REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #51
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivan6 View Post
@ Nataku

just putting this out there, but you should put on Revscene stickers on the side of your bus

Hey, that's a good idea. I think I will! HA HA
Advertisement
nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #52
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
hey nataku, do you work out of VTC? if so, do you ever bring in the bus after 4:30pm to the yard? if so i may have serviced your bus before as a farebox attendant
No dude. I'm over at BTC. I moved before they relocated to VTC. I miss OTC
nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #53
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
translink needs a 911/411 style number for schedule updates.

ie.

dial 711
enter stop code
press 1 for # 320
press 2 for # 19
next bus is at 8:40am , 9:00am, 9:30am.

not everyone has a schedule, and not everyone knows how to text.
8/10 people have a cell phone but does not know the translink # to call for assistance.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #54
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark666 View Post
On a snowy day in 2008 I was waiting for the bus at commercial drive. The busses couldn't make it up the victoria drive hill. Had to walk from there all the way to knight and 49th in snow up to my ankles .. Sucked big time.
Posted via RS Mobile

dude i think i was on the same bus as you LOL

did the bus break down at 12th/commercial? around 645-8am?

Last edited by Vansterdam; 10-09-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #55
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
translink needs a 911/411 style number for schedule updates.

ie.

dial 711
enter stop code
press 1 for # 320
press 2 for # 19
next bus is at 8:40am , 9:00am, 9:30am.

not everyone has a schedule, and not everyone knows how to text.
8/10 people have a cell phone but does not know the translink # to call for assistance.

you must be retarded to not see the 604-953-3333 number posted on EVERY busstop

although alot of people donno about the press "0" to talk to operator, or press 1 and then 1 and then dial the 5/ digit code for your stop , now thats annoying lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #56

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 737! View Post
They fucking need more busses in certain streets. I always wait for certaain busses for at least 15 minutes
Posted via RS Mobile
Waiting 15 minutes for a bus is nothing...try missing a bus by a couple of seconds and waiting at the skytrain for 30 minutes for the next one....

For the discussion about "people not moving to the back of the bus" is the fact people have a paranoia that they won't get off the bus [to their destination]; resulting them in standing by the back door area.

It's also because, when your on the 20 Victoria/Downtown bus for an example, when it gets super packed, the bus driver will often forget to open the back BACK door... making you scream "BACK DOOR BACK DOOR" and everyone staring at you.

Also a big thumbsup to TransLink for implementing the Articulated buses for the 49UBC buses in the morning
Old 10-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #57
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post

Also a big thumbsup to TransLink for implementing the "accordian buses" for the 49UBC buses in the morning
Articulated buses.
Rogue951 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #58
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
It's also because, when your on the 20 Victoria/Downtown bus for an example, when it gets super packed, the bus driver will often forget to open the back BACK door... making you scream "BACK DOOR BACK DOOR" and everyone staring at you.
No ppl who scream "back door" are ppl who are too dumb to activate the back door. The so called. "Back back door" is activated with the middle doors.
So if the middle door is open then the back door should open. Impatient ppl are the ones who can't activate the new doors. Try waiting for the green light to come on before putting ur hand near it. If u try touching it before the green light comes on the sensor won't pick up ur motion. You don't even have to touch anything. Just wave your hand near the area that says "touch here"
It says "touch here" for a reason. So slapping it. Banging it and any other methods used won't work.
Posted via RS Mobile
anti_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #59
I don't get it

Do you know what really grinds my gears... Translink. That is all.
Posted via RS Mobile
spades is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti_rice View Post
No ppl who scream "back door" are ppl who are too dumb to activate the back door. The so called. "Back back door" is activated with the middle doors.
So if the middle door is open then the back door should open. Impatient ppl are the ones who can't activate the new doors. Try waiting for the green light to come on before putting ur hand near it. If u try touching it before the green light comes on the sensor won't pick up ur motion. You don't even have to touch anything. Just wave your hand near the area that says "touch here"
It says "touch here" for a reason. So slapping it. Banging it and any other methods used won't work.
Posted via RS Mobile
Not necessarily... don't forget, bus drivers are human, not robots. There's always a chance they will forget to open up the back doors, and someone will scream "back door".

Same thing can happen on the 20 buses aswell, bus driver forgets to open the back doors, and when you yell "back door" you won't even be heard from all the way in the back..

Just from my experiences for 3 years with the 20 bus, never has happened to me though.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #61
xxx

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
On some buses the sensors aren't working properly and just waving your hand doesn't do anything (I've tested this) and you have to push. It's strange and rare but it has happened before. Luckily I know how it works and so if merely touching/waving doesn't result in a response I push.

And btw the green light only comes on when the bus drivers allows it to, so you have times when the bus driver forgets to turn that on and there's nothing you can do to open the door except to yell.

Other than that, yes I agree most times the passengers are retarded.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #62
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

The best times on the bus are when the 145 going down from SFU accidentally turn off to head down Burnaby Mountain Parkway instead and then U-Turns back up. That was fun.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #63

Ummmmm pushing on doors with the sonic sensors will NOT open them. If they open when u push it's cause the sensors finally tripped. A closed door will not open by force.
Posted via RS Mobile
Rogue951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #64
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
My only gripe with Translink are the idiot riders.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #65
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Let me educate some people on the back doors.

The green light on the top of the rear doors only comes on when the driver activates the door. When the new back doors came into effect on the new buses there were alot of issues with people not able to open the doors. So i decided to see what's up with it.
Is it driver error or passenger error? I can tell you it's 95% PASSENGER error. The only error that the driver can make that will screw up the functions of the back door is if the driver doesn't activate it at all or if they activate it before the bus comes to a complete stop. (green light will not come on in both events)
Errors passengers make:
The biggest reason why doors don't open properly is plain and simple. Passengers are impatient. You see passengers start banging on the back door before the driver even comes to a stop. Do you plan on doing the tuck and roll? if not then maybe wait till the bus stops. Old chinese ladies are slapping the back door like they are dusting off a carpet doesn't help with door operations either.

IF the GREEN LIGHT is on then that means the driver did everything right and the door SHOULD open. There is no fault on the drivers part if the green light is on. Whatever happens next is up to the passenger. If you put your hands where you are suppose to and the door doesn't open then it means that someone or something was in the sensor zone when the driver activated the door. When that happens the sensor thinks whatever is in the area was always there and therefore the door will not open. That is why i said earlier in this thread to wait for the green light before going near the door. look down there's an area painted yellow. Stay away from there. It's the sensor zone. If the door doesn't open the first time. STAND BACK wait and approach the door again. Yelling "BACK DOOR" isn't going to help the situation. We will just look at you and shake our head cuz all that goes thru our mind is "dumbass"

There is only 2 area that your hand should be when trying to open the door. right on top of the sticker on either door that says "TOUCH HERE". Not to the left of it...not to the right of it.. and NOT BETWEEN IT. when you hear a ringing sound go off as you touch the door. YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG! The ringing tells the driver there's an idiot trying to open the door. The door has feelings. DO NOT slap it, hit it, bang it and touch it in the wrong areas. It's sensitive and will only open to those who TOUCH it nicely.

People complain that drivers close the back door on people. let me make things clear.
The driver DOES NOT OPEN or CLOSE the doors. Unless it's the 99 bline then the driver does OPEN the door and only open. It closes like any other bus. Drivers only unlocks the door. The door closes on a timer. If no one exits the door within 3 seconds the doors will start to close. You have to trip the sensors again for it to rebound open.

Hope this clears up all the "BACK DOOR BACK DOOR" problems.
anti_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:

Well it didn't clear up the problems completely, how do I get her to say "yes" though?
Posted via RS Mobile
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #67
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

one time.. I was on the bus, and this girl kept screaming "back door, back door" "DRIVER!!!!!!!!!! back door" and kept trying to push the doors open. someone had to tell her, uhhh, we aren't at a stop yet. hahah
taucool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by taucool View Post
one time.. I was on the bus, and this girl kept screaming "back door, back door" "DRIVER!!!!!!!!!! back door" and kept trying to push the doors open. someone had to tell her, uhhh, we aren't at a stop yet. hahah
LOL yeah, I see that alot on the bus
Old 10-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #69
JqC

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
Well it didn't clear up the problems completely, how do I get her to say "yes" though?
Posted via RS Mobile
You don't. Cause that's unimportant.
JqC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #70
Better safe than Surrey

I was on the bus going to high school, already late for finals... and the bus t-bones this c-lai making a left turn.

on a side note buses don't get damaged easily... the whole side of the mini van was crunched bad and only some scrapes on the bumper of the bus.
OTG-ZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #71
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Shouting back door isn't all loss.
If a door closes, the bus driver might take off.
Shouting back door may not exactly help get the door open, but at least
it indirectly alerts the driver more people still need to get out.

And when the bus is packed with idiots (that don't need to get off)
standing by the doors blocking everyone, it's possible that the doors may close before everyone can get out.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:38 AM   #72
RS controls my life!

good old Vancouver.
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #73
degenerate extraordinaire

Lol I remember this one time taking 43 express bus back from Joyce station, this one guy just took it because it was convenient. He didn't understand the meaning of an express bus and totally bitched out the driver when he wouldn't stop for him at the stop after Victoria. The bus driver kept saying "sir, this is the express bus, next stop is knight street" and the guy kept yelling fuck you stop the damn bus! It was funny seeing the guy slowly walking up back towards Victoria
Posted via RS Mobile
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2010, 02:01 AM   #74
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2_narain View Post

good old Vancouver.
i remember working on those buses. 2 co workers of mine got a nice jolt from a "hot coach". luckily they only got minor injuries. that thing can zap you at 600volts.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:06 AM   #75
My homepage has been set to RS

i agree stupid passengers are the problem, esp the ones who think transit is a limo service
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: