheap. $35 a piece for upper bowl centre ice!

My hotel is only 4 mins walk to the venue, might as well...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
For $250/each you get three days in Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World and either the San Diego Wildlife park or the San Diego Zoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
I liked the San Diego and Newport Beaches south of LA better than the ones closer. Probably cause we were their during their hottest temps ever and it was a fair bit cooler down in San Diego then the insane 47C in LA while I was there. In general I actually really did like San Diego better than LA though. It's an easier to navigate city in general... kinda reminds me of Vancouver with better beaches and palm trees.
Listen, if you liked San Diego so much, why don't you start a new thread about it? Your posts give off an impression that you have the intellect comparable to some ditzy blonde tart Asian know-it-all girl.
sean_wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #40
RS Veteran

^
Ummm....no. Enjoy the points.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:29 AM   #41
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I am planning to head down to LA in the upcoming Remembrance Day holiday but the air tickets are just insane. $800+ from YVR. Probably will head down to Seattle to catch the flight. Any air ticket deals, park &ride, LA accommodation, car rental, attractions (not night club), and shopping tips (not the bling bling ones) would be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance.
Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #42

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
Rly?? 800 wow that's ridiculous... I helped my parents book a flight down after remebrance day nov 12-20 for 333 on expedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junky View Post
I am planning to head down to LA in the upcoming Remembrance Day holiday but the air tickets are just insane. $800+ from YVR. Probably will head down to Seattle to catch the flight. Any air ticket deals, park &ride, LA accommodation, car rental, attractions (not night club), and shopping tips (not the bling bling ones) would be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance.
Posted via RS Mobile
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #43
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

So what are the "Must eat" restaurants in LA?

I'm trying to plan out my trip right now. Do you guys think it's worth while making a day trip to San Diego? Anything special to see there?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #44
RS Veteran

These are restaurants I quite enjoyed on my recent visit to Los Angeles.

bcrdukes.com - LA Part 1
bcrdukes.com - LA Part 2.

And if you like coffee - bcrdukes.com - Intelligentsia Coffee

Daytrip to San Diego - No. Personally I don't think it's worth doing.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #45
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Any shopping mall or outlet recommended?
Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #46
RS Veteran

^
Junky,

The topic of shopping malls and outlets has been discusses numerous times within the Travel Forum. Please utilize the search feature to find multiple threads regarding your questions.

Thanks.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #47

Going on Thursday

now, need to do some planning
Old 11-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #48

Thanks to bcrdukes corporate code, my underage fees were waived. The agent had to get an approval from his manager though.
I also bought some car damage insurance for $9 a day. No deductibles and He claims that I am not liable for any damages to the car.. That sounds weird but whatever, it's only a $9 coverage per day and I don't want to get dinger in case I hit a pole or something.

Venice beach had a lot of hobos.. Getty museum was interesting but not as good as our national gallery in Ottawa.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #49
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

gotta visit the observatory at griffith park, nice view of the city
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #50
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
So what are the "Must eat" restaurants in LA?

I'm trying to plan out my trip right now. Do you guys think it's worth while making a day trip to San Diego? Anything special to see there?
I didn't really do any fine dining last time I went but there are a lot of famous restaurants in LA. Providence, Wolfgang Puck's Spago and CUT (but they have those in LV as well), Yamashiro etc. I really wanted to go to Providence but couldn't fit it in my schedule.

Some "famous" places I did go to.

Sweet Lady Jane

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles
prelude_prince is online now   Reply With Quote