REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #3076
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Even when that big truck fell, the zombies still had to funnel out of the V-shaped trucks. They could've just reinforced the wall...dropped a match and watched those motherfuckers burn. They could leave a few to make noise and you have a zombie trap!

I mean, what do you do when you want to get rid of ants or whatever? Let's Pied Piper these motherfucking ants away from the house instead of dropping some ant traps around, you guys!
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:35 AM   #3077
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Even when that big truck fell, the zombies still had to funnel out of the V-shaped trucks. They could've just reinforced the wall...dropped a match and watched those motherfuckers burn. They could leave a few to make noise and you have a zombie trap!

I mean, what do you do when you want to get rid of ants or whatever? Let's Pied Piper these motherfucking ants away from the house instead of dropping some ant traps around, you guys!
Exactly!

Light them up and then come back every few days and repeat the process! Instead, let's make up this elaborate plan to funnel thousands of zombies somewhere in the middle of nowhere while wasting manpower and time to build up walls to funnel them away.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #3078
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Assuming it's near Alexandria, the smell would be a factor. I imagine the smoke would bring attention to the development as well.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #3079
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
where would they be getting that much fuel to fill up that quarry? this isn't a fire pit in your backyard... they would need something like the chevron oil refinery to do it?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 10-19-2015 at 06:31 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2015, 07:19 PM   #3080
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
like 4 years after the end of the world. brb dont save fuel, just burn it.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #3081
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
The reasons for moving the herd were said in the show. Its like you guys dont watch it sometimes smh
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:54 PM   #3082
...in the world.

Yes, they could build over time and overwhelm them eventually...if they left them the fuck alone but if they thinned the herd and controlled it, it would be better than the clusterfuck that's happening now.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #3083

So go every day for the next 2 years and kill 20-30 walkers a day? You're burning a lot of energy doing that. It's incredibly risky due to the fact you could get surrounded by other walkers attracted to the noise.

How they did it in the show was perfect, they did not expect a horn to blow at the end obviously or else it would have gone off without a hitch.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:39 PM   #3084
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
How they did it in the show was perfect, they did not expect a horn to blow at the end obviously or else it would have gone off without a hitch.
Except it's not "perfect" and now everything has gone to shit because thousands of them are now headed to their settlement

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2015, 07:48 AM   #3085
I subscribe to Revscene

they basically said that the only reason alexandria was "safe" for so long was because of that pit. if maintaining trucks/walls/barriers on a pit and killing a few walkers every day means the city basically stays basically untouched by walkers, i'd say that's a small price to pay.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:53 AM   #3086
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
i was also thinking just light them all on fire.
this was going through my head

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:44 PM   #3087
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
So go every day for the next 2 years and kill 20-30 walkers a day? You're burning a lot of energy doing that. It's incredibly risky due to the fact you could get surrounded by other walkers attracted to the noise.

...that's your plan? In a pit of thousands of zombies, you come back every day to kill 0.0001% of them?

No, you start a fire and burn them all. The zombies were only a trickle when they discovered them. Seal off the exits with concrete. There has to be concrete around a city. It's not exactly a useful resource in the apocalypse.

Then you start a motherfucking fire. Fire doesn't kill zombies but it will reduce them to smouldering piles of rubble that can't get murder you unless you step into their mouths.

Then come back every so often and repeat. The only problem is eventually the pile of dead zombies would get pretty high and holy shit 10000 burning zombies would reek.

Every...day...lol. Even if there's nothing to do in the end of times, that still seems like a poor use of time. Remind us not to follow you when the zombies come.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #3088
...in the world.

Not to mention the pit would eventually fill with zombies again and they'd have to do this shit all over again...so your way/the show's way is way less efficient and more dangerous.

It's a built-in zombie trap!
Old 10-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #3089

oh boy lol

Theres 3 posts on this page why your fire idea isn't so great.

I'll just leave it at that.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #3090
...in the world.

No fuel? There's Hyundais everywhere.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #3091
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
You don't have to light all of them on fire. You set a small group on fire and they will run around and bump into others setting them on fire. They could have also made some napalm.

I'm I the only one that thinks Rick is kind of an idiot.

Last edited by Manic!; 10-16-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 03:32 PM   #3092
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Fire Spreads. With the density of Zombies in that pit fire would spread very easily on contact. You don't need a lot of fuel to light up a lot of Zombies. The pit obviously isn't "that" close to town as it took some time to find it so smell wouldn't be that big a factor. It would be fairly quiet as well as they aren't going to be screaming in pain, just burning. It seems like a perfect buffer in fact if you really thought it out you could build a wedge leading other zombies INTO the pit like they did with the fence leading away from it.

Berz out.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #3093
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,181 Times in 237 Posts
lmao if you light it up, then forest would be fire, plus the sound of fire would attract more walkers. It would be a endless loophole. The community they have is as good as dead if they light it up. The only chance they have is to diverge the herd of walkers to somewhere else.

Someone in this thread said leave the zombies in the pit, no hurry. Did you hear what Rick said? a few more raining days, and the mud slide, the trucks will fall into the pit, and walkers will just walk towards their community which is just a matter of time.

If you go back and watch carefully, Rick took the group to the pit, and explained what they will do in the next day or so. The truck fell, so they had to do it live that day instead of doing it the next day.
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2015, 05:32 PM   #3094
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by is350 View Post
lmao if you light it up, then forest would be fire, plus the sound of fire would attract more walkers. It would be a endless loophole. T
It's rock pit so the fire would stay in the rock pit. It would not be an endless look hole because eventually all the Zombies in the area would die.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #3095
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
YAAAAS CAROL!!!

Happy to see the 'real' Carol again.

Decent episode.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #3096
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
that would be a fuck ton of work to thin them out,i wouldn't trust a staircase of dead zombies if you're weren't deadlifting those fuckers away after one and the rest coming toward you.

but you guys would recommend you crash one of these off the cliff into the center of them???.....i Say Hose them down in fuel stone Cold Steve austin beer truck style and be done with it
Old 10-18-2015, 09:25 PM   #3097
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Ohh Morgan... Why did you let him go.... Maybe third time is the charm for good ol Captain Morgan.

They should just learn from Rick to not spare any lives. Ex., Governor, terminus people...

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:22 PM   #3098
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
all those guns...you think you would be more prepared then simply passing it off as "This place is too big to protect"
i don't know how the comic went,but i have a feeling this whole terror group is going to be bumping in that horde or their own place gets eaten alive
Old 10-18-2015, 10:26 PM   #3099
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
RIP tortoise

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #3100
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
You don't need that much fuel, the walkers are wearing clothes and are in tight proximity of each other, plus you can always roll down a bunch of tires into that pit to keep the fire going. It's not that hard, moving them was a huge risk to take.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: