REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Just another one of those situations

Pretty typical situation...

So I was waiting in line to get into a movie... and saw the girl that I'm kinda crazy about with another guy.
It's not like they explicitly did anything, but if I was going to chance a guess.. they were probably going out.

The shitty thing is that I was definitely going to ask her out in the next couple of days... now I just don't know.

Here comes the stupid question...:

What do you think I should do?

king23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
How I Mod your mother

I think you should ask anyways. You've got nothing to lose
Posted via RS Mobile
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
You would have asked her out anyways right? Pretend you didn't see what you saw and follow thru.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Yeah. I guess so. Thanks guys.

She did turn this one guy down like 12 freakin times I think?

Can't get any worse than that...just askin' her once.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

this one is a no brainer. one, don't mention the guy. two, if it gets brought up act as if it didn't get to you.

in a calm voice over the phone, don't be a wimp and text. hear her voice, for any slight hesitation etc. anyways:

"hey how's it going?"
her: blah blah blah, just at work blah blah
"nice(don't say good) seeing you, what movie did you and your bf end up watching?" <-ask this, you have to. it's indirectly asking if they're together,
her: the town, it was alright blah blah. it was it was nice seeing you too!!! whats up? how are you? =)
"so how loyal are you to your boyfriend?" <- simply joke around, say this in the right voice.
her: hey LOL, don't say that! don't make me tell him!!
"haha, i'm just messing around. do you tell him absolutely everything?"
her: yes i do, he's my boyfriend and i love him. <- zZZzzZZzZZzzz, idfc
"must sound like a broken record, haha" <- the killer
"anyways i'm doing great(even if you're not dont give off shitty vibes and say life sucks), thanks. anyways maybe when you decide to drop your boyfriend give me a shout. see you around"

shows complete confidence, shows you're in no rush therefore you have self-control, and challenge. you're not being an asshole by saying this, you're only being an asshole when you keep pressuring her even though she has a boyfriend and already implied NO.

you should've said "hey" when you saw her, just to show that seeing her with him didn't get to you. then go back talking to your friend/buddy. man up, she's not your girlfriend so you cant be poutting. don't give any stupid ultimatums though because that shit does not work.

find out if that really is the boyfriend though, you don't want to boost a girls confidence up by asking her out while she's alreaady dating someone. nothings more annoying than a girl that thinks she's the fucking shit, when she's like 6-7/10.

call her on a sunday - thursday. friday - saturday you're busy, idc if you're jacking off and playing wow. she doesn't need to know specifics. sunday - thursday, call after 5/6. don't want to catch her at work.

if you keep chasing her while she's with him, depending on your game i think you'll probably end up in friendzone so keep communication to a very minimum.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.

Last edited by v.Rossi; 09-26-2010 at 12:54 PM.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.Rossi View Post
you should've said "hey" when you saw her, just to show that seeing her with him didn't get to you. then go back talking to your friend/buddy. man up, she's not your girlfriend so you cant be poutting. don't give any stupid ultimatums though because that shit does not work.

find out if that really is the boyfriend though, you don't want to boost a girls confidence up by asking her out while she's alreaady dating someone. nothings more annoying than a girl that thinks she's the fucking shit, when she's like 6-7/10.

if you keep chasing her while she's with him, depending on your game i think you'll probably end up in friendzone so keep communication to a very
minimum.
Good stuff..

Yeah. I realize now that I fucked up.
Should have at least said something when I saw her. I think I was visibly a little rattled. I just turned my attention back onto friend after I waved.

Abt finding out if she really has a boyfriend...
We do work with each other, so what's the risk on asking some of the co-workers that are a bit closer to her?

Good idea or am I shooting myself in the foot?
Old 09-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #7
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

co-workers talk, you ask them they'll tell her. one of them will always tell her, then she'll know that she's on your mind even when she's not with you... which is most definately not the objective.

realize that if you like her and work with her, it can be a hit or miss. you can fuck it up, fuck up the friendship and have it completely awkward afterwards or it could just be neutral. but it'll never be the same.

can you handle rejection while working with the rejector? some can, some can't. i say leave work, strictly business & professional. i don't care if you're flipping burgers, you're getting paid to flip burgers not to mack on co-workers. balance the thinking with the head on your shoulder and the other head. of course, flirt here and there. no harm, no foul.

don't ask a female co-worker/friend for advice either, that'll just give you the runaround. asking a female about another female will be a complete dud. they don't even understand each other.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
^
This guy has it all figured out!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
I think you should ask anyways. You've got nothing to lose
Posted via RS Mobile
I agree, the dude she was with could have been her gay friend. Just sayin'
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Damn, vRossi is the man.
Posted via RS Mobile
TomBox_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #11
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

man up and ask away ...

ask = 50 / 50

not ask = 100% no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
This also teaches you that if you want something then go for it. I have no idea why you didn't ask earlier. That said, you are assuming she is going out with this guy so just go for it the worst thing that can happen is she said no. That way you have no regrets and don't need to come back onto RS stating what if? Good luck homie!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #13
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

ask her to a the movie you saw her at.
Kingcong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

lol Damn V.Rossi, as much as I hate to admit it, that shit works. It's flirting without crossing any lines and definitely shows that the guy is interested with confidence, not desperate with lust. Well played. Well played.
unperfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:49 AM   #15
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
The OP needs to update this thread

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote