REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
RED -

I just watched the movie RED and it was mostly a MEH....

Just to give you a brief overview, 4 old dudes Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren playing 4 old retired agents. It's suppose to be a funny movie with tons of action blah blah blah. The jokes were there, John Malkovich could've been a great actor if the script have given him more opportunities for his character.

Mary-Louise Parker (famous for the roles in Weeds) was a total waste. The writer put in a romantic story line for Mary_Louise and it totally failed. Not only was it not fully developed but there was no chemistry at all let alone a short explanation on how it all got started.

I did enjoy Helen Mirren in the movie (she's probably known best for her performance in The Queen). She was old but it was just good to see an old hag playing an old MI6 girl.

I think the last bit of the movie was filmed in Toronto in Fairmont (I was in the same dinning hall and they had a brief camera shot of the City Hall), even though it said Fairmont Chicago.

Action was ok, jokes were lacking, chemistry wasn't there. RED should have been called RETARDED.
6.5 - 7 out of 10 at best.
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
The dvd screener is out and I'm just going to DL it. Doesn't seem worth while in the theatre.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #3

^ yeah, i found out after that the screener is out, too late...
should have walked out and went and watched the social network.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Watched it yesterday in icefilms. It's entertaining but definitely not great. It has its moments. I'd say it's still worth a trip to the theatre if u haven't seen it yet.
Posted via RS Mobile
TomBox_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #5
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Good popcorn flick, not worth price of admittance, but very few things are these days.
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:52 AM   #6
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Not bad but nowhere near good. The real problem is the tone of the movie...they didn't know whether to be funny or serious and ended up being neither.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^John malcovich was hilarious.
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #8

^ he could have been so so so much better but it wasn't his fault. great script great actor = burn after reading.
bad script and great actor = red.