REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #26
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
I am not a "noob" and I find the s19 is fine... I fin the boobs jut buy flashy cheap stuff from sportchek
Posted via RS Mobile

cheap noobs buy from sport chek... noobs with money will buy anything that is "new"
Advertisement
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #27
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post

Because of that, I tried the 100 flex S17's but my Sakic is too stiff for my liking. There is little to no flex when I lean into my slappers.
I had the S17 and broke the blade already. Apparently the blade was the weak part of the S17's design.
cdnav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
^ same.. I stuck a new one in the back end and use it for roller now.
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Well, I play D and have probably taken over 500 slap shots between, stick and puck, warm up, and games with my x60 and its still holing up. If you want a "cheaper" decent stick, go to Sport Chek and get a Vapor XXXX
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #30
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
Well, I play D and have probably taken over 500 slap shots between, stick and puck, warm up, and games with my x60 and its still holing up. If you want a "cheaper" decent stick, go to Sport Chek and get a Vapor XXXX
is their sale still on or is it over? i know they got a batch of xxxx's and xxx lites..although iw ould never buy the xxx lite because those blades are as brittle as they come..

the s17 ad s19. both have weakass blades.. even their regular se lines were borderline... easton needs to start making a product that lasts more than 15 days... the st seems ok, but i am never going to try their sticks again unless it is given to me.. although i admit.. their shafts are good and their ops's have great response, they just dont last
Old 09-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #31
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
is their sale still on or is it over? i know they got a batch of xxxx's and xxx lites..although iw ould never buy the xxx lite because those blades are as brittle as they come..

the s17 ad s19. both have weakass blades.. even their regular se lines were borderline... easton needs to start making a product that lasts more than 15 days... the st seems ok, but i am never going to try their sticks again unless it is given to me.. although i admit.. their shafts are good and their ops's have great response, they just dont last
Their ST's are quite a bit more durable than the SE16's and S17/19's from what I've heard from other guys that use them. But I tried playing with an ST and damn they are heavy.

I've seen SE7's and 5's as well as S7 and 5's at Cyclone Taylor and other shops. Don't know how well these compare to the SE16 and S17/19's but for the price I rather pay a little more and get the last year high end sticks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #32

Sport Chek just got more XXXX's. Cyclone Taylors is also selling the '09 Easton ST for 99. Pretty durable stick for the price.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #33
RS Veteran

sweet.. i should check them out.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #34

I'v been using easton for the past 10 years. I have gone through a lot of sticks and even went to the bauer vapor sticks a long time ago. I still have that stick and use it on street hockey now because it sucks.
I used the bubble with a focus flex blade for the longest time and then went through lots of synergy sticks. The SL was the best i'v used for awhile but they were expensive and I went through a few. Now my current stick, which is on its last legs is a pro stock stealth which is awesome. I'v had this stick for over 2 years now playing recreational hockey. Im surprised it lasted this long because I used to go through about 5 sticks a season.
I would like to try a bauer xxxx or one95 if there are some available out there.
The only thing I don't really like changing is the curve.
I liked the shanahan curve, sakic was good, sundin.
I'v tried a few others like drury, lidstrom and forsberg but they didn't work out for me.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:45 AM   #35
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I find it rare to see Sr. sticks with low flex. I definitely don't have the strength to flex most of those Sr. sticks, and not only that,
I usually chop my stick quite short. So I'm probably like using 100 flex sticks or something after I cut them.

Lol, I need something like 50 flex probably. haha
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I find it rare to see Sr. sticks with low flex. I definitely don't have the strength to flex most of those Sr. sticks, and not only that,
I usually chop my stick quite short. So I'm probably like using 100 flex sticks or something after I cut them.

Lol, I need something like 50 flex probably. haha
Get an Intermediate stick then.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #37
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSalesman View Post
Get an Intermediate stick then.
yea definitely do that, if you like your sticks short. you'll save some money and learn how to flex your sticks better

i have one friend who uses a 90 ish flex stick and i just laugh every time he shoots he can't flex it, can't slap shot.

i think as long as you can properly use the flex of the stick then whatever. i personally prefer the stick to bend like a mofo when i take wrist and snap shots. not really a slap shot man, but i can get them to around 55 ish MPH

i also agree about bauer sticks, they do seem a bit flexier than other sticks, like i was flexing some prostock Sedin sticks and they left like 80 flex.

here's a pic of me taking wrist shot with my friends ONE95 cut down to about 82~ flex

you can really see the kick point in this pic.

i"ll post a pic of my x60 once i get my computer back from the shop. i think it bent quite a bit more.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #38

^ your stick looks huge in that picture lol
Old 09-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #39

wtf, is that Charas stick?
Looks super long....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
yea definitely do that, if you like your sticks short. you'll save some money and learn how to flex your sticks better

i have one friend who uses a 90 ish flex stick and i just laugh every time he shoots he can't flex it, can't slap shot.

i think as long as you can properly use the flex of the stick then whatever. i personally prefer the stick to bend like a mofo when i take wrist and snap shots. not really a slap shot man, but i can get them to around 55 ish MPH

i also agree about bauer sticks, they do seem a bit flexier than other sticks, like i was flexing some prostock Sedin sticks and they left like 80 flex.

here's a pic of me taking wrist shot with my friends ONE95 cut down to about 82~ flex

you can really see the kick point in this pic.

i"ll post a pic of my x60 once i get my computer back from the shop. i think it bent quite a bit more.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #40

^ i lol'd
Old 09-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #41

lol my friend's 6', and i'm 5'10" and i'm on shoes, so yea the stick was quite long lol.

but i must admit my sticks are a bit too long, but i can't play with a shorter stick. like my stick's are about 58" measuring knob to heel.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Old 09-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #42

^ 58"??? thats only 5 feet lol, thats pretty short if you're 5'10

I Cut my sticks to just under my nose.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #43
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Their ST's are quite a bit more durable than the SE16's and S17/19's from what I've heard from other guys that use them. But I tried playing with an ST and damn they are heavy.

I've seen SE7's and 5's as well as S7 and 5's at Cyclone Taylor and other shops. Don't know how well these compare to the SE16 and S17/19's but for the price I rather pay a little more and get the last year high end sticks.
i've been using a ST for like 3+ years now ... just waiting for it to break any game now but its holding up
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #44
RS Veteran

most people dont realize that just because their stick is in tact it doesn't necessarily mean they are still good.. eastons baldes are notoriously known for getting "soft" fast.. as fast as maybe a couple of stick and puck sessions even.. not exaggerating, just from experience.

anyways, i like my stick under my chin/ just below, with my skates on. so it is abotu lip level in my shoes. i am going to change from a 4 lie.. back to a 5.5... i find it too easy for the defenders to poke the puck from me when i use a 4 lie and have the puck a bit too in front of me...
Old 09-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #45

People think they're not strong enough for higher flexes, I was one of them. Like i said before I'm 5'9 160ish and use a stick thats at about a 110, with no issues.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #46

Here's the pic of my shooting my own stick, Vapor x60 80~ flex.
compared to that one95, the kick point is much lower, i love this stick.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #47
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post

Here's the pic of my shooting my own stick, Vapor x60 80~ flex.
compared to that one95, the kick point is much lower, i love this stick.
Sorry, I can't telll where the kick point is. I'm not sure what it looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #48
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I concur with easton blades being junk. For wristers they are perfectly capable, but if you do any decent shooting, it wont last. If you squeeze along your blade and hear crunchy noises, its dying or dead. I was a long time easton user, but the one95 changed it all.

One95 and X:60 blades are solid, and the ones i had outlasted the shaft. The feel is different for both with the one95 being much softer feeling/more puck feel. Being a snap/slap guy, I will choose Bauer from now on until Easton can fix their blades.

Warrior also have great blades, but their shaft tech never performed as well for me.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by matter View Post
I concur with easton blades being junk. For wristers they are perfectly capable, but if you do any decent shooting, it wont last. If you squeeze along your blade and hear crunchy noises, its dying or dead. I was a long time easton user, but the one95 changed it all.

One95 and X:60 blades are solid, and the ones i had outlasted the shaft. The feel is different for both with the one95 being much softer feeling/more puck feel. Being a snap/slap guy, I will choose Bauer from now on until Easton can fix their blades.

Warrior also have great blades, but their shaft tech never performed as well for me.
I can't wait to see how the Total One is going to perform, i haven't heard much about it yet, maybe i'll check for some reviews.

and i dont know what it is about my Dolomyte but i think it's the blade, snap/slap and wrist shots just dont come off as good as my x60.

Quote:
Sorry, I can't telll where the kick point is. I'm not sure what it looks like.
basically the kick point is where it bends, and in the pic you quoted it's bending lower, which gives the wrist shot a bit more mustard.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
Old 09-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #50
RS Veteran

i cant wait for the totalone, so the one95s will be cheaper!