REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Lined Shorts (https://www.revscene.net/forums/626200-lined-shorts.html)

hamsup 09-29-2010 09:24 AM

Lined Shorts

What is the purpose of having shorts with sewn in lining? I have two pairs of shorts that having polyester lining in them... one of them are from UA.. and the other is the Nike Livestrong ones.

Can i swim in these???? or are they mostly used for running ??? do you wear underwear with them ???

LOL !!!!!

1-Slicer-1 09-29-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsup (Post 7124830)
What is the purpose of having shorts with sewn in lining? I have two pairs of shorts that having polyester lining in them... one of them are from UA.. and the other is the Nike Livestrong ones.

Can i swim in these???? or are they mostly used for running ??? do you wear underwear with them ???

LOL !!!!!

They are probably board shorts. Yes, you can swim in them. No, you need not wear underwear with them because it defeat the purpose of the quick-drying material...

hamsup 09-29-2010 09:47 AM

they aren't board shorts... they are athletic shorts with lining material in them... its not a mesh material either.. it's just polyester.

StealthFighter 09-29-2010 11:44 AM

you know how when you sweat, your clothes cling to your skin? the mesh is there so that it doesn't cling and you have full movement for whatever activity you do.

they usually add it to none breathable material.

ilvtofu 09-29-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthFighter (Post 7124996)
you know how when you sweat, your clothes cling to your skin? the mesh is there so that it doesn't cling and you have full movement for whatever activity you do.

they usually add it to none breathable material.

+1 swim in them lol
Reminds me of simpsons episode where homer, lenny and carl go swimming and find smithers's dad's body, "i think I just logged on to my internet"

hamsup 09-30-2010 09:13 AM

I also found out that chlorine will bleach my shorts... so i might only wear the grey ones.. instead of the black ones.. hahaha !!!

Matlock 10-21-2010 12:55 PM

I wear these for running+gym without underwear because it has lining built in. It really helps prevent chaffing.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 10-21-2010 05:38 PM

Yeah I have a few pairs like that too. They aren't swimming shorts, they are running shorts, and I think soccer shorts. I don't see how you could not wear underwear with them, as the liner is way too loose to use as underwear.. I was thinking of just cutting them out, but they don't get in the way so...