REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

relationship Poll

Hi Guys,

I just have this school project that I need to do a poll for.
If you have relationship issues, problems, advise or just needed a place to vent. Would you 1. Do it online ( Like an FML site but more specific in terms of relationship issues) 2. Talk to a close friend, Please also state your gender and your reason for picking 1 or 2.

Please keep this on topic. I need it for school. Thanks

Note:
let's say it's a major issue. I.E. you or your partner cheating, getting pregnant and not knowing how to tell your parents or partner etc.

Last edited by davids; 08-28-2010 at 03:49 PM.
davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
2) In person. Because I know and trust the person.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
2. You can trust your (real) friends, people online won't fully comprehend the situation you're in, less judgement, more support.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
M.

Although I occasionally do #1. every now and then, definitely hands-down the best pick is #2.

My friends know me much better (obviously) and they know how I operate. Plus most of them know my history with past relationships/flings. So naturally, taking advice or just flat out venting out to them is the more logical option rather than doing it online with complete strangers. Advice and feedback are both crucial with helping someone in vent-mode (or etc.), so yep, #2. fosho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Thanks for all your input guys. Basically what it is I think is that they want to create a support system for people who are not very open to their own friends or have problems discussing their own issues because they don't know what they're doing wrong. Let's face it, not everybody spills their guts to friends when they have issues. There's always a fear of rejection or the fear of being judged by other people and sometimes it's easier to just let off steam and vent online to people who you know will not judge you or even if they did you know they don't know you personally so it won't matter.

An example would be this page alone. Over 60 people have already viewed this page and only several replied. It can be because 1. they don't care or 2. they're worried about what people will think if they pick one instead of two? I could be wrong but I could be right too.

Thanks again! let's keep em coming guys!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:56 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davids View Post
Thanks for all your input guys. Basically what it is I think is that they want to create a support system for people who are not very open to their own friends or have problems discussing their own issues because they don't know what they're doing wrong. Let's face it, not everybody spills their guts to friends when they have issues. There's always a fear of rejection or the fear of being judged by other people and sometimes it's easier to just let off steam and vent online to people who you know will not judge you or even if they did you know they don't know you personally so it won't matter.

An example would be this page alone. Over 60 people have already viewed this page and only several replied. It can be because 1. they don't care or 2. they're worried about what people will think if they pick one instead of two? I could be wrong but I could be right too.

Thanks again! let's keep em coming guys!
I originally wasn't going to post cause I didn't care.. But I'm replying to agree with your point #2.

But since I'm replying anyways lol... I personally prefer asking online because 1) I'm not the type to openly layout my dilemma, 2) you get different forms of answers from different people and views, so you get to think about both sides of the spectrum. And also, friends are most likely to give advice you WANT to hear, and not necessarily need to hear.

But ofcourse, there are some topics where it's best to go to a friend.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

yea good point about getting different view points from different people. You're right about how people will give you the whole "it's going to be alright speech" and not what you really need to hear.

Let's keep em coming guys!!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
I deal with my problems myself. I never felt comfortable outsourcing my troubles; nor the pity that came with it.

If anyone asks me if I'm okay even though I'm really not, the answer is always "I'm OK."
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

i'm an alphamale

depends on the situation if it's about girls i almost never go to another girl for advice, because they're going to mislead me. however, if i don't know what to do i go to my female cousin. so i guess i'm choosing choice #2. she'll never mislead me, even if i'm trying to get into another girls pants, she's down right to help me dupe her. if i fucked up badly, she'll still help me. believe me, i do a lot of stupid shit. extremely greatful to have her.

sometimes i do go to my friends though, again depends on the situation. if it's something about my relationship i talk to my buddies, they'll tell me down right to drop her, i'm whipped, etc. if i'm sensitive(which is like never) about what they're saying, chances are they're probably right. if i'm insecure to talk to my buddies, i'll talk to a good friend from the states.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.

Last edited by v.Rossi; 08-29-2010 at 10:26 PM.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

haha good comments so far. I like how everybody is honest here.

Let's get more people to respond please and thank you!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

I think because of CoupeZIRL's comment people are going to be worried to respond. Let's all keep in mind that different people deal with different things differently.

Sometimes any kind of outlet whether online or real life is better than no outlet at all.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #12
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

if it is a major issue like cheating/accidental pregs etc., i would choose to deal with it by talking to my partner.
with a relationship comes trust and friendship so i shouldn't be afraid to talk about what's important to me. family/friends tend to be more biased, really quick to go "fuck 'em who cares you can do better" and the way my family is, if someone hurts me, it's automatic hate and there's nothing my partner could do that will reverse that.

if i love/care about this person i am with, then our troubles will be between us. the way i see it is if i'm getting into bed with someone, he better damn be prepared to deal with it when i wanna talk about something serious that will concern us both. and if he isn't, then he should stop being a bitch.

i just think nobody can tell me how my partner feels, how i feel and what we should do about it better than us.

venting = immediate (but only temporary) relief
personally, i feel better in the long run if i take some time to think about what i wanna say then keep it to the point. when i'm angry i just get vengeful and unnecessarily dramatic so now i know i'll just end up saying things that i'll regret later.

Last edited by DGiRL; 08-29-2010 at 10:54 PM.
DGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Thanks for the input guys!

Can I get more input please and thank you!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #14

CoupezIRL, I thought you were a girl until re-reading your post, at first I was going to ask you if you were a lesbian.....Your username threw me off sorry
Old 08-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
1 because i can do vent anonymously..unless it was a major problem like you stated, then it'd be 2.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #16
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
CoupezIRL, I thought you were a girl until re-reading your post, at first I was going to ask you if you were a lesbian.....Your username threw me off sorry
my first sentence wasn't blunt enough? how did my name throw you off, does it look likes dykeziam? punk, best be sorry!

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #17

I always thought your username was CoupeGirl
Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #18

Quote:
+1.

And I thought we had another female member that went by a similar name as well.

It took me a while reading his posts to give his handle a closer look and figure out it wasn't her.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #19
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
both.

online you will get a spew of 100's of answers, and of those 100, if even 1 is good, then it was worth the effort. plus you can get ideas from other answers even if they don't relate.

your friends give you a more personal answer based on the fact that they know you and tailor the answer to your needs.

but sometimes a general answer is better. or someone else that's gone through the exact same problem.

oh yeah like someone said above, you friends wont always tell you what you need to hear. not all are straight up honest and frank. the truth hurts sometimes.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #20
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

#2: They know wut u have been thru and understand the situation more than a bunch of 15 yr old virgins on the other side of the screen

I think ppl who do #1 r basically looking for confirmation. They think they know wut to do but need someone else to tell them wut they'r doing is right.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #21
Director of RS Cares

2. Whenever I got something I need advice on when it comes to relationships, I call my friend who is like my sister. She knows me like the back of my hand and the great thing is she will be brutally honest with me. There's pros and cons for both options but for me I rather have someone give me advice that I know well than some random who is just looking at it at a general point of view without any consideration as to what kind of person I am etc.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #22

Wow, seems to be a lot of people opting for #2 out of trust and personalization of advice.

However, for a lack of representation, #1 also has its advantages over the overly represented #2 with respect to anonymity; especially depending on how sensitive the problem is and whether or not it can affect how your peers will view you thereafter.

'wonder if people had thought about that.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #23
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #24
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
#2 cuz my friends know me better than people on forums, and they would have also been around to see what/how it all happened so they'd be able to give me better advice about the situtation
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #25
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids View Post
Hi Guys,
Note:
let's say it's a major issue. I.E. you or your partner cheating, getting pregnant and not knowing how to tell your parents or partner etc.
drop the girl like a hot potato and move on, never look back. tell the family she died in a car wreck and never mention her name again. if she shows up say its a guh-guh-guh-ghost, run staionary in mid air for a few seconds then take off.