REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Criminal Code

Can anyone provide me with some information or a link to the Criminal Codes? Specifically, the sections for assault, assault causing harm, self defence assault, that general area of the code. I would like to do some research on this subject.

Especially would like to read up on what the police use as a criteria to lay a charge, or not, for self defence, assault, etc.

Thanks.
Advertisement
scoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:49 AM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

First result when I typed "Criminal Code" into Google: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/

Scrolling down, I found this:
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/C-46/p...orbo-ga:l_VIII (Offences against the person and reputation) See Section 265.

However, for all the extra details, pick up a hard copy of the Criminal Code, as there is lots more explanation, things we need to look for/follow/etc that isn't listed on that website (eg certain case laws).
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
User Number 7

Don't just look at the Criminal Code and go by what it says, it's shaped by Case law which changes on a almost daily basis...

I get calls from people all the time reading a single paragraph wanting to charge someone then complaining when I tell them their circumstance doesn't meet charge criteria.

Btw, if you're looking for what you can get away with in dealing with the landlord dispute.. i would highly suggest against it as everything here is good evidence
Volitaire is offline   Reply With Quote