REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Overnight Trips (https://www.revscene.net/forums/627232-overnight-trips.html)

MelonBoy 10-10-2010 07:13 PM

Overnight Trips

Any recommendations on overnight trips that may be good for couples?

Looking for a overnight trip during the first week of dec.. so things like Tofino, hot spring cove is out of the question...

I was thinking of Osoyoos in the Okanagan but not sure if the miss would like it..

Would appreciate any ideas and such ! Thanks!

If your wondering why im planning so god dam early is because our schedules are really tight due to work and school... so we have to take the days off and want to make sure w/e were doing is going to be available at the time we book off (early reservation = win)

CRS 10-10-2010 07:34 PM

Call her at 2AM in the morning expressing your love and feelings for her...

I'm sure she would do the same for you ;)

ScizzMoney 10-10-2010 09:50 PM

Depending on weather, the Space Needle is quite the sight during winter. Pretty sweet if there is snow flying.

MelonBoy 10-11-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7139617)
Call her at 2AM in the morning expressing your love and feelings for her...

I'm sure she would do the same for you ;)

LOL... uno she calls me every night anyways around that time so:P haha dont think there would be a great effect XD..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScizzMoney (Post 7139785)
Depending on weather, the Space Needle is quite the sight during winter. Pretty sweet if there is snow flying.

Dope.. thanks. I just put seattle on my list.. (may go there)
Everyone likes a good old day of shopping, dinner, sleep, possible more shopping then a long ride home.

But do you have any hotels you'd recommend??

MelonBoy 10-13-2010 02:55 AM

Anyways after some good old thread digging and a quick plan.. How do you people think of this? I thought it might be to busy.. but we are short on time so its gonna have to do i guess? (note: iv taken when they open and close into consideration)

Day 1
Space needle 9:30am (morning view of the town after a long drive)
Seattle Aquarium 10am - 11:30am (stay for 1:30)
Argosy Cruise 12:15pm (Must go 30minutes before boarding, couple minutes away from aquarium and gives us 15minutes to find parking)
Check In Hotel...? 1:30pm
Music museum 2:00pm roughly (Can stay up to 1.5 hours)
Science center 3:30pm roughly (Can stay up to 2 hours)
Space needle dinner (around 5-6 w/e sunset time is during dec)
Take a walk around town/around the hotel..

Day 2
Woodland Park Zoo
Crab Pot
Shopping
Home! :D

Also lol.. not to be cheap or anything but i like it when we split some of the costs... soooo
Ill probably cover (car+gas+hotel cost+booklets of tickets to attraction+ dinner at space needle)
She can cover (crab pot, small stuff/snacks during the day, possible parking tickets?)

TheNewGirl 10-13-2010 09:09 AM

Depends what your budget is like. Victora can be really pretty if they get a snowy winter too, or if it's a mild winter it's good for walking around in. If you have some extra cash you can fly from down town Vancouver right into the harbour in Victoria which is a nice way to go. Again you can go to the Victoria Museum, tea at the empress, shopping.

TomBox_N 10-15-2010 06:20 PM

Ur schedule seems so cramped. Try to slow things down.
Posted via RS Mobile

JLC 10-20-2010 11:16 PM

first week of december...is it still storm season over in Tofino? If it is, storm season in Tofino is supposed to be the most amazing sight to see...I've never been there but i plan on checking it out some time...

MelonBoy 10-20-2010 11:45 PM

^
Ya, Iv heard good things about tofino but im not sure if its worth the trip just to watch it rain and stuff :P.. I think im going to save the Tofino trip during the summer, so we can go to hot springs and stuff.

Jegz 10-21-2010 01:16 AM

Day 1 intinerary seems too much. Maybe its just me but id be tired without breaks.
Mine would be..
9am Wakeup sex
12pm Space Needle
3pm Music museum
3:05pm Leave music museum
4-6pm ??
7pm Quick dinner
8-?? Revscene surf at local internet cafe
11pm Sexy time

Nvasion 10-21-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jegglez (Post 7154117)
Day 1 intinerary seems too much. Maybe its just me but id be tired without breaks.
Mine would be..
9am Wakeup sex
12pm Space Needle
3pm Music museum
4-6pm ??
7pm Quick dinner

id add sex at night also.....

TheNewGirl 10-21-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelonBoy (Post 7154063)
^
Ya, Iv heard good things about tofino but im not sure if its worth the trip just to watch it rain and stuff :P.. I think im going to save the Tofino trip during the summer, so we can go to hot springs and stuff.

It really is beautiful, provided you get a storm the weekend you're there. If you're looking for a stay in, romantic weekend I would totally do Tofino. If you're looking to sight see then Seattle. Do keep in mind though, it's colder there in December than it is here.

Jegz 10-21-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 7154191)
id add sex at night also.....

oops forgot ;)

LC21 10-21-2010 10:47 AM

i loled at 3pm - music museum, 3:05pm -leave museum
HAHAHA

Spectre_Cdn 10-21-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jegglez (Post 7154117)
Mine would be..
9am Wakeup sex
12pm Space Needle
3pm Music museum
4-6pm ??
7pm Quick dinner
11pm Sexy time

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 7154404)
i loled at 3pm - music museum, 3:05pm -leave museum
HAHAHA

I lol'd at Revscene surf :rofl:

Phil@rise 10-22-2010 12:29 PM

rent a cabin at harrison hot springs

k2_alpha 10-23-2010 03:14 PM

if you go to Seattle and are looking for a restaurant.
Head to Tacoma and go to Southern Kitchen.
BEST FRIED CHICKEN EVER!
The mac and cheese is to die for.
Plus if your gf like strawberry lemonade, you ARE SET.
It comes is a MASON jar. Sooooo good.

Here is the link to the website:
http://www.southernkitchen-tacoma.com/