REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Kanye West's secret show at The Box (https://www.revscene.net/forums/623577-kanye-wests-secret-show-box.html)

Ilagon 08-30-2010 08:37 PM

Kanye West's secret show at The Box

"Kanye West and John Legend were at the New York nightclub The Box last night to perform at their secret show in front of a crowd of 200 people. With Kanye’s Rosewood Movement on the rise as of late, everyone on his G.O.O.D. Music label and even the attendees were required to wear formal attire to the spectacle that one could essentially consider a black-tie affair. At previous Kanye shows, there had never been a dress code requirement for attendees or his artists, so one can surely get the sense that this whole Rosewood Movement is more than merely a way of dressing, but a way of life."

Can't wait for his album to drop!

twitchyzero 08-30-2010 11:57 PM

Though i never really gave Graduation a chance..thought 808 & Heartbreak was lackluster..i'm ready to give his new album a good listen. This is coming from someone who really enjoyed College Dropout.

akalic 08-31-2010 12:27 AM

kanye is the man

unit 08-31-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 7086676)
Though i never really gave Graduation a chance..thought 808 & Heartbreak was lackluster..i'm ready to give his new album a good listen. This is coming from someone who really enjoyed College Dropout.

Don't expect another college dropout.
You'll be disappointed if you do.
Posted via RS Mobile

MR_BIGGS 08-31-2010 08:25 AM

I can't see Kayne making another College Dropout album.
That album was sick.

He'll continue to make good music, but nuthin like that CD.

unit 08-31-2010 08:44 AM

theres 2 types of artists. ones who stay true to their sound (ie. the roots), and ones that go mainstream and evolve (kanye).
kanyes style has changed and probably wont go back.

MarkyMark 08-31-2010 09:38 AM

God it's not going to be another 808 type album is it
Posted via RS Mobile

Ilagon 08-31-2010 09:47 AM

Don't expect any auto-tune on his new album.

MR_BIGGS 08-31-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Kanye West & Jay-Z to release five-song record
Quote:

Does it get any better than this? Kanye West announced via Twitter over the weekend that he and his “big brother” Jay-Z are prepping a joint five-song record called Watch the Throne.

We’ve already heard the remix of “Power” that featured the two heavyweights, and then on Friday Yeezy dropped the next track, “Monster.” So, according to my calculations then, we still have three more to go to complete the track listing.

Kanye was brief with the announcement, tweeting, “Me and jay bout to drop a 5 song album called “Watch the Throne”… and then later, “‘MONSTER’ ….. Happy GOOD Friday!!! The second song off of me and Jay album!”

Our best guess is that the album will trickle out as part of Kanye’s “Good Friday” free song series he’s promised till Christmas.

Ilagon 08-31-2010 05:42 PM

Monster is a dope track, minus Nicki Minaj. Not a big fan of her.

filth 09-04-2010 02:12 AM

IMO nicki minaj had one of the hardest verses on that track next to Kanyes.

"have you ever had sex with a pharoah
I put the pussy in a sarcophagus
now she claiming I bruise her esophagus
head of the class and she just want a swallowship"

:hat:

Also his new track Devil In A New Dress is fire too.