REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Notice & Order Box 3

Ok I've searched the forum for some information on my dilemma at the moment and didnt come up with anything. I'm selling my car and the interested party wants the car as is. Last night I got a notice and order box 3 to repair the defects in 14 days (exhaust). Now the buyer wants the car as is and said the notice and order box 3 follows the plate of the car. Is this true? I could fix it but if he wants the car as is am i responsible in fixing it? And does it only follow the plate cause I intend to cancel the plate once sold.
Advertisement

Last edited by fsy82; 08-30-2010 at 09:07 AM.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

figure out how u think u got this notice. if you got pulled over and checked, it shud be an instant notice (correct me if im wrong), or it might be from air care... which shouldnt be the case.

If he knows that there is such notice and still buys the car, dont bother repairing it as you have notified him the problem exists. If he does not wish to buy it until its repaired, then it is up to u if u still want to commit to this deal

that said i also have no clue if it follows the plate, usually things on a car follow the car's history
k2a1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2a1314 View Post
figure out how u think u got this notice. if you got pulled over and checked, it shud be an instant notice (correct me if im wrong), or it might be from air care... which shouldnt be the case.

If he knows that there is such notice and still buys the car, dont bother repairing it as you have notified him the problem exists. If he does not wish to buy it until its repaired, then it is up to u if u still want to commit to this deal

that said i also have no clue if it follows the plate, usually things on a car follow the car's history
I know what a box 2 is where you must take it to an inspection facility but she was being nice and said I'm only going to give you a box 3 notice which entails to show the peace officer at any detachment that the defects have been fixed. This has nothing to do with aircare as she stated the exhaust was too wide.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
I bringith the lowerballerith

A box #1 and #2 will follow the vehicle, a box #3 will not. You'll note that on a Notice and Order ticket, we write down all the vehicle information down, including a partial VIN. A vehicle with an outstanding box #2 or box #1 Notice and Order shouldn't be allowed to be re-registered and re-insured, though I found one recently that had been.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
A box #1 and #2 will follow the vehicle, a box #3 will not. You'll note that on a Notice and Order ticket, we write down all the vehicle information down, including a partial VIN. A vehicle with an outstanding box #2 or box #1 Notice and Order shouldn't be allowed to be re-registered and re-insured, though I found one recently that had been.
Yeah I'm looking at my ticket right now and the peace office did not write a Vin # on the ticket. She saved me a lot of hassle and I just didnt wanna screw her around by not complying. But if what you are saying is correct then its okay to transfer the vehicle without any problems.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #6

Just an update. I went to the Surrey detachment by Surrey City Hall and the officer cleared my ticket without checking my vehicle. All he asked was did you get the stuff fixed and I said yes. He signed the ticket and sent me on my way.