REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Custom Orthotics??? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624961-custom-orthotics.html)

ezol 09-15-2010 03:20 PM

Custom Orthotics???

Any recommendation who I should go to for custom orthotics?

Anyone have them... Does it help?

Thanks

Girl 09-21-2010 04:10 PM

Custom orthotics are prescribed to people that need it. Usually with people with flat feet. The more walk around with improper footwear, the worse it'll get and it can lead to heel pain, foot pain, inflammation, alignment problems with your spine and other problems. You might find your custom orthotics feel funny in the beginning, but they shouldn't feel uncomfortable.

I'm assuming you have pain somewhere?

suzuka84 10-06-2010 05:29 PM

paris orthodics

twitchyzero 01-17-2012 11:45 AM

bump
i've been running for regularly for the past 8 months
i tried high end running shoes but i still get pain in the midsoles...the soreness goes away immediately after i stop running

went to the doc and apparently i have slight overpronation...i am just wondering if anyone in the same boat ended up opting for custom orthotics or just chose shoes with overpronation support? I have insurance that covers orthotics.

freakshow 01-17-2012 12:04 PM

go with orthotics if you're covered for it.

and go with paris orthotics

Gumby 01-19-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakshow (Post 7764535)
go with orthotics if you're covered for it.

and go with paris orthotics

I agree 100%

I have severe overpronation and I got two sets of orthotics (1 hardcore pair for runners, and another slightly toned-down version for dress shoes). Thank goodness for insurance!

Both pairs were done at Paris Orthotics.

ilvtofu 01-19-2012 01:59 PM

If you need them they will help, I got some for my flat feet many years ago, I had flat feet my entire childhood and my mom made fun of how when I walked barefoot in the kitchen it was like "duck's feet". The orthotics fixed my feet in a year or two, I don't remember.

Got it done at an asian store in crystal mall

Philly74 01-22-2012 09:00 PM

Had mine done with Paris Orthotics. Good people and very helpful. If you have medical plan at work, use it.

BillyBishop 01-27-2012 11:42 PM

I have flat feet and didn't get my orthotics until last summer. I endured the pain for years, not knowing that it was actually my feet. I ran long-distance (~10km per day) and did lots of marching while I was in Cadets.

Got mine from Ossur in Richmond and am very happy with them.

My family doctor advised me to stay away from places like Happy Feet under Superstore on #3 because they get your mold by pressing your foot into foam. I had a plaster mold made at Ossur. My mom recently got her pair from somewhere else that uses the foam method; she hasn't started wearing them yet so I don't know how they've turned out.

Senna4ever 01-28-2012 12:22 AM

Yup. Paris Orthotics on 4th & Fir.

invader 01-28-2012 12:35 AM

Had a custom pair made "Foam method" from my chiropractor.
Paid over $400 out of my pocket, poor quality. One year later they lost their rigidity and shape.

the_law82 01-28-2012 01:24 PM

Got mine made by my chiropractor as well for $400. He used the plaster method and mentioned that the foam method is not good because you are pressing your flat foot into it and not the proper arch. So far, so good.

twitchyzero 01-28-2012 01:48 PM

i ended up getting pair of insoles...apparently my case of pronation is very minor and insoles + stretching the plantar fascia should eliminate any pains
i ended up going to kintec...great service...their free gait analysis was surprisingly in depth

spoon.ek9 01-28-2012 05:56 PM

i had a pair of orthotics from Kintec before... they were poorly made and didn't last more than a year.

the current ones i use are made thru my chiropractor. instead of foam or plaster, you walk across an electronic pad and it measures your arch and pressure points. using that info, the proper design for your foot is made to spec. these also cost $400 and last me about 2-3 years of daily use. even without insurance, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase these again.

Majestic12 02-04-2012 09:54 AM

I've used them before as well. You can get them covered by insurance, if they're a medical necessity too.

But yeah, the custom ones are way better than the crappy Dr. Scholl's crap you get at Shoppers. I guess that's to be expected though, since they cost like, 30 times more. Haha.

etodac 11-29-2014 11:21 AM

Bump

Anyone have recommendations for Richmond or Burnaby? Looking for custom insoles and/or shoes. Particularly if the custom shoes they make are a bit more stylish and not clog-like. Thanks!

kross9 11-29-2014 05:47 PM

I would recomend Kintec, a bit more pricey $50-100 more but they have a wider range of material to be made from.
Plus good staff and from the three customs ive had they had the best testing

Kintec - Footwear, Custom Orthotics, Bracing - Vancouver, Richmond, Langley, Surrey, North Vancouver, Maple Ridge, Abbotsford, UBC Hospital