REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   where to find an affordable suit for grad (https://www.revscene.net/forums/626890-where-find-affordable-suit-grad.html)

chickenugget69 10-06-2010 09:32 PM

where to find an affordable suit for grad

I am looking to spend 100-200ish, trying to keep it low because I have a feeling in another year I won't be able to fit into the same suit again.

I'm looking for a slim-fitting suit (not tailored), something off the rack.
I"ve heard H&M and Zara have good suits. Can anyone tell me places where I might find such suits I"m looking for?

I'm just looking for a plain black suit, maybe with stripes

Thanks

Jgresch 10-06-2010 09:44 PM

rent a suit.. Black and Lee

ilvtofu 10-07-2010 07:14 AM

Zara suits have good selection. Better than h&m but it's still going to be over $250 and the materials aren't the best. I bought a slim shiny-ish suit there feels like polyester lol but looked cool.
For $200 u should check out the bay they have some really good brands and prices. Maybe wait for a sale though

Another option for $200 is trying the calvin Klein outlet in Seattle which might have some for that price

Renting a suit is the best deal though they start off pretty low so unless you're going to be wearing suit at least 5 times a year IMO don't buy. And I'm guessing if u don't already have one you don't really need one in your closet lol. And the suit rentals come with everything (tie shoes vest etc)
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 10-07-2010 08:31 AM

What did you wear during your grad photos?

!Aznboi128 10-07-2010 08:33 AM

Moores generally have cheap suits. Don't bother going to the bay, sears if there isn't a sell generally pricey but good size selection.
Posted via RS Mobile

1-Slicer-1 10-07-2010 09:24 AM

Banana Republic Factory Outlet in South Surrey. Brand new store, only BR outlet in BC.

ajax 10-07-2010 09:42 AM

I pickied up a suit from H&M for $80. Not something incredibly fancy but it looks good and probably my favourite fitting wise.
Posted via RS Mobile

Mr.HappySilp 10-07-2010 02:46 PM

Value village or Winners.

JSALES 10-07-2010 03:19 PM

i got my suit from tip top, it wasn't too expensive

chickenugget69 10-07-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 7134713)
Zara suits have good selection. Better than h&m but it's still going to be over $250 and the materials aren't the best. I bought a slim shiny-ish suit there feels like polyester lol but looked cool.
For $200 u should check out the bay they have some really good brands and prices. Maybe wait for a sale though

Another option for $200 is trying the calvin Klein outlet in Seattle which might have some for that price

Renting a suit is the best deal though they start off pretty low so unless you're going to be wearing suit at least 5 times a year IMO don't buy. And I'm guessing if u don't already have one you don't really need one in your closet lol. And the suit rentals come with everything (tie shoes vest etc)
Posted via RS Mobile

Howmuch is renting a suit? I'll need it for 3-4 different days (different photo sessions). Can i just rent a suit for like a week or two, or should i rent one for for each of the days

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7134789)
What did you wear during your grad photos?

I didn't have my grad photos yet - thats why i'm buying a suit Lol

mickz 10-07-2010 09:44 PM

Go to Mexx Outlet. My gf's brother just bought his from there for about your price range. That's just for the jacket and pants though, not including everything else like dress shirt and tie.

hal0g0dv2 10-08-2010 03:20 PM

i have gotten a couple from the banana republic outlet pretty good deals, im tall tho so sometimes they mark down the tall stuff to get rid of it

chinook79 10-08-2010 04:04 PM

ever planning to head down to LA?
god fucking cheap there..
go to one of those outlet in Korean town
they sometimes carry items that didn't sell/little mixed in size from bigger store..
top notch quality if you ask me..
ads said 3 pieces for $100
I thought they meant jacket, shirt and pants.. what they meant.. 3 sets of jackets and pants for $100.
quality wise? fucking 10 times better than ones I got from Moores(spent 3~400 on those)

CorneringArtist 10-08-2010 05:40 PM

Head to the states. K&G in Washington state got me a decent suit for $130. Even better is that it was in my size since I'm a big guy, all the stores locally had shitty-looking suits in my size.

smarv 10-08-2010 09:27 PM

im looking to buy a suit grading this year too i went to H&M @ pacific center on sun,3,oct and they dont have to many nice suit jackets and pants but they have a lot of dress shirts and not to pricey i got 2. 1 for 34.95 and the other for 49.99 the quality is really good. im gona try BR outlet in south surrey.

gotenks 10-09-2010 01:46 AM

la chateu (:

ajax 10-17-2010 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2533

H&M Suit that I wore. Affordable and decent looking as well. That whole outfit was less than $120.

wyuzz 10-17-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajax (Post 7149088)
Attachment 2533

H&M Suit that I wore. Affordable and decent looking as well. That whole outfit was less than $120.

I'm assuming you bought everything separately from H&M cause I definitely did not see that outfit when I was shopping for a suit that i need to wear for a wedding.

Zara has some nice slim fitted ones for under 200 and imo i think their quality is better than H&M' slim fitted suits which cost around 250ish the last time I checked.

However, if you have an ebay account go search up h&M slim fitted suits and there are sellers there that sells suits for under 170

ajax 10-19-2010 10:46 AM

The coat and pants we're kinda together and the shirt and tie were separate. I actually bought the coat and when I went back a few days later it was 50% off so saved a lot that way as well.
Posted via RS Mobile

insomniac 05-21-2011 10:18 PM

BUMP!!!! i need a suit in 9 days.
i found the one i want. its calvin klein arden 952. $159
http://www.jimsformalwear.com/images...n_alt3_lrg.jpg
does anyone know where i can get this locally and not in the states? i know you can rent it from Moores, but do they sell suits too?
does anyone know where to get suits for under $200 in this exact color? blazer, trousers, vest, tie and shirt? or am i asking for too much for $200?
im just wearing this suit not more than 5-7 times so i dont want to spend much on it.

TRDeol 05-21-2011 10:39 PM

With a suit, you can the tie/shirt/shoes separately. Try looking online would be your best bet for blazer/vest/trouser combo. I personally bought my grad suit from england at a store called Top Man, they have on in new york now. Nice slim fit suits that ship pretty quickly.

insomniac 05-21-2011 10:43 PM

Whereabouts should I look online? Moores has exactly what I want but I want to buy one haha :(
I'm plannin to buy it locally too lol I have no time. :(
Posted via RS Mobile

TRDeol 05-21-2011 10:56 PM

Check topman on their website, i believe you can get express shipping in 2-3 days or smth. But if you want to stay local i cant really help

insomniac 05-21-2011 11:31 PM

^heyyyy thanks man i have mixed feelings on receiving it on time but I'll check it out..
I decided to up my budget cause $200 is impossible in Vancouver LOL
Posted via RS Mobile