REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Buried (https://www.revscene.net/forums/626020-buried.html)

AzNightmare 09-27-2010 06:04 AM

Buried

Staring Ryan Reynolds...

"Paul is a U.S. contractor working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin.
With only a lighter and a cell phone it's a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap."

I just heard about this movie a few days ago and looked it up.
Seems interesting. Simple plot. Reminds me of Phonebooth, but it looks like
they took it to an even higher level. Even less setting.

The trailer didn't even show any scenes. I think there are very minimal scenes,
I heard the whole movie was filmed inside a coffin.

The reviews so far says it's pretty good... but even if this doesn't turn out too good...
I'm curious how did the director pull off an entire movie with just one setting. It's 95min long.

Who plans on watching it??

b0unce. [?] 09-28-2010 10:25 PM

I heard this movie got pretty good reviews. I can't find any theaters here that's showing it.

AzNightmare 09-29-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 7124444)
I heard this movie got pretty good reviews. I can't find any theaters here that's showing it.

I don't think it's out yet in Canada.
USA release date is Oct 8. Probably the same for Canada.

NimbeeTT 09-29-2010 10:18 AM

I plan on seeing this. Apparently it was filmed in just 2 weeks, low budget too.

- kT 01-22-2011 12:01 AM

bump, i just watched this movie, any of you guys watch it?

i don't think it ever came out in theatres here, i could be wrong though
downloaded it and just got the chance to watch it tonight

Spoiler!

b0unce. [?] 01-22-2011 12:20 AM

it was in theaters here. i watched it at the Ridge Theater, i believe it's on arbutus or something. had to watch it again once it was online. i thought it was an amazing movie :D

- kT 01-22-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 7274834)
it was in theaters here. i watched it at the Ridge Theater, i believe it's on arbutus or something. had to watch it again once it was online. i thought it was an amazing movie :D

woops sorry, i meant big theatres like cineplex ones! i know the theatre at the SUB had it too

Spoiler!

6793026 01-22-2011 09:35 AM

The movie was OK, was it worth the money watching it on the big screen, HELLS NO.

yeah, it was a movie Ryan had to thijnk about doing cause he'll be spending it in a box the entire time. I didn't think it was that freaking good at all. it's a different concept, it had it's OK moments.

there was no acting... there was no interaction face to face with anyone
story was ok... you get bored after a while cause there ain't no crazy scenery to look at... etc.....

it wasn't bad, but not worth my money to watch in the theatres.

twitchyzero 02-11-2011 10:53 PM

bump
just saw this
i really like it..i dont think ive seen a film with one actor lol
felt so clausterphobic watching it so it's great.
Spoiler!

FerrariEnzo 02-11-2011 11:46 PM

its pretty good how they made an entire movie with just 1 scenario...

SiRV 02-12-2011 11:15 AM

Ending was epic... Micheal White ?!

DanHibiki 07-12-2012 05:58 PM

bump old thread. just watched it. sad ending. it was like insult to injury. he already accepted his fate then they give him this glimpse of hope saying they are on their way only to arrive at the wrong one. ouch. on top of that it was mark white, which just proved he was right about them lying and all. damn double ouch :(