REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:53 PM   #7251
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liukb View Post
Anyone know where to get these?

didnt see at places like t&t
If you is still looking for them, saw them yesterday at Daiso in Richmond.
Advertisement
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #7252
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Looking to get a travel backpack specifically the osprey farpoint 40 or 55. Try the sports check at metro. I remember there is a sports store on board way but forgot the name.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #7253
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Looking to get a travel backpack specifically the osprey farpoint 40 or 55. Try the sports check at metro. I remember there is a sports store on board way but forgot the name.
Ospreys website lists Atmosphere, Hillsound Equip, & Mountain Magic as stores that carry their packs
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #7254
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
If you is still looking for them, saw them yesterday at Daiso in Richmond.
that japanese store on robson by shananigans has tons of these and all the other flavors too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #7255
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

where can i buy peppermint oil?

damn mice bit through my engine bay harness...
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:36 AM   #7256
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post

These places should have it

Famous Foods

The Gourmet Warehouse

Finlandia Pharmacy & Health Centre, Vancouver
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2015, 10:52 AM   #7257
MG1

Quote:

I had that problem, too. I used to use peppermint oil, untill I found out moth balls work just as well. Only issue is they are hard to find up here in the ball configuration. Got a box from the Walmart in Bellingham. I put some in hosiery, tied it up and hung them in engine bay.

Fokkers were squirrels - could see nuts and shit in the engine bay.

Murd0c is right. Those places carry peppermint oil.

Last edited by MG1; 01-26-2015 at 11:05 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #7258
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
I'll show you nuts and shit in your engine bay.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #7259
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
that japanese store on robson by shananigans has tons of these and all the other flavors too.
Konbiniya. Hardcore Glico place.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #7260
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,291 Times in 2,507 Posts
Quote:

Having dealt with a mice problem in the past, I am not convinced that peppermint oil and moth balls are effective deterrents to keep rats and mice from getting into your engine bay.

Is this happening on a daily driven vehicle? garage kept or parked out on the street?

There is very little you can do if the car is parked on the street and this happens. If that were the case, mouse traps and peanut butter are your best (but still not 100% effective) solution. If the car is garaged, the best bet is to do some thorough cleaning so that there are no dark corners / hiding places for the little buggers anywhere. These critters need and actively look for places that offer them a sense of security. If they don't find any, they are much less likely to hang around.

Also, look for any kind of holes / gaps that are bigger than 1 cm in your house / garage, and seal / block them off. Mice, in particular, are incredible in crawling through narrow gaps. As long as their skull can fit through a hole, they can get in. You need to block these entrances.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #7261
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Good place for computer/office desks? My limit is pretty much around $350

Ikea stuff is gross and won't work for me. I may have to build one myself but I'd like to see some in store stuff first, looking for an L shaped with a cabinet or mutiple cabinets
Old 01-26-2015, 08:00 PM   #7262
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Having dealt with a mice problem in the past, I am not convinced that peppermint oil and moth balls are effective deterrents to keep rats and mice from getting into your engine bay.

Is this happening on a daily driven vehicle? garage kept or parked out on the street?

There is very little you can do if the car is parked on the street and this happens. If that were the case, mouse traps and peanut butter are your best (but still not 100% effective) solution. If the car is garaged, the best bet is to do some thorough cleaning so that there are no dark corners / hiding places for the little buggers anywhere. These critters need and actively look for places that offer them a sense of security. If they don't find any, they are much less likely to hang around.

Also, look for any kind of holes / gaps that are bigger than 1 cm in your house / garage, and seal / block them off. Mice, in particular, are incredible in crawling through narrow gaps. As long as their skull can fit through a hole, they can get in. You need to block these entrances.
i just saw a huge like 1 foot by 1 foot hole in the corner of my garage wall!

bastard must have climbed through there and into my engine bay and shit everywhere and then bit my wire harness... I shoved a bunch of dryer sheets in there for now and tmr I will fill in that hole and then on the weekend I will clean the area.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #7263
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Ikea stuff is gross and won't work for me. I may have to build one myself but I'd like to see some in store stuff first, looking for an L shaped with a cabinet or mutiple cabinets
Staples?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:18 PM   #7264
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
things i learned while backpacking.

40-55L pack will probably be enough for a weekender, if you plan on going back packing for a longer trip over seas get something in the 70+ range.

try and find a backpack with a detachable smaller day pack. it makes travelling around town more pleasant and is of course handy to keep shit in.

invest in an airline tote for your pack:

MEC Skyway Airline Tote - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

having your shit explode and stream out on the conveyor is pretty shitty. it protects your bag during air travel, doubles as a laundry bag and rolls up nicely for when you dont need it.

my preference is towards vaude's line of bags. the air mesh frame system is epic especially for hot countries. also learn how to properly load/pack the bag as you want to distribute the weight as correctly as possible so that its easier for you when you're carrying it.

i saw some osprey bags at atmosphere in richmond centre, dont recall the exact model but looked similar to what you want. they also had the vaude ones. taiga works carries nice bags and so does mec so i'd go shop around.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #7265
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
where to buy double ended pin vices? like this

I know where to buy them locally but I'm paying a ridiculous price (over $50, whereas they're $5 online), so I'd like to see whether somewhere else that's local is more reasonably priced..

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #7266
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:

Bastards chewed through the corner of the rubber seal on my garage door earlier this winter. Found a bunch of rat/mouse droppings in a couple of cardboard storage boxes I had up on a shelf.

Not impressed.

Time to buy a crap load of traps.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #7267
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:

Are you parking near any food sources? Dumpsters? Garbage cans? Compost bins? I had a compost bin next to my garage and they were eating out of there and climbing into my garage and nesting in my nice warm engine bay. If you can move their food source, move it. If you can't, then try parking somewhere further away and see if that helps.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #7268
MG1

Glue traps, ftw! Get 'em while you can, 'cause PETA and groups like them will get them banned from stores. I haven't seen them banned lately, so maybe they gave up the fight. Glue traps are illegal in some jurisdictions - not sure about here. Maybe there was a "lupole" in the laws, Lawls.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #7269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Not 100% certain if this place will have what you're looking for, but definitely give it a shot. Their office furniture is awesome (esp their chair selection), and their prices are very reasonable.

Source Office Furniture Canada

Their retail location is in Vanocuver (Renfrew and Broadway-ish). The Burnaby location is their warehouse.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2015, 10:42 PM   #7270

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Glue traps, ftw! Get 'em while you can, 'cause PETA and groups like them will get them banned from stores. I haven't seen them banned lately, so maybe they gave up the fight. Glue traps are illegal in some jurisdictions - not sure about here. Maybe there was a "lupole" in the laws, Lawls.
When I tried it a couple of years ago (bought them at Crappy Tire), they didn't work for me. The most ridiculous thing I saw were mice droppings on the thing, but no mice on the glue trap itself. But for my mother-in-law, the glue trap caught a couple of smaller ones.

I had much better luck with those old school spring loaded mechanical traps baited with peanut butter.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 PM   #7271
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
When I tried it a couple of years ago (bought them at Crappy Tire), they didn't work for me. The most ridiculous thing I saw were mice droppings on the thing, but no mice on the glue trap itself. But for my mother-in-law, the glue trap caught a couple of smaller ones.

I had much better luck with those old school spring loaded mechanical traps baited with peanut butter.
Yup, I had a rat problem in the fall. You'll know if if you have mice or rats based on the size of the turds. Under 1 cm long? Mice. 1.5 cm? Rat. Got the big snap traps and baited the underside of the trigger plate (heard stories of smart rats who learned to lick the PB off without tripping the trap.)

Key is to place the traps where they run by following the trail of poop. They like the sheltered cluttered areas for cover, so I moved some stuff on my deck near the wall to create a semi protective 'tunnel' and placed traps just inside at both ends.

Three days later: Dead Rat. I knew they were big, but damn. I took a pic before I bagged and tossed it into the trash.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:36 AM   #7272
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

The paper ones are trash. Try the glue traps with the black tray with the goop in them. We've caught several with them and they seem to work better than ordinary traps assuming you place them in their paths. They are not humane at all so we finish the large ones off with a flyswatter.

You can find them at Walmart.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2015, 01:19 AM   #7273
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Looking for activated carbon in vancouver please. Thanks.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:15 AM   #7274
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
The paper ones are trash. Try the glue traps with the black tray with the goop in them. We've caught several with them and they seem to work better than ordinary traps assuming you place them in their paths. They are not humane at all so we finish the large ones off with a flyswatter.

You can find them at Walmart.
Yup, the big ones are awesome. Glue traps are pretty inhumane. Most of the time, they're still alive when you find them. I guess chopping their heads off would be the quickest way.

The smaller ones are great for catching sow bugs, spiders, and other crawling insects. It's amazing how much get on those smaller glue traps... ewwwww. I use those extended hand grabber things to bag the yummy traps. Damn, I hate spiders. The only good thing about spiders is they keep the insect population in check.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #7275
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
anyone know where i can get 30+lbs kettlebell at a reasonable price?
looking to pay around 1-1.50 a lb.
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote