REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Worst personal trainer ever

So I was at the gym earlier and I couldnt believe what I was seeing..
There was this personal trainer there training this guy that couldnt have been more then 120 lbs. I see them on the leg press machine... 2 plates per side with a 4 inch range of motion. The guy gets out like 5 reps so the trainer leans over and starts pushing on the platform to help him get out another 5 reps. This happens like 3 times (gotta do 3 sets of 10 right?).. He tells him good job and they move on. I didnt pay much attention but a little while later I see them out by the rack and the PT is teaching the guy how to shoulder press with the bb... This guy looks weak as fuck so I decide to watch to see what happens. Sure enough the guy is almost folding himself in half trying to get the bar up. The PT just sits there and watches. After he does one set the PT throws 10 lbs on either side. The guy he is training looks like he is worried he wont be able to do it so the PT tells him its all about intensity so this guy starts punching himself in the chest like a freaking ape. Obviously the PT isnt smart enough to rack the weight at chest height and has the guy lifting the weight off the ground. It took the guy like a minute to get the weight up (and eventually the PT had to help him)... Again he is almost folding himself in half to get the weight up but he only gets one rep out.

I was just about to yell at this guy but decided it really isnt any of my business and the guy he was training looked just as retarded as him so maybe it wouldnt be a bad thing for them to train together.. lol
I've seen some bad trainers but it usually just ends up being them doing stupid stuff that just makes no sense. This just seemed down right dangerous what he was doing.
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
What about personal trainers that are in shit shape? There's a guy @ my gym whose got a belly and bitch tits and he walks around in his tight shirt. Why would anyone want training from him. He's not big either, he's got a really small build and he's skinny everywhere except for manboobs + belly. You'd think a personal trainer would atleast put some effort into their appearance, or atleast wear a looser shirt?
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Fitness World has some horrible trainers as well. I just feel so bad for the people paying these PTs assuming that they're teaching everything to them correctly.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
I subscribe to Revscene

yes fitness world does have horrible trainers lol i see it everday but I keep my mouth shut.. for instance doing 20 rep squats with half range motion.. like 45 deg.. its sad
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
What about personal trainers that are in shit shape? There's a guy @ my gym whose got a belly and bitch tits and he walks around in his tight shirt. Why would anyone want training from him. He's not big either, he's got a really small build and he's skinny everywhere except for manboobs + belly. You'd think a personal trainer would atleast put some effort into their appearance, or atleast wear a looser shirt?
doesn't mean he doesn't know how to train, but ya, it's hard to sell a corvette when you drive a chevette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
yes fitness world does have horrible trainers lol i see it everday but I keep my mouth shut.. for instance doing 20 rep squats with half range motion.. like 45 deg.. its sad
rule number 1 for personal trainers (especially when training a new gym goer) is safety - deep squats are great for the muscles, but can be too much for some people's knees to take.

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust

Last edited by SizzleChest; 10-11-2010 at 03:33 PM.
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #6
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleChest View Post
doesn't mean he doesn't know how to train, but ya, it's hard to sell a corvette when you drive a chevette

rule number 1 for personal trainers (especially when training a new gym goer) is safety - deep squats are great for the muscles, but can be too much for some people's knees to take.
I've never seen him actually with a client, ever. He just walks around. He works @ fitness world as well.

Fitness world does have a lot of great trainers from what i've personally experienced and dealt with, just this one guy bugs me haha
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
wait this is not normal, i thought personal trainers are all like this jk
what a bunch of fucking idiots
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
ive thought about getting certified as a PT then when im at the gym and i watch the gym trainers teaching some poor runt how to do things wrong, id walk over after their 'session' and offer him some help with "i used to look like you. do you want to look like me?"

it seems theres no lack of trainers to teach fat people to lose weight, but no one seems to care about the skinny guy trying to put weight on. all trainers seem programmed into 3x20 sets and alot of peripheral exercises. i guarantee if you give a skinny kid 2 weeks to get aclimated to the gym, and then ease him into lifting heavy, and once his body learns the motions, get him using low rep power on the big exercises, and EATING, hed be throwing money at you.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
Pretty much all trainers are like that at the commercial gyms
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

My personal trainers are youtube and revscene.

Treated me well for the last two years.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
I don't know if justin still posts here, but he's not in the greatest shape due to an injury but he is an awesome trainer and really know his shit.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #13
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
zuzana!

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #14
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
there are a lot of trainers that are pretty bad.. some are just plain idiots.. mind you it doesnt take a genius to get a certification.. especially with canfit pro and ACE.. secondly, some trainers just endup not giving a shit about it anymore.. i admit, there are days where i don't feel like giving a shit and i don't feel like scrutinizing every aspect of my clients' form.

i was at at the bcrpa's fitness convention early this month, and i was surprised at the lack of higher level education during the lectures... and the stupidass questions that were being asked by so called fitness professions.. yes i realize that not everyone has a degree in kinesiology and everyone starts SOMEwhere.. but holy cow.. i would not want to be any of these trainers "First" clients..

Fitness world has extremes... they have either super lazy ass looking trainers, or the ones that are soooo self absorbed they check themselves out more than they check on their clients' form. i love it when the trainers make their clients do the exact workout they would do..

lastly, some of the best trainers i know arent super fit... not every skinny kid wants to get super buff.. you would be surprised at the percentage of my clients (overweight or skinny) who just want to increase tone and feel better/improve general conditioning. usually thekids that wanna get meathead big, dont go to trainers and read musclemag and think that they can transform their body to look like roided guidos overnight.. of course there are exceptions, but since we are all generalizing here ...
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #15
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts

This was just asking to get posted.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-17-2010, 02:29 AM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbGYdhdDijo

This was just asking to get posted.
Wow, that was a big fucking waste of time. What a bunch of try-hards....horribly acted out and not even remotely funny...
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #17
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
+1 to Fitness World PT's. The majority of these guys are horrible..I see this one guy training a client, he's checking his cell phone and looking at himself in the mirror when he should be watching his clients form.

Thing that really irks me is when I see a female PT in horrible shape training a man on how to gain size. Majority of these women have never trained for size, nor do they understand what works and what doesnt. Even if they are a gym junkie, most stick with cardio and "trimming" type of workouts...so female PT's, please stick with what you know and leave the BBing to men! (unless you are female BB, then all the power to you!)
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #18
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_888 View Post
+1 to Fitness World PT's. The majority of these guys are horrible..I see this one guy training a client, he's checking his cell phone and looking at himself in the mirror when he should be watching his clients form.

Thing that really irks me is when I see a female PT in horrible shape training a man on how to gain size. Majority of these women have never trained for size, nor do they understand what works and what doesnt. Even if they are a gym junkie, most stick with cardio and "trimming" type of workouts...so female PT's, please stick with what you know and leave the BBing to men! (unless you are female BB, then all the power to you!)
o yeah 100% women know nothing about lifting weights
Old 11-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #19
RS controls my life!

^^
Lifting weights and body building are not the same thing. Body building involves lifting weights, but the sciene behind it is different ie eating, what exercises, reps etc etc etc.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,534 Times in 555 Posts
"IT'S ALL ABOUT INTENSITY!" *chest pound*

What a fucking ape.
Posted via RS Mobile
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #21
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post

so are you saying a doctor who has never had cancer should not treat or educate people about cancer? each person is different. having an overweight female trainer training someone for size is no worse or better than a meathead who is mesomorphic by genetics telling his client who is an ectomorph, he will achieve results the same as him.

it is about experience and what you have seen and achieved with clients, friends, etc that will give you the knowledge to be a good trainer. just because you are a trainer who is super fit, doesn't make you any better than the next trainer who is 60 and slightly over weight. experience matters, but if you are judging a trainer by what kind of training they do or don't do, then you would only see female trainers with female clients the same size age and body type, and males which as the same size, age, and body type.

i rather have a female trainer that has experience training a different types of people, then a narrow minded, jersey shore douche.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #22
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
^^
Lifting weights and body building are not the same thing. Body building involves lifting weights, but the sciene behind it is different ie eating, what exercises, reps etc etc etc.

thanks gotta remember that
Old 11-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
RS Operative (G)

why would anyone get a personal trainer to start with
/thread
Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #24
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
so personal trainers can make money duh
Old 11-20-2010, 04:45 AM   #25
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

hmmm so would you guys trust a person with a good ripped body to be your PT or a person with great knowledge but not a great body?