REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:31 AM   #26
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
^ It means to rub or basically "churn" your clothes to clean 'em better when hand washing.
Advertisement
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
how did you guys keep your equipment submerged in the tub?
my gear keep floating so some parts not fully in the water.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:07 AM   #28
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

i use "sportsclenz." bought a spray bottle at cyclones in richmond. works great on my goalie gear, especially the glove and blocker. i spray it on my chest pads and use it to clean the inside of my goalie mask too after every game.

with the glove/blocker/chest/pants, i just spray after every game. for the mask, you spray and then use a cloth to wipe it away.
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:02 AM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
how did you guys keep your equipment submerged in the tub?
Are you for realz?^

like it has been said best bet is the hockey tree. The only thing of mine that would smell would be my glove and blocker. Which sucked because my hands would smell for at least a day after even after a few showers. Jersey, socks, etc. was washed after every use.

Aside from that nothing else would smell as long as it was aired out. I used to wear under armor beneath my pads... maybe that helped with other stuff smelling.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Are you for realz?^

like it has been said best bet is the hockey tree. The only thing of mine that would smell would be my glove and blocker. Which sucked because my hands would smell for at least a day after even after a few showers. Jersey, socks, etc. was washed after every use.

Aside from that nothing else would smell as long as it was aired out. I used to wear under armor beneath my pads... maybe that helped with other stuff smelling.
"I am for realz"

I don't have a front loader, so I'm using a tub as suggested to dump my gear in. But the gear floats, so it's not submerged in water.

I have a tree, and I spray my stuff after each game. I wear underarmor as well.
Airing your gear out only prolongs it from smelling, but it doesn't automatically clean itself from bacteria and odor...

Your gear will stink eventually... if your's doesn't, you're luckier than pretty much everyone else. lol
Old 11-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Considering i live in an apartment where the storage area is too cold to air dry my gear, i bought this...

http://www.nhldigest.com/shock-docto...ry-hockey-bag/

Their claims is not as accurate as they state it would be, but for my situation, it works just the way i want it to. I can just go home, keep my gear in my bag, put the bag on my balcony and let it dry there.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #32
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
"I am for realz"

I don't have a front loader, so I'm using a tub as suggested to dump my gear in. But the gear floats, so it's not submerged in water.

I have a tree, and I spray my stuff after each game. I wear underarmor as well.
Airing your gear out only prolongs it from smelling, but it doesn't automatically clean itself from bacteria and odor...

Your gear will stink eventually... if your's doesn't, you're luckier than pretty much everyone else. lol
try a dumbbell lol
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #33
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Considering i live in an apartment where the storage area is too cold to air dry my gear, i bought this...

http://www.nhldigest.com/shock-docto...ry-hockey-bag/

Their claims is not as accurate as they state it would be, but for my situation, it works just the way i want it to. I can just go home, keep my gear in my bag, put the bag on my balcony and let it dry there.
Where did you buy this bag?

I'm up on SFU and it is now the rainy season and there is no way in hell my gear is drying when I leave it on the balcony due to the mist/fog/clouds.

If this said bag works anywhere near what they claim, it is what I want for christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #34

u may want to consider waiting for christmas....the stores considered this a waste. Most store i know are clearing it out.

i got mine in the Hockey Shop surrey on clearance....89 bucks or 100 for the wheeled.
FYI now that its colder, its taking longer to dry my gear, Fact of the matter is my gear is pretty much dry when i play the next time around (pending my next game is not the next morning after a previous day game)
Old 11-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #35

When did you get yours?

I wonder if HS has any left?
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #36

Got mine in august.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #37

I'll give them a call and see. Thanks.

Sweet. They have the non-wheeled ones in stock. Will pick one up this weekend.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing

Last edited by SumAznGuy; 11-01-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #38
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I always just pull all the gear out of my bag, leave it on the shelves of a wire storeage rack in my enclosed balcony, and keep a fan blowing in the enclosed balcony for about 12 hours and my stuff is dry and ready to go after. My stuff doesn't smell at all, used for about 2 seasons of ice.

Before I moved into my condo, I used to just lay all the gear out across the floor and it would take way longer to dry out, and would begin to smell after a few months of use playing roller. I think the key is just to help it air out quickly.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)?

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between top loading and front loading washing machine in terms of "how it washes" ?

Because I bought the Sudz stuff, and I tried soaking it for an hour and rinsing in the bathtub but it didn't really work. It only helped a bit...

It says it's best to be used for front loader washing machines.
But I have one of those "Efficient Energy" top loader washing machines that
loads from the top, but it doesn't have that "fan" thing in the center. It's just
empty like a front loader and it spins. Would that work the same as a front loader?

Safe to put my gear in there? I was thinking of just testing with my elbow pads first...
Old 12-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #40

That fan thingy is the agitator. Your washer should have fins on the sides of it. That is what helps get the skid marks out of your tighty whities.

Give it a try. should work fine.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #41
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I use this stuff from Richmond Ice Level (in Ironwood mall in Richmond) called "SportsClenz", and it's pretty good. It got rid of five years of stench for my shin guards and elbow pads.

I was at The Hockey Shop (in surrey) a while back and they sell this shit that the guy claims the equipment managers for the Canucks and other NHL teams use. You do, however, have to put it in the washing machine and what-not.
dutd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #42
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Can anyone tell me what's the difference between top loading and front loading washing machine in terms of "how it washes" ?

Because I bought the Sudz stuff, and I tried soaking it for an hour and rinsing in the bathtub but it didn't really work. It only helped a bit...

It says it's best to be used for front loader washing machines.
But I have one of those "Efficient Energy" top loader washing machines that
loads from the top, but it doesn't have that "fan" thing in the center. It's just
empty like a front loader and it spins. Would that work the same as a front loader?

Safe to put my gear in there? I was thinking of just testing with my elbow pads first...
Go to a laundromat and use the machines there. I used our top loading washer once and one of the pieces of equipment fucked up the agitator. It stopped spinning. I had to get a guy to come and fix it for like $100. Laundromat will probably only cost a few loonies.
EXV603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #43

It is safe to put your gear in a front load washing machine. It is NOT safe to put your gear in the top load washing machine.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #44
I STILL don't get it

"Rocket Rod's" hockey shop in Delta (Inside of Great Pacific Forum arena) has a gear cleaning service for $25 a load. But I haven't used it and not sure about the results...

http://www.rocketrodshockey.com/gear_cleaning.html
jdc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #45
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

you gotta start fresh, so after every game, leave it in a room with open air, opened windows so the air is refreshed every minute and i usually spray febreez on my gear just to make sure.
guesskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #46
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
i hate the smell of frebreze though.. esp when it is used to mask already stench .. its a bad combo.. i just recently soaked my gloves in a bucket of hot water and antibacterial dish soap... put it in my front loader on spin to dry it... andd even in teh dryer.... so fresh and so clean...
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:34 AM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

dump gear in bathtub full of soap and water leave overnight and dump out the brown water the next morning... quick n easy
sarger604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #48
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarger604 View Post
dump gear in bathtub full of soap and water leave overnight and dump out the brown water the next morning... quick n easy
Tried it... it kinda works, but I can imagine it having even better results if it's used in a washing machine.
Plus, the gear floats when I used this method, which was really annoying, since whatever is sticking out of the water doesn't get cleaned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
It is safe to put your gear in a front load washing machine. It is NOT safe to put your gear in the top load washing machine.
My question now is what about the new high efficiency top loaders? They don't have the same agitator design as the traditional top loaders.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #49

I've used my front loader once, but only put my shin guards and elbow pads in it and it worked fine. Not sure if these guys are overloading their machines. Guess it also helps my washer doesn't have the center agitator.

Gotta wash my gear this week since it is christmas break. Gonna use the pay machines in my condo.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing