REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #101
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
took the Canada Line on Tuesday, for all you students. BE GOD DAMN more COURTEOUS and more bloody attentive.

Some indo-canadian family with 2 kids less then 6 and a stroller needed room to get everyone in during rush hour. Everyone moved except for this asian full of pimple 18 year old. The lady said excuses me at least 3 times and he still ignored her. Door was bout to shut and the stroller wasn't half in the train. I had enough, i took his backpack, yanked it pretty hard, to pull him back, he turns his head and smokes it into that centre yellow 4 pillar bar. And told him, be more fucking courteous to people.

lesson learn kid. BE COURTEOUS.
uhh no, maybe the god damn family should be more courteous since its a god damn rush hour! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BRINGING A GOD DAMN STROLLER DURING RUSH HOUR?!!!

this is so inconvenient since the old people had to get up and move back again and ppl had to get up and give them the normal seats. THESE god damn indian and flip immigrants always do that. sometimes they even bring two strollers on during rush hour. WTF FUCK YO BABIES! IMMA THROW YO KID THRU THE WINDOW!
Advertisement
BlacknJean is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #102
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
Is it unethical to enter from the backdoor if the bus is full and the next one won't come for 'nother 30 minutes and it's pissing rain?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #103
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Is it unethical to enter from the backdoor if the bus is full and the next one won't come for 'nother 30 minutes and it's pissing rain?
No, I see alot of people doing that
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #104
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
took the Canada Line on Tuesday, for all you students. BE GOD DAMN more COURTEOUS and more bloody attentive.

Some indo-canadian family with 2 kids less then 6 and a stroller needed room to get everyone in during rush hour. Everyone moved except for this asian full of pimple 18 year old. The lady said excuses me at least 3 times and he still ignored her. Door was bout to shut and the stroller wasn't half in the train. I had enough, i took his backpack, yanked it pretty hard, to pull him back, he turns his head and smokes it into that centre yellow 4 pillar bar. And told him, be more fucking courteous to people.

lesson learn kid. BE COURTEOUS.
UMMM no is rush hour that means a lot of ppl are going to work. Have you check out Boardway during rush hour? Most ppl have to wait 2 to 3 trains. So here comes a family with a stroller trying to push her way in. I am sorry but there is barely enough room to fit another person yet you want to shovel your god damma stroller in? Don't fucking use a stroller or take the skytrain earlier or a bit after the rush hour. So many times I seen ppl trying to push their strollers in and can't, train door close so because of your actions you can't get in and you wasted a good spot for 4 to 6 ppl to get in.

If you want to use a stroller during rush hour be prepare to wait for a long time coz most of the time there isn't enough room to fit one in. Also don't expect anyone to give up their spots for you since most ppl have to wait a few trains to get on. Instead take the skytrain like 20 to 30mins before the rush or after. If you are not being COURTEOUS by using your strollers and taking room good for 5 to 6 ppl to get on why should ppl be COURTEOUS to you? Again is rush hour ppl needs to go to work/school on time.

Happen to me once Sytrain was full and I mean everyone is pack to a point where you can't even move and comes a family with their strollers trying to push their way in. Some guy just start swearing at them telling them there is no more room and stop pushing their strollers over his shoes.

Now I like to see how the skytrain and bus will run this winter. Doesn't look like they are too prepare. Lucky for me I already plan other ways to get to work if the Skytrain is not working as it should (which 99% it will) during this winter.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 11-19-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #105
Banned (ABWS)

I absolutely hated taking the bus to Langara a few years back during the winter. I'm always late for my morning classes, the damn pole keeps falling off, everyone stinks in the bus, driver either did not turn on the heater or turn it too damn high, everyones packed like canned tuna, and by the time you get to your class, you're so burnt out you just dont give a fuck anymore.
BlacknJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #106
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

O and don't yell at ppl for not taking off their backpacks. Coz you know sometimes we have our laptops, ipads..... in it and if we put it on the floor, someone kick it and it broke then who is going to pay for the repairs or get a new one? Pretty sure transitlink won't, the person who kick it won't so yea.

When I carry a backpack to work 90% of the time I have a laptop in it and I will not put it on the floor for it to get damage.

I always try to avoid the rush hours even though I work 9 to 5. I get to the skytrain 20mins earlier and leave work 30mins later. That way even if I miss a few Skytrain I will still be on time.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #107
Need my Daily Fix of RS

anyone just took the skytrain at 9:20pm (westbound - expo line)?

holy shit there was a 25 minutes delay
even if the announcer keep insisting the service is resumed
the train didn't even move a damn inch.

usually it takes 1 hour for me to get home from sfu.
it took me 2 hours to get home

what was the worst delay for you guys?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #108
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
couple days ago...

...downtown, with crowds reaching mosh pit status
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:08 AM   #109
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknJean View Post
uhh no, maybe the god damn family should be more courteous since its a god damn rush hour! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BRINGING A GOD DAMN STROLLER DURING RUSH HOUR?!!!

this is so inconvenient since the old people had to get up and move back again and ppl had to get up and give them the normal seats. THESE god damn indian and flip immigrants always do that. sometimes they even bring two strollers on during rush hour. WTF FUCK YO BABIES! IMMA THROW YO KID THRU THE WINDOW!
Totally agreed. There was this retarded fruitcake on a wheelchair (long haired speaks like a girl but is a dude), forced 30 people to get off the 99 at cambie so that he could get on, and just because he didn't have 2 feet of personal space around his "wheelchair area" he refused to get on after the bus driver grudgingly kicked off 30 people to give him room to come on. Wasted everyone's fucking time. Just because you're crippled doesn't mean the whole fucking world owes you. They give you common courtesy because they feel sorry for you, they don't owe you shit.
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:12 AM   #110
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
O and don't yell at ppl for not taking off their backpacks. Coz you know sometimes we have our laptops, ipads..... in it and if we put it on the floor, someone kick it and it broke then who is going to pay for the repairs or get a new one? Pretty sure transitlink won't, the person who kick it won't so yea.

When I carry a backpack to work 90% of the time I have a laptop in it and I will not put it on the floor for it to get damage.
You are retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
No, I see alot of people doing that
...and because other people do it, it's okay, right?
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2010, 03:38 AM   #111
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I hate kids on transit.

I don't want your snot-nosed brats jumping up and down like a baboon on the seat beside me and running up and down the aisle. I don't want the musical chairs that ensues upon your fucking stroller entering the bus. I don't want to hear your baby crying at the top of its lungs because it's pouring rain and yet you decided to bring it along with you on your crack run and you forgot to bring its bottle.

But more than that, I hate their mothers who bring their children onto the bus instead of finding a babysitter or driving. Entire fucking families of these pests.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #112
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:

I always try to avoid the rush hours even though I work 9 to 5. I get to the skytrain 20mins earlier and leave work 30mins later. That way even if I miss a few Skytrain I will still be on time.
You know you can take your bag off your back and hold it with your hand right you bloody idiot
stylez2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #113

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:

Thats why they make laptop bags for a reason..if you don't want your laptop/ipad to be broken, get a laptap bag. You can hold it by your side instead of wearing it on your back and taking up alot of space...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur View Post
what was the worst delay for you guys?
Worst delay for me...last year. Apparently someone committed suicide/jumped on the tracks at Stadium station causing delays. This was around rush hour [so after school; 3PM] and huge lineups. Took me 2 hours just to get on a goddamn train
Old 11-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #114

i wear my backpack in front of me...usually not an issue unless you wanna be right up in my face (less than a foot away). The ground is very dirty especially when it's raining/snowing out.

only time i would take it off is when i'm on the skytrain or 99 b-line during rush hour and everyone PACKS right in.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by min.tee View Post
I hate kids on transit.

I don't want your snot-nosed brats jumping up and down like a baboon on the seat beside me and running up and down the aisle. I don't want the musical chairs that ensues upon your fucking stroller entering the bus. I don't want to hear your baby crying at the top of its lungs because it's pouring rain and yet you decided to bring it along with you on your crack run and you forgot to bring its bottle.

But more than that, I hate their mothers who bring their children onto the bus instead of finding a babysitter or driving. Entire fucking families of these pests.
Don't like it? Don't take the bus and just drive. If you can't afford to buy/sustain a car in this city then do you think that single mother has enough money to buy a car too?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #116
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:

90% of the people who wear their backpacks on the trains DON'T have a laptop in it. They're usually idiot high school or college kids who think they don't have to look out for anyone but themselves. News flash kid, take your pack off or someone will take it off for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #117
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
Totally agreed. There was this retarded fruitcake on a wheelchair (long haired speaks like a girl but is a dude), forced 30 people to get off the 99 at cambie so that he could get on, and just because he didn't have 2 feet of personal space around his "wheelchair area" he refused to get on after the bus driver grudgingly kicked off 30 people to give him room to come on. Wasted everyone's fucking time. Just because you're crippled doesn't mean the whole fucking world owes you. They give you common courtesy because they feel sorry for you, they don't owe you shit.
I think i know who you're talking about. Does the person have glasses? if so then it's actually a SHE. She looks like a HE. She is actually banned from transit. She assaults passengers and drivers. She's been gone for a year or so and now she's back causing problems on the 99 bline.
anti_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #118
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Taking the Victoria 20 bus south from Commercial/broadway. Bus is usually packed rush hour right? So being the biggest guy and near the exits you move out to be courteous. I was helping an elderly lady get off the bus and the fucking guy closes the door on her leg. She trips out and (luckily) I caught her . This point my friend is holding the door open for me and I assist her away from the bus. Then he tries to close the door again. I squeeze back on and I ask him "what is your problem?" he says nothing and guns it with everyone holding on for fucking dear life. FUCK YOU TRANSLINK.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #119
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts
Took the 20 bus going southbound on the day I had my midterm at school. Bus came 40 minutes late and I ended up being an hour late for class. Ended failing that course and because it was the 2nd midterm I could't drop the course. Lesson learned, don't take the bus on exam day.
Fappin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-11-2010, 02:21 AM   #120
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post

are you fucking kidding me? The bus driver actually kicks 10+ people out to make room for 1 guy in a wheelchair?
That's fucking retarded. If I were a passenger that was on the bus already standing near the front because it's packed there's no way in hell I'm getting off and the bus driver can kiss my ass if he think I'm gonna get off.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fappin View Post
Took the 20 bus going southbound on the day I had my midterm at school. Bus came 40 minutes late and I ended up being an hour late for class. Ended failing that course and because it was the 2nd midterm I could't drop the course. Lesson learned, don't take the bus on exam day.
you should leave 30 min on exam days if you are bussing

and DON'T BUS to your exams on WEEKENDS...30 minute every bus for 50-60+ students on one route means a lot of people are going to be left behind and fucked for their exams.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #122
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
you should leave 30 min on exam days if you are bussing

and DON'T BUS to your exams on WEEKENDS...30 minute every bus for 50-60+ students on one route means a lot of people are going to be left behind and fucked for their exams.
This happened today at production.

Lots of people were faaked for their exam or got in super late because of the rotation of buses on weekend.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #123

^^ lol not just weekends or exam days. Even during weekdays I leave 30mins early to catch my bus/ skytrain in case the bus is late or there is delays on the skytrain which happens very frequent.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #124
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
As I ascended the escalators in Burrard Station, I was greeted with people who were handing out "Compass" buttons and dummy passes.

It appears that the new name for the farecard is "Compass". Keep in mind, other more interesting names like Otter and Umbrella were in the running until they were cut out from the final vote unexpectedly.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #125
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Umbrella?!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: