REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Pillows Help (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624350-pillows-help.html)

Santofu 09-08-2010 06:34 PM

Pillows Help

I searched before I made this topic, however I didn't find any answers.

I'm looking for COMFORTABLE pillows for side sleepers. I never tried out Ikea pillows though. However please give out stores names you may suggest me to try out some pillows.

OH P.S.
I'm looking for nice colourful-ish blanket cover with pillow cases as well.

bcrdukes 09-08-2010 07:28 PM

Don't try the Ikea pillows. I literally just returned one. The rep who processed my refund transaction mentioned a lot were coming back. I got one for my lady friend and while she already has a bad neck, the Ikea pillow made it worse. It was uncomfortable and wouldn't form correctly.

woob 09-08-2010 08:12 PM

I love my buckwheat-filled pillow. You can form them to any head/neck shape and they really support my neck. They are pretty firm/leaning toward hard, but that's how I like my pillows.

hamsup 09-09-2010 10:29 AM

the best pillow i've tried was this one from sleep country... it basically made me want to sleep ASAP !!!

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 09-09-2010 11:14 AM

pretty much all pillows feel comfy to me at first =/ i had bad neck pains from an old, flattened down pillow...so i started sleeping without one. my neck still hurt but it was better. i bought a new obus forme pillow... thought it was be so comfy because it was so fluffy but turns out it was too fluffy for me. so i've been sleeping without a pillow for a few months now and no neck pain at all.

i've seen nice sheet/duvet sets at bed bath and beyond, and home outfitters. zellers/sears isn't too bad either. depends on the style and price range you're after.

TRDood 09-09-2010 12:44 PM

i like my side-sleeper Ikea pillow. it is super fluffy and it was $70. have been using it for almost a year now, and the pains on my back and shoulder rarely comes back.

i think it has a lot to do with your mattress too.

bcrdukes 09-09-2010 03:10 PM

^
I think they changed the materials used in the recent Ikea pillows. The one we got was stiff and had this funny synthetic smell and feel to it.

Santofu 09-10-2010 06:54 PM

You guys haven't wrote any brands to recommended.

However I'll check out home outfitter and bed bath & beyond to check out the duvet set and pillows. Thanks!

Please leave suggestions! Thanks :D

m3thods 09-10-2010 09:25 PM

I second the side sleeper pillow from Sleep Country. I have two which I purchased with my bed and will buy another two to replace them in a year.

As for duvet covers, I recently shopped around for new sheets/duvet covers. I got my sheets from Home Outfitters (500 count cotton) for around 100 after a 20% off coupon (the ones you get in the mail from time to time).

I actually got my duvet cover from the linens store near the Metrotown food court (across the Sheffields/Kernels, a few stores down from the Blacks Camera on the upper level). They have very reasonable prices for both duvets and covers (and sheets). You should check them out before buying :thumbsup:

murd0c 09-11-2010 10:24 PM

I'm a expensinve pillow kinda guy. I can only sleep on all Down pillows and I get them at Dania down. My last one was $130 or something like that. It's so easy to bunch up under your head and its great. Thats all I have ever slept with.

Santofu 09-11-2010 10:43 PM

^ You don't mind about the price at all? Are they actually feel more comfortable than comfy pillows?

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 7100008)
I second the side sleeper pillow from Sleep Country. I have two which I purchased with my bed and will buy another two to replace them in a year.

How long do they last for?

murd0c 09-11-2010 11:09 PM

I have had about 6+ pillows like that from Dania Down. Yes its a lot of cash but I'm the type of sleeper who liked to bunch his pillow up in a ball and sleep that way. I even bought the g/f a pillow and got her hooked on it.

Honestly it's a lot of cash but once you sleep on it it's worth it. and yes a full 100% down pillow is that comfy and awesome to sleep on.

Nvasion 09-12-2010 01:48 AM

i went to sleepshop and got 3 pillows for 80-90 each... their allright but i think my 40 dollar ikea one was far better!

Santofu 09-15-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7101231)
I have had about 6+ pillows like that from Dania Down. Yes its a lot of cash but I'm the type of sleeper who liked to bunch his pillow up in a ball and sleep that way. I even bought the g/f a pillow and got her hooked on it.

Honestly it's a lot of cash but once you sleep on it it's worth it. and yes a full 100% down pillow is that comfy and awesome to sleep on.

Which pillows did you get? I'm more like a side sleeper but i wake up on my back.

I'm still looking for the suggestions! Please help!
I need to look for pillows and my currently pillows are giving me neckpains after i got my new mattress.

Gumby 09-20-2010 01:35 PM

Not a pillow recommendation, but a word of warning - some stores don't allow returns on pillows, so make sure you're aware of that before paying!

Girl 09-21-2010 04:06 PM

Your 411 on pillows:

http://www.slumberslumber.com/inform...ght-pillow/70/

Ulic Qel-Droma 09-22-2010 03:36 PM

fuckin 100% down.

TOPEC 09-26-2010 08:03 PM

http://www.sleepinnovations.com/Pillows.html#contour

bought the "memory foam contour pillow" from costco a few months back, it's pretty dam good for the price, got one from the states for $19.99USD then discovered it was available here as well for $21.99CAD