REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Lined Shorts

What is the purpose of having shorts with sewn in lining? I have two pairs of shorts that having polyester lining in them... one of them are from UA.. and the other is the Nike Livestrong ones.

Can i swim in these???? or are they mostly used for running ??? do you wear underwear with them ???

LOL !!!!!
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
What is the purpose of having shorts with sewn in lining? I have two pairs of shorts that having polyester lining in them... one of them are from UA.. and the other is the Nike Livestrong ones.

Can i swim in these???? or are they mostly used for running ??? do you wear underwear with them ???

LOL !!!!!
They are probably board shorts. Yes, you can swim in them. No, you need not wear underwear with them because it defeat the purpose of the quick-drying material...
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #3

they aren't board shorts... they are athletic shorts with lining material in them... its not a mesh material either.. it's just polyester.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

you know how when you sweat, your clothes cling to your skin? the mesh is there so that it doesn't cling and you have full movement for whatever activity you do.

they usually add it to none breathable material.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFighter View Post
you know how when you sweat, your clothes cling to your skin? the mesh is there so that it doesn't cling and you have full movement for whatever activity you do.

they usually add it to none breathable material.
+1 swim in them lol
Reminds me of simpsons episode where homer, lenny and carl go swimming and find smithers's dad's body, "i think I just logged on to my internet"
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #6

I also found out that chlorine will bleach my shorts... so i might only wear the grey ones.. instead of the black ones.. hahaha !!!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I wear these for running+gym without underwear because it has lining built in. It really helps prevent chaffing.
Posted via RS Mobile
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,806 Times in 8,185 Posts
Yeah I have a few pairs like that too. They aren't swimming shorts, they are running shorts, and I think soccer shorts. I don't see how you could not wear underwear with them, as the liner is way too loose to use as underwear.. I was thinking of just cutting them out, but they don't get in the way so...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote