REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 08-30-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Where to Buy: Digital Scales

Hey folks,

I am looking for a digital scale that measures in grams accurate to 0.1g. The scale must be small and can fit in the kitchen counter. I would like to be able to go to a local store to buy this in case I need assistance/warranty. I would prefer not to buy online.

And before you ask, I am using this to measure my coffee beans to achieve a consistant grind dosage on my espresso machine. This is not for illegal purposes.

Thanks!
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Try walmart, i remember seeing them, or go to home depot and those type of stores, should have them.
TheStreetDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
places that sell hydroponics and places that sell flavored rolling papers and bongs (head shops).
Old 09-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

the corner store on westminister hwy and No 3 rd in richmond has a nice selection of scales. as well, if u need little baggies to put ur coffee beans in them, they have those too LOL
bigrig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanks for the reply, guys.

I read on CoffeeGeek.com where people mentioned "head shops" but I had no idea what they were but at least now I know.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 09-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Hey folks,

I am looking for a digital scale that measures in grams accurate to 0.1g. The scale must be small and can fit in the kitchen counter. I would like to be able to go to a local store to buy this in case I need assistance/warranty. I would prefer not to buy online.

And before you ask, I am using this to measure my coffee beans to achieve a consistant grind dosage on my espresso machine. This is not for illegal purposes.

Thanks!
As much as I hate shopping at Cambodian Tire I am using their Starfrit Kitchen Scale: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

The regular price is $29.99 but if you're not in a real hurry to get it I got mine for $10-$15 on sale. I used to sell a lot of little things on eBay and needed to weigh packages for online shipping so it's perfect for what I needed it for.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Check out xs cargo. They had em pretty cheap that I almost bought one myself
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #8
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

amsterdam cafe. hastings and cambie
mowontech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #9
RS Veteran

try walmart. i bought a kitchen scale from there but i chose the cheapest one. they did have nicer/fancier ones.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
RS Veteran

Thanks for all the replies again.

I did a bit more reading and asking around and it turns out the ones sold at head shop have poor accuracy and cost way more than what I'm willing to pay. Ultimately, I had to order online from CanadianWeigh.com. I know I originally said I would prefer not to buy online but it had to come down to this. I ordered one for $20 but shipping hurt at $12. Regardless, at least I know it is backed by a good warranty and does exactly what I need it to do.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #11

I wouldn't buy it from a head shop either...there's this place across and down the street a bit from Amsterdam Cafe, forgot what's it called, Hard Rock or something, anyways way overpriced, cheap quality, doubt they'd honour any warranty in house either, online was probably the best bet anyways

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #12
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E N D L E S S View Post
I wouldn't buy it from a head shop either...there's this place across and down the street a bit from Amsterdam Cafe, forgot what's it called, Hard Rock or something, anyways way overpriced, cheap quality, doubt they'd honour any warranty in house either, online was probably the best bet anyways
You're right about the scales being sold at head shops. I hope drug dealers aren't using their scales because if they are, they're seriously ripping themselves off.

My scooter mechanic bought one from a local head shop for $150 or so. Supposedly it's good for up to 2Kg and the intent of the scale was to measure the weight of rollers (for CVT transmissions) and for shipping parts etc.

His part-time job is a bioresearch lab tech @ UBC so he's used to medical grade scales. After he purchased this scale from the head shop, he would have to measure the same roller 6 times and each time showed a different weight. The only way he could get an approxmiation was to take the 6 measurements and find an average.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:44 AM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

libra scales lol
kwanzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
As much as I hate shopping at Cambodian Tire I am using their Starfrit Kitchen Scale: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

The regular price is $29.99 but if you're not in a real hurry to get it I got mine for $10-$15 on sale. I used to sell a lot of little things on eBay and needed to weigh packages for online shipping so it's perfect for what I needed it for.
We got this same one... $10.99 on sale. Works great. Metric resolution is only in grams (not 0.1g), but Imperial, it's .01oz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote