REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #26
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
I have seen this done at lots of restaurants. I don't know if Joey's does it or not, but lots of times in a group, if everyone ordered Ice Tea, they just give the pitcher so they don't have to keep refilling everyone's glass constantly; they just refill a pitcher. It's very possible it was just ice tea.
Usually restaurants like Joey's give out straws for Iced Tea.

Never have I seen straws given out for beer.

I think it's still pretty easy to differentiate between the two.
Advertisement
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post

True, didn't think of that.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Even my computer programming job has a code of conduct that includes no drinking while working, including at lunch. Doesn't stop me from having a beer on Fridays though.

I understand the OPs concern, yet 1 pitcher between 3 dudes is fine. A typical pitcher pours 4 glasses of beer, and one beer isn't going to affect most people.

So while these officers should not have done that, unless they were sitting around having a few pitchers I would turn a blind eye, like I hope my employer turns a blind eye.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Even my computer programming job has a code of conduct that includes no drinking while working, including at lunch. Doesn't stop me from having a beer on Fridays though.

I understand the OPs concern, yet 1 pitcher between 3 dudes is fine. A typical pitcher pours 4 glasses of beer, and one beer isn't going to affect most people.

So while these officers should not have done that, unless they were sitting around having a few pitchers I would turn a blind eye, like I hope my employer turns a blind eye.
Right... some nerd writing code is the same thing as a Law Enforcement Officer... Are you for real dude? You're such a police dick rider it's not even funny. If someone in here came and cried that they got their license pulled for driving after one beer, you'd be shitting all over them, but since it's your best friends the PoPo, one beer is ok, right??
bengy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #30
I don't get it

Quote:

Well I am not exactly sure it was just 1 pitcher. When we left they were still there. They may have ordered more? They may have not? I don't know.
ali36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:39 PM   #31
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
OP, are you sure these were cops? I know there are a lot of other uniforms/people dressed up for odd reasons that look like cops. As far as the cars, is there anyplace near the restaurant that the operators of those cars could have been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post

Unless you're like me, and prefer not to use the straw, and thus remove it from the drink.

Quote:
I've tried to do some coding while drunk...oh man what a mess...
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #32
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
I am not going to judge and assume but thre are a few protocols... drinking a pitcher and smoking a cigarette is human nature, but it's something that is rarely done when a cop is wearing a uniform due to a public image they have to go by.

You ever see a cop with an unbuttoned shirt? u ever seen a cop car being dirty? it's all public image.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali36 View Post
Well I am not exactly sure it was just 1 pitcher. When we left they were still there. They may have ordered more? They may have not? I don't know.
You don't know, yet you're willing to sell them down the river.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengy View Post
Right... some nerd writing code is the same thing as a Law Enforcement Officer... Are you for real dude? You're such a police dick rider it's not even funny. If someone in here came and cried that they got their license pulled for driving after one beer, you'd be shitting all over them, but since it's your best friends the PoPo, one beer is ok, right??
If someone got their license pulled after having one beer they would be 100 lbs female, chugged it, and was pulled over within 5 mins. There are many BAC calculators online if you don't believe me.

If someone cried for being charged after 1 beer I would tell them they are lying about having 1 beer.

As a 225 lb male I can have 3 beers within 30 mins and still not even blow into the warning area of 0.05-0.08.

Save the crap for OT, if you want to debate here bring facts or examples. The only fact is that officers drinking is against their code of conduct and it has already been stated.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I've tried to do some coding while drunk...oh man what a mess...
I used to do my assignments on Fri nights while pre-drinking. I'm surprised I did so well at university. My previous manager and I would make prototypes while drinking in hotel bars on business trips. Good times.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
If someone cried for being charged after 1 beer I would tell them they are lying about having 1 beer.
Kinda depends on how big "1 beer" is, too - are we talking a can, or a stein, or somewhere in between?

Anyone catch the segment on NW yesterday where they had three volunteers drinking and eating (like they might at a pub after work) and then testing on the breathalyzer? The cop they talked to beforehand pointed out that in some restaurants "a glass" of wine could be upward of 9oz, while only 3oz of wine has the same alcohol content as an 8oz beer or 2oz of hard liquor... in short, "one glass of wine" was really the equivalent of what is considered "three drinks" and would definitely produce a reading over 0.05.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #37
I don't get it

Quote:
You don't know, yet you're willing to sell them down the river.
How am I selling them down the river? Lol Im just saying I saw them order a drink. Im not saying I didnt no if it was beer or not Im saying I didnt no how many pitchers was ordered.
ali36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Kinda depends on how big "1 beer" is, too - are we talking a can, or a stein, or somewhere in between?

Anyone catch the segment on NW yesterday where they had three volunteers drinking and eating (like they might at a pub after work) and then testing on the breathalyzer? The cop they talked to beforehand pointed out that in some restaurants "a glass" of wine could be upward of 9oz, while only 3oz of wine has the same alcohol content as an 8oz beer or 2oz of hard liquor... in short, "one glass of wine" was really the equivalent of what is considered "three drinks" and would definitely produce a reading over 0.05.
It also depends if it is good strong Canadian beer, or weak ass American beer.

Most restaurants list the sizes of the drinks, and charge accordingly. You won't mistakenly order a 9oz glass of wine expecting a 3 oz
Old 09-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #39
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

??

Last edited by skidmark; 10-01-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Did not contribute to thread.
PMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #40

^
Quote:
Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #41
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
It also depends if it is good strong Canadian beer, or weak ass American beer.

Most restaurants list the sizes of the drinks, and charge accordingly. You won't mistakenly order a 9oz glass of wine expecting a 3 oz
Canadian beer is not strong.

Here it's an average of 5%, but we still have "Light" versions of our beer at 3.5%.

In Poland for example, they have "Regular" (5.5-6.5%) and "Strong" (6.5-8%). No such thing as "Light"
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #42

In Soviet Poland, beer drinks you!
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #43
I bringith the lowerballerith

aint got nothing on colt 45 bitches.... lol

maybe it was non-alcoholic beer? no one mentioned that...
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
aint got nothing on colt 45 bitches.... lol

maybe it was non-alcoholic beer? no one mentioned that...
They don't serve non-alcoholic beer in restaurants.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #45

yeap come to think of it they wouldnt have non-alco on tap.... my bad lol
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #46
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
^
why because it's true?

A police officer has a duty to serve and protect, I don't care if it's 3 pitchers or 1 pitcher. A beer is a beer, take that beer fast and you will feel it.

Taylor192 loves to bash people when it comes to the law, but when it's flipped around he's there defending them.

I don't want to know some "slighty buzzed" cop is coming to save me.
Maybe next time we should all have a few beers and drive and see what happens to us.
PMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #47
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
This thread has gotten rediculous.

IF the original poster was correct and what he saw were officers in uniform drinking beer, then we have a right to be upset. There are no excuses here.

That being said, the likelyhood that THREE officers who think going out for drinks in uniform is a good idea, and would actually do so is slim to none.

I'm willing to bet that the OP was wrong in his assumption that these guys were actually police officers.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCR View Post
Taylor192 loves to bash people when it comes to the law, but when it's flipped around he's there defending them.
What's your point?

I've pointed out that officers don't tend to ticket for 0-20 over, they use discretion. That same discretion can be applied here. If someone is driving 40+ over the limit, they are dumb. If an officer is pounding back beer after beer, the officer is dumb.

Quote:
A police officer has a duty to serve and protect, I don't care if it's 3 pitchers or 1 pitcher. A beer is a beer, take that beer fast and you will feel it.

I don't want to know some "slighty buzzed" cop is coming to save me.
30 mins after having 1 beer, the average 150 lb male would have a BAC of 0.014. You can argue that is "slightly buzzed", and I can argue you should get a ticket for 1 kmph over the limit. Or we can agree that discretion and common sense are much better.

Quote:
Maybe next time we should all have a few beers and drive and see what happens to us.
Go ahead, I already pointed out I drink at Friday lunches, and can have 3 beers in 30 mins without blowing a warn.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
If someone got their license pulled after having one beer they would be 100 lbs female, chugged it, and was pulled over within 5 mins. There are many BAC calculators online if you don't believe me.

As a 225 lb male I can have 3 beers within 30 mins and still not even blow into the warning area of 0.05-0.08. Are you speaking from experience? Is this a FACT? Have you had 3 beers in 30 minutes and then had to blow into a breathalyzer at a Road Block and didn't blow over 0.05?? Oh wait, you're just a police dick-riding-along troll, who got banned off BCSB for that same reason. Making shit up as you go along. I guess they haven't banned you on here for the entertainment value.

Save the crap for OT, if you want to debate here bring facts or examples. The only fact is that officers drinking is against their code of conduct and it has already been stated.
Facts? You got any? We're talking about officers drinking while on duty. You are supporting the idea of an officer drinking while in uniform, when clearly, one beer is too many. It really doesn't matter how it affects them.
bengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #50
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Are you speaking from experience? Is this a FACT? Have you had 3 beers in 30 minutes and then had to blow into a breathalyzer at a Road Block and didn't blow over 0.05?? Oh wait, you're just a police dick-riding-along troll, who got banned off BCSB for that same reason. Making shit up as you go along. I guess they haven't banned you on here for the entertainment value.
I've had 5 drinks in an hour and blown a 0.031. The police used to be proactive in my small town, they'd sit outside the one and only pub and let people voluntarily take the breathalyzer to see if they should drive home. Take that as one of the many examples of why I support the police and think they do good work.

I've been banned from RS too, yet unbanned cause I back my attitude up with information. I haven't asked to be unbanned from BC Stupid Bikes, cause there's just no point, the members are less educated and more willing to resort to insults than here.
Quote:
Facts? You got any? We're talking about officers drinking while on duty. You are supporting the idea of an officer drinking while in uniform, when clearly, one beer is too many. It really doesn't matter how it affects them.
1 kmph over is a speeding ticket. Discretion works both ways.

Technically you are correct, one beer is against their code of conduct. Feel free to report them if you see officers drinking.

I've been pulled over more times than I can count and only have 2 tickets to show for it. Officers have provided me lots of discretion, I have no problem returning the favour.