REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #51
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
^ 58"??? thats only 5 feet lol, thats pretty short if you're 5'10

I Cut my sticks to just under my nose.

58" knob to heel, not knob to floor.
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #52
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
ohhh ok. makes sense now... sorry but I've never measured my sticks....
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #53
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
ohhh ok. makes sense now... sorry but I've never measured my sticks....
is that on street shoes or skates? my sticks are like under my eyes in shoes and between my lips on skates.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:32 AM   #54
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
I can't wait to see how the Total One is going to perform, i haven't heard much about it yet, maybe i'll check for some reviews.
TotalOne will be like a mix of the One95 and X:60. The quality of blade and the shot/kickpoint will be like the one95 and weight/balance of an x60.

It'll be a good combo. If you like either of those sticks, you'll like the Totalone
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #55
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
is that on street shoes or skates? my sticks are like under my eyes in shoes and between my lips on skates.
willie mithchell styles eh?' POKE POKE..
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #56
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
my sticks are like under my eyes in shoes and between my lips on skates.
Giggidy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #57

My BASE Hockey stick finally arrived and I'm super eager to take it for a spin tonight.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #58
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
My BASE Hockey stick finally arrived and I'm super eager to take it for a spin tonight.
Apparently these sticks are frickin' awesome! Passes stick to the blade with no bounce. How much did it cost you? I've been meaning to go check out Cliff's facility.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemo View Post
Apparently these sticks are frickin' awesome! Passes stick to the blade with no bounce. How much did it cost you? I've been meaning to go check out Cliff's facility.
They're $149.99 for a Senior if you buy one, the more you buy the better price you'll get.

Just make sure you call and book an appointment if you plan to head down there, there's no drop ins. They're doing all day fittings on the weekends (but it's a shit show because that's when all the kids go) and 4pm-8pm on most of the weekdays.

Here's a pic showing everything but the name bar pretty much.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #60
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

wow
just looked them up
thats some pretty cool stuff

how long did it take for you to get your stick?
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #61

Its really hit or miss. Supposed to be 5-7 business days but they didn't have the shaft component needed to make my stick and it got held up in customs (shipped from mexico) so it was 3-4 weeks before I finally saw it.
Posted via RS Mobile
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:20 PM   #62
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

shipping included in the 150 price?
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #63

Extra if you want it shipped to your house. No additional charges if you pick it up at their facility just off Lougheed Hwy and Lake City Way.

I used it tonight and I like it. As with any piece of gear there are Pros and Cons. I think the biggest difference about this stick vs the competition is how soft the puck feels when giving/receiving passes. But since it feels softer, you don't get the same 'pop' like you would on a Warrior when shooting.

If you're in the market for a new stick I'd highly consider it, especially with all the options you have choose from. The price is good too and it comes with the standard 30 day warranty. Shooting pucks with former NHLers Cliff Ronning and Al Iafrate is also a bonus = )
Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #64

did you get to use that high speed camera to watch yourself shoot in slow-mo?

what curve/flex did you get? sucks they locked the base thread on msh
Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #65

Yeah the high speed cameras are a part of your fitting.

I was using my 85 flex Dolomite cut down so it felt like it was 95-100 flex. Looking at the footage Cliff said the stick is way too stiff for me. I kept stepping down flexes during the fitting and they had me at 65 flex for one point. The stick felt way too whippy and they pointed that out after the first couple of shots with that stick.

I ended up getting a 75 flex BM12 (Iginla clone), cut down feels about 80 or so, but I think for the next stick I order it's going to be their Hossa with the big toe curve. They didn't have it when I was ordering my stick otherwise I would've gotten that instead. I shot around with it when I went down a second time to pick up my stick and really liked that pattern.

As for MSH I'm pretty sure the mods there just have something against one of the guys at BASE and they're just looking for any excuse to close threads about them.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #66
RS Veteran

how did you guys even come across this brand? i never heard of it and can only find limited stuff on heir official website
Old 09-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #67

Quote:
Yeah the high speed cameras are a part of your fitting.

I was using my 85 flex Dolomite cut down so it felt like it was 95-100 flex. Looking at the footage Cliff said the stick is way too stiff for me. I kept stepping down flexes during the fitting and they had me at 65 flex for one point. The stick felt way too whippy and they pointed that out after the first couple of shots with that stick.

I ended up getting a 75 flex BM12 (Iginla clone), cut down feels about 80 or so, but I think for the next stick I order it's going to be their Hossa with the big toe curve. They didn't have it when I was ordering my stick otherwise I would've gotten that instead. I shot around with it when I went down a second time to pick up my stick and really liked that pattern.

As for MSH I'm pretty sure the mods there just have something against one of the guys at BASE and they're just looking for any excuse to close threads about them.
Did you get to keep the videos? That would be pretty sweet to see. Find any flaws in your shooting technique? haha
Old 09-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
how did you guys even come across this brand? i never heard of it and can only find limited stuff on heir official website
modsquadhockey.com is a great source for hockey equipment. pretty much everything new is reported there for months before it hits retail.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #69
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
modsquadhockey.com is a great source for hockey equipment. pretty much everything new is reported there for months before it hits retail.
i go there but mainly to browse the show it off thread lol... base website seems pretty limited... maybe ill go and check out their place since i live a few mins away
Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
There was a post in the "Gear Sightings" thread on MSH with Jordan Weal of the LA Kings using a Base stick. I didn't think too much of it then.

One day in July Cliff Ronning came into my work to buy some stuff and we started talking about hockey gear because I knew he was a Pro Rep for Warrior before. He brings up BASE, and being the huge gear whore I am, he started showing me the prototypes he had in his car and invited me down to the facility for a free fitting session a few weeks later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
Did you get to keep the videos? That would be pretty sweet to see. Find any flaws in your shooting technique? haha

They burned me a CD. You never know what bad habits you pick up until you watch yourself on film. For my wristers I wasn't loading the puck up far back enough and for snap shots I was shooting with the blade more open than I should have.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #71
RS Veteran

are all these fittings free in promoting their new stick?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #72

No, their promo (fitting fee applied towards purchase of stick) was only during the first week (Labour Day Weekend.)

Edit: Off topic, but anybody want a beater original Synergy for dirt cheap? = D

Last edited by mickz; 09-25-2010 at 10:36 PM.
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:20 AM   #73

I found that tps is the whippiest of most sticks. for anyone who isnt heavy and wants a good flexible stick, should look into them. I have the tps r2 armour, was so happy with it, i went on ebay and bought 2 new shafts for $80 shipped to my door, which was a good thing cause 2 weeks later, i broke the original one i got from hockey shop. i use the whip flex and it is cut down, so prob is a reg flex now. im 5'5 150 and i clocked my slapshot with this stick to high 70's(i think it was 77mph), albeit with a roller puck.

heres a pic my buddy took during a vihl game..not too shabby of a flex considering my height and weight.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
They're $149.99 for a Senior if you buy one, the more you buy the better price you'll get.

Just make sure you call and book an appointment if you plan to head down there, there's no drop ins. They're doing all day fittings on the weekends (but it's a shit show because that's when all the kids go) and 4pm-8pm on most of the weekdays.

Here's a pic showing everything but the name bar pretty much.

do they do ops only or can they do shafts?
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #74
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
No, their promo (fitting fee applied towards purchase of stick) was only during the first week (Labour Day Weekend.)

Edit: Off topic, but anybody want a beater original Synergy for dirt cheap? = D
some questions if you dont mind

how's the kick point? or do you have a choice in mid or low?

how's the weight?

are there any more graphics?

i'm thinking of getting a 2 piece x60 so i might do this instead.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post

do they do ops only or can they do shafts?
They only make OPS.

Quote:
some questions if you dont mind

how's the kick point? or do you have a choice in mid or low?

how's the weight?

are there any more graphics?

i'm thinking of getting a 2 piece x60 so i might do this instead.

No choice in kick points. Stick feels like it's a mid-kick.

Weight, I haven't put it on a scale or anything but it feels a tad heavier than my Dolomites and ONE95. BASE also offers a slightly heavier stick (thicker shaft walls) so it's kind of like their version of the Easton ST.

There's only one graphics package.

I think it'll depend on what type of player you are. The Savoy Special has a softer blade and makes it more ideal for passing but I like the 'pop' feeling I get from stiffer blades like the Dolomite. I pass more than I shoot so I'm sticking with the Savoy for now.