REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #101
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

See them at the mall whenever i go(metrotown) Since im filipino they approached me nicely and started saying nice things then ask me to donate. I told them i don't have change and only brought debit and they had the guts to tell me to go withdraw. Man they're soooo annoying specially if you're filipino. They force you to give them money. Since then i just ignore them and just keep walking when ever they approach me.
Advertisement
lilkulit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #102
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I've got an easy escape route for whenever I'm harassed by someone like that. As soon as they ask me for change, I give them a puzzled look and respond with a "je ne parle pas l'anglais" (poorly written french for "I don't speak english"). If they keep on persisting as I walk away, I'll just speak a bunch of gibberish in French since it's unlikely they'll be able to understand a word I'm saying anyway.
your french was actually perfectly written. will be trying the same thing if i ever encounter them.

if they catch me speaking english before that, i'm gonna make them do pushups for "$$" and record it on video. do it for the lulz
see how they feel getting scammed
(")_(")
wobuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #103
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

man i would love to run into those ladys on a bad day
Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #104
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

maybe someone should make a fake name tag with a shitty laminated flyer and ask THEM for money on Halloween.
Boinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #105
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Me and my buddy was at the super market at Yao Han and this Philipino girl about 15-16 years old was asking for money for some disaster in the world. Of course we know it's a scam because we keep up with current events but this little girl wouldn't stop bugging us. She followed us around the whole time we were there. I hope she gets raped one day after asking the wrong person for money . Just kidding that's mean, maybe get her boobs squeezed or something. Anyways, I'm sure she learn this behaviour from her mom or aunts. If these females want money so bad they should just become whores. And I bet there are a lot of people reading this thread right now that knows somebody Philipino doing this kind of activities. You know who you are. Next time I run into any of them I will take a picture and post it here

Last edited by MTV Cribs; 10-13-2010 at 02:42 AM.
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2010, 02:37 AM   #106
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
This reminds me of some pyramid scheme that some people I know went to. Most of the people attending are Philipino. I think they like to get scammed and once they realized they got scammed, they try to get their money back by trying to scam people they know and strangers. It's a dumb circle but dumb people deserve to be scammed.

Last edited by MTV Cribs; 10-13-2010 at 02:43 AM.
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:24 AM   #107
Banned (ABWS)

^theres this financial education 100 thing going on, where these people in suits make you fill out a very vague survey about your financial situation and trying to teach you how to make/save money. Then they'll try and make you pay like $300 fee to join them or some BS like that
BlacknJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #108
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobuffet View Post
your french was actually perfectly written. will be trying the same thing if i ever encounter them.

if they catch me speaking english before that, i'm gonna make them do pushups for "$$" and record it on video. do it for the lulz
see how they feel getting scammed
Lol. It's been a long time since ive written French. Speaking it isn't an issue... I think. Glad to know I haven't completely lost it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #109
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
I never trust those people who ask for donation on the street.
the last time I paid those fuckers did not pay attention to who they are.
Later I found out the sticker says "adult education of XXXX place".

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #110
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I usually just see them at Metro but they seem to be expanding. Just yesterday, I was at the TD bank on 72nd st and King George and they were there.. 4 of them. Before they sell treats in exchange for donations but they seem to no do that anymore..

my crapbucket

*ding* *ding* *ding* ...breast milk...you make my day-ee-yay!
evil_jigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #111
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Interesting... Never had this before. Maybe they should go to tim hortons to ask their fellow flipinos. Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
or kfc, wendys, or mcdicks, or the people working in the foodcourt
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #112
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Interesting... Never had this before. Maybe they should go to tim hortons to ask their fellow flipinos. Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
watchu talking about tim hortons and church's?? its subway where they all at
ra604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #113
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
I see it downtown as well, on grandville
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #114
Need to Seek Professional Help

has anyone even thought of bringing this to the attention of a local police department? Theres enough people in this thread repeating the same intersections and stores. If it was a legit charity, they would have no problem showing proper documentation to the VPD/ RCMP.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #115
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
I've never had the opportunity to meet any of these aggressive donation collectors, but someone find me one on a day I'm not busy and I'll implore this little plan of mine...

First I'll walk up to them and ask them in broken english with a heavy chinese accent "you riking to donating to china rerief funding?" At which point they'll give me a puzzled look. As they ask me whether I'd like to donate to their phillipines earthquake 2012 zombie apocalypse charity, I'll keep asking brushing them off with "NO NO! YOU HAVE TO DONATING THE MONEY TO THE CHINA CHARITY, MORE PEOPLE IN CHINA LA, NEED MORE MONEY LAAA." Of course this is a rinse and repeat process until they simply get bored and walk off, at which point I begin to follow them, asking for spare change.

If they don't have spare change I'll ask for paper money and say "you go to bank and withdrawering the money, I coming with you la." Assuming these people have any sort of temper, they'll be annoyed with me at this point. But I'll keep following, disrupting them from asking other people for donations by asking those people whether they'd like to donate to my CHINA fund, while the entire time pestering them with "DONATION PREAAASEEE, I RIKING THE MONEYYY, PREASEE DONATING TO THE CHINA".

This will keep going until they decide to finally flip out on me (pun intended), whereupon I'll hold out my hand in a STOP motion, dig my hand deep into my pocket, and throw some pennies at their feet. I'll then proceed to turn around and walk away.
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #116
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
^ LOL i read that in his voice
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 PM   #117
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
For some reason, these flip c-lais remind me of her:

124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2010, 01:04 AM   #118
無敵

I don't get it. Why does Canada keep letting these type of people immigrate. -_-
It's like they just want more beggars/scammers on the streets or something. It wasn't as bad a few years back and now fob scammers are all over the place.

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #119
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^ lol because the white man got desperate enuf to invent....THE GREEN CARD rofl
ra604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:27 AM   #120
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
Whenever i get approached by them i just stop what im doing pause, and then stare them in the eyes O.O like that haha for a good 10 seconds then keep going with my day like they dont exist.
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #121
degenerate extraordinaire

I like the idea of counter donation begging hahaha, I was actually thinking of that if they ever approach me.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:01 AM   #122
I STILL don't get it

i just say no n ignore them by continuein lookin down on my blackberry/iphone....
works every time!
Midnitez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #123
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
I don't get it. Why does Canada keep letting these type of people immigrate. -_-
you mean flips?

or you want to have them fill out a survey and if they answer yes to scammer, don't let them in?
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #124
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

My buddy used to get approached all the time; his moves are legendary because they were all spur of the moment. None of this pre-planning.

-He was studying at the library, deaf guy walks around putting leaflets on ppls desks. Buddy looks up with a WTF look, nudges it off his desk with his pen on to the floor, wont even touch it with his hand, and continues studying. Deaf guy has super pissed look in his face, my buddy looks at him expressionless, goes back to studying.

-Bum harasses him as he goes into mcd's for food, buddy says no, bum mouths him off. buddy orders a water, and on the way out throws it in the bums face and books it.

-Lady asks for change, buddy says he only has coins, lady says thats ok. My buddy has a handful of pennies and nickels, shows it to her and tosses them on the floor. He watches her pick them up with a look of disgust on his face and walks away.

Last edited by matter; 10-14-2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo's
matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #125
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matter View Post
My buddy used to get approached all the time; his moves are legendary because they were all spur of the moment. None of this pre-planning.

-He was studying at the library, deaf guy walks around putting leaflets on ppls desks. Buddy looks up with a WTF look, nudges it off his desk with his pen on to the floor, wont even touch it with his hand, and continues studying. Deaf guy has super pissed look in his face, my buddy looks at him expressionless, goes back to studying.

-Bum harasses him as he goes into mcd's for food, buddy says no, bum mouths him off. buddy orders a water, and on the way out throws it in the bums face and books it.

-Lady asks for change, buddy says he only has coins, lady says thats ok. My buddy has a handful of pennies and nickels, shows it to her and tosses them on the floor. He watches her pick them up with a look of disgust on his face and walks away.
If I ever saw your friend do any of the following, I would kick his ass. Your friend is what is wrong with society because he has the idea that he is better than someone else because he are better off.

It's arrogant douches like that need to give their head a shake. Legendary? Yeah, more like fucking pathetic.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: