REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
help: body damage with icbc

so i have a claim on my car from a hit and run on my driver door its going to be the usual 300$ but i had previous dmg on my rear quarter panel

i took it to a body shop and they told me the adjuster is stupid because he didnt put blend all the way so if i get door done i will have to get quarter panel done at the same time but it wont be on the same claim =| any experience with this?? will i be able to get it put on same claim??
Advertisement
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

ICBC doesn't usually pay to cover up old / unrelated damage. The body shop in question is half right... To do the job properly, the color should be blended along the side and into the quarter panel, However, if ICBC has noted old / unrelated damage on the adjacent panels you're somewhat stuck.

I'd suggest to shop around and see what other shops say. Given the nature of the industry right now, I'm sure there is a shop out there that would be more than willing to help you out - They can't bill ICBC for the blend as this would constitue fraud, however, they should be able to find some wiggle room to help you.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
This brings up a question I have. I put a fairly large dent in my tailgate from improper trailering. If I get rear ended and said tailgate gets damaged will the entire thing be replaced? Is it situation depending on amount of damage and so on?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
so i have a claim on my car from a hit and run on my driver door its going to be the usual 300$ but i had previous dmg on my rear quarter panel

i took it to a body shop and they told me the adjuster is stupid because he didnt put blend all the way so if i get door done i will have to get quarter panel done at the same time but it wont be on the same claim =| any experience with this?? will i be able to get it put on same claim??
All th shop will do is put a re-inspect on your claim and send it back to icbc. If icbc feels the color needs to be blended into your quarter panel, the shop will get an approval and they wilkl go ahead and blend the color into your panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantz View Post
ICBC doesn't usually pay to cover up old / unrelated damage. The body shop in question is half right... To do the job properly, the color should be blended along the side and into the quarter panel, However, if ICBC has noted old / unrelated damage on the adjacent panels you're somewhat stuck.

I'd suggest to shop around and see what other shops say. Given the nature of the industry right now, I'm sure there is a shop out there that would be more than willing to help you out - They can't bill ICBC for the blend as this would constitue fraud, however, they should be able to find some wiggle room to help you.
Any old damage (dents/scratches/chips) will be up to the shop if they wanna fix it for you for free or they may ask if you wanna pay extra to fix the old damage. There's no fraud in that...all shops do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
This brings up a question I have. I put a fairly large dent in my tailgate from improper trailering. If I get rear ended and said tailgate gets damaged will the entire thing be replaced? Is it situation depending on amount of damage and so on?
Depends on the damage you may get in the accident. If the damage is enough to replace the tailgate, then your old damage wouldnt matter. if the tailgate doesnt get damaged, then the side/area the accident damage is will be fixed and the old damage....once again will be up to the shop...(most likely if the dent is big, the shop would ask if you wanna pay extra to fix it...otherwise the old damage gets painted and clearcoated over.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post

Depends if the adjuster/estimator made a note on the file.
It would say unrelated damage to quarter panel or no blend due to old damage/condition.
If there is no mention of the old damage the shop can go ahead and get a blend for the work, but you would need to pay extra to have the damage fixed or not fixed just cleared over.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
hmm i will have to check if they made a note im pretty sure they said do not blend because of previous dmg

ill have to go back and see the guy who quoted me cuz he said he would call and try to get them to put it on same claim for me

i lost my papers and found them recently it expires on jan 29 lol
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote