REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Hot Dog Toppings (https://www.revscene.net/forums/626274-hot-dog-toppings.html)

MG1 09-29-2010 08:07 PM

Hot Dog Toppings

I was bored and hungry. Didn't want to cook anything fancy, so I made some hot dogs. Sick of relish, ketchup, mustard. Even Grey Poupon didn't interest me. I found some cream cheese in the fridge. Toasted the bun and slathered on cream cheese. Holy carp, it's good. I added some pinapple chunks. Even better. Only good with toasted buns.

I googled to see if anyone else had discovered the combo. Sure enough, someone had. It's called a Seattle hot dog. Anyway, it's pretty darn good.

Next up. Cream cheese and mango jam or stem ginger jam.

smoothie. 09-29-2010 09:05 PM

i made a hot dog from thisiswhyyourefat

cheese filled smokie + wrapped in bacon + grilled onions + bbq sauce + mac n cheese ontop. then broil till top is light brown, and then parmesan optional

SkinnyPupp 09-29-2010 09:12 PM

In Hong Kong they use mayo/salad dressing/thousand island and shredded lettuce. Give that a try?

guddagudd 09-29-2010 09:16 PM

I spread peanut butter on the buns before, haha, not sure if you would like to try that though.

MG1 09-29-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7125790)
In Hong Kong they use mayo/salad dressing/thousand island and shredded lettuce. Give that a try?

Quote:

Originally Posted by guddagudd (Post 7125799)
I spread peanut butter on the buns before, haha, not sure if you would like to try that though.

Anything is alright to try........... at least once.

Peanut butter and bananas with process cheese....... yum.

DaFonz 09-29-2010 10:20 PM

Wrap hot dog with bacon. Deep fry.

Serve with sour cream and avocados.

rexsomnii 09-29-2010 10:26 PM

This thread is making me hungry..

Culture_Vulture 09-29-2010 10:28 PM

Try sauteed mushrooms and steak sauce :)

MG1 09-29-2010 11:42 PM

Not a hot dog, but I miss my friend's mom's egg wrapped weiners. The egg part is the stuff you see on top of tamago nigiri. The weiner has layer upon layer of egg around it (rolled). I wish I had a picture of it. After the egg layers are wrapped around the weiners, it is cooled and sliced. Awesome with rice. Picnic food.

It looks like a mini futomaki, but made of a single wiener in the centre and about an inch thick layer of bright yellow egg on the outside. The egg part is sweetened with sugar and a hint of cooking wine.

Liquid_o2 09-30-2010 09:52 AM

Mix some Sriracha hot sauce and mayo together. Slather that on the bun, throw in a smokie and then top it off with some sauteed onions. :thumbsup:

Culverin 09-30-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7125790)

That doesn't really sound that far out there.
thousand island + lettuce sounds like a big mac

JHatta 09-30-2010 12:25 PM

fried pickles, grilled onions + mushrooms, mac and cheese, bananna peppers, bacon wrapped cheese smokie, mustard/ketchup/chipotle mayo to taste

GDChoi 09-30-2010 12:25 PM

I was thinking get some eggs fry em on a pan slice up some hot dogs and put in some mushrooms and cheese a bit of onions, flip omelette style.

toast the hot dog bun, then roll up the omelette shove it in the bun, sprinkle some parsley garnish and serve with whatever sauce u feel like!

unit 09-30-2010 01:37 PM

roasted red peppers, prosciutto, sauerkraut, asparagus, fresh pulled mozzarella....
fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, chives...)
try using thinly sliced up flank steak instead of weiners.

for sauce, try using some sort of ragu or chilli instead of the usual suspects.
or even nandos piri piri sauce would taste great.

MG1 09-30-2010 02:22 PM

Damn, so hungry just thinking about all the shit I can put on a plain hot dog.

Thanks, guys.

sonick 09-30-2010 03:31 PM

omg cream cheese on a hot dog sounds delicious.

JHatta 09-30-2010 03:40 PM

kewpie mayo and furekake

vafanculo 09-30-2010 05:16 PM

Baked beans that you buy in a can
Posted via RS Mobile

Vansterdam 10-01-2010 03:21 AM

for me its all about fried onions and CORN RELISH

om nom nom nom

SkinnyPupp 10-01-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7126418)
That doesn't really sound that far out there.
thousand island + lettuce sounds like a big mac

It's not out there at all, it was just a suggestion for a tasty hot dog

Liquid_o2 10-01-2010 10:54 AM

The seattle dog sounds really good. I will have to try it soon... cream cheese, grilled onions and a toasted bun, sounds simple but delicious :drool

MrGoodbar 10-01-2010 12:35 PM

i put those chinese peppered chicken knees and a few of those szechuan green beans on my cheddar dog once. it was fuckin' EPIC. make sure you spoon in some of the pepper flakes and the jalapeno seeds in there for an epic kick. I'd call it a Chinadog, but you know, the stereotypes....

Culverin 10-01-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodbar (Post 7127872)
i put those chinese peppered chicken knees and a few of those szechuan green beans on my cheddar dog once. it was fuckin' EPIC. make sure you spoon in some of the pepper flakes and the jalapeno seeds in there for an epic kick. I'd call it a Chinadog, but you know, the stereotypes....

my. god.

jiew yeem chicken knees on hotdogs?
That's escalation man. nice! :thumbsup:

Will attempt.

MrGoodbar 10-01-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7128127)
my. god.

jiew yeem chicken knees on hotdogs?
That's escalation man. nice! :thumbsup:

Will attempt.

Hell fuckin' yes!!!! it's like scoring two kills with one pitch fork. chicken and pork (or whatever meat from the farm for the sausage) it's crunchy chewy and soft but not too chewy, more of a crackling from the jiew yeem chicken knees. :drool:drool:drool:drool:drool FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK I WANT ONE RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!

MG1 10-02-2010 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHatta (Post 7126752)
kewpie mayo and furekake

Furikake and Japanese mayo? Wow, that sounds cool. Next up, wasabi, aonori, and Hoisin sauce (not all at once, LOL).

My kids love weiners fried in brown sugar and shichimi togarashi (seven flavour seasoning), the shit you find at Japanese noodle houses - sweet and heat.