REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 10-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Need the communities help to catch this scum

First of, I'd like to say Hi and thanks for taking the time to read my post, just by doing this you've already helped me and my family in our pursuit to close this case. WARNING, it's not a short story.

Back in end of July 2010, the finale on Saturday for Symphone of Fire. Me, my wife and our 2.5 yr old Pomeranian Star were at Venier Park, waited for HOURS to catch a good spot. Gorgeous day, amazing view. Anyway, 30 min. from the beg. of the show, it started to pour. RAIN and RAIN so we decided to take shelter under a Tree. We gathered our belongings, I tied Star to my backpack so she couldn't run off while I made sure our stuff didn't get wet.

Out of the corner of my eye, Im watching her minding her own business and you see this Pitbull out of nowhere tackle her from the side FULL SPEED. Helplessly she's on her back trying to wiggle but he's already gotten her from the side, she managed to escape and run but the Pitbull chased after her and got her the 2nd time... Pardon me.. I get goosebumps just reliving this event.. It was all happening too fast but I jumped and tried to get a hold of the Pitbull and managed to slow him down as my wife picked up Star. She was crying and the whole Park seemed to be frozen as they watched.

At first glance, no blood, she was alive and crying loudly. The Pitbull was finally under control and was grabbed by the leash. Reviewing what happened, there was a group of ppl close to our area that were drinking and the Owner handed off his dog to his drunk buddy while he went and did his own thing. Of course, Dog saw Star and wanted a kill.

After closely examining her, I could see blood stains and she'd been punctured but how bad? I couldn't tell. We were panicking, my wife was scared and was not sure what just happened. FIRST thing in my head was, we need to get her to the VET asap!, gathered our things, the owner approached us and apologized drunkenly. I needed to get a move and it was pouring, so we tried to get his info quick, he wrote down his name on my wifes IPHONE (really? with that auto spell, horrible idea). Left us his number. Couple other guys went to help and almost started a fight with the owner and his buddy for being careless, all that was in my head is Star. She needs help.

Rushed to the Vet, shaved her and I almost puked. She had multiple punctures on her right side and the muscle underneath were all torn and blue. She was in pain...

Advised to leave her overnight for surgery. so we did. After clearing my head a little I realized WTF! I need witnesses. We went back to the spot, pitch black by then and couldn't recognize anyones faces. Must have been hundreds of ppl there. We called the owner, met up where he was and asked him to sign a contract saying he will take care of all the bills. He did, wrote his name, number and address. Stupid us, didn't even verify his license. I KNOW I KNOW, I almost felt like this is our fault. Anyway, next day, Star was okay, she's still recovering and the next 2 weeks will be painful and immobile for her.

The owner and I had an agreement that payment will be made that Friday. Called and he needs more time, so I said okay. after a week, called again, no answer. left multiple messages, no call back. Vmail full for the next week. Ignored all contact from us. This make my blood boil, face to face he apologized and gave me his word he wasn't like that and he would own up to his responsibility. Right to my face. The bills weren't significant but apparently $600 is too much too own up for this owner. My family is currently now in works with Animal Control and we've consulted a Lawyer to get his information. His name was misspelled and address given showed to have diff. owners.

We're still working on it but today while showering, everymorning I get flashbacks and anger builds up and almost feel like taking matters in my own hands. I realized, this guy lives in Surrey, smack dab where tons of Revscene fellas come from. I've been a member since I first got my first prelude as a high school kid, now ive gone through about 40 cars and still a faithful member. I've seen what this community can do, catching thieves, stolen cars and I'm somewhat relying some hope that this would not be in vain...

If anyone can give me some info about this SOB, it will be appreciated. OR if you can read my post.. pray. One day, you will pay. This guy is running around with a 2 yr old Pitbull, untrained with a reckless owner. I hope this is resolved soon so this does not happen to anyone elses pet or to yourself.

Star is doing great now, fully recovered, since then we bought another Pomeranian Mickey, he's 3 months old and its just awesome watching them both together.

INFO about this guy:

Nadeem Thandi or Thabni
140th and 88th ave
Surrey BC

East Indian, skinny and about 5'10 ish? Had a hat on so couldn't tell his hair. Id' say late 20s. Had a gf, east indian, boy cut black hair, around 5'2 ish. Even she assured they would own up..gawd..

Anything helps..Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

pitt bulls are getting bad names from bad ownership.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
Hyde's Understudy

awww that sucks to hear, im glad the pom was okay though. In the end if you dont get him to pay up, look on the bright side, your doggie survived
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

It's not even about the money anymore, we've swallowed that cost and her fully recovering is enough pay back.

This guy needs to learn a lesson in life.. I hope he does.

IMO, pitbulls can be good dogs with the right owners. Unfortunately, lots of retards like to pretend they can tame one.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Description of pitbull...
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

All brown. No unique marks that I noticed. 2 yrs old.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600rr View Post
It's not even about the money anymore, we've swallowed that cost and her fully recovering is enough pay back.

This guy needs to learn a lesson in life.. I hope he does.

IMO, pitbulls can be good dogs with the right owners. Unfortunately, lots of retards like to pretend they can tame one.
I'm sorry for what happen man but please pitbull doesn't need "taming" its a domesticate pet just like other dogs. what they need is a responsible owner and proper socialization just like any other dog and an owner that is aware of this breed's charateristic. again just like any other dog.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

damn the area of the address has so many brown people around there
goodluck, and i hope star is okay, ill look around if im in the area
boss604 is offline   Reply With Quote