REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   at risk of getting 7N licence suspended? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/628558-risk-getting-7n-licence-suspended.html)

1exotic 10-25-2010 07:32 PM

at risk of getting 7N licence suspended?

Pulled over first time. Cop gave me tickt for not displaying N sign.

Pulled over second time, I got a ticket for changing solid lane and not dispalying N sign. Disputed at ICBC, no mail for court date yet.

Pulled over third time. Cop gave me ticket for using bus lane. Disputed at ICBC, no mail for court date yet.

So I was pulled over 3 times, and 4 total tickets (2x not displaying N sign, changing solid lane, using bus lane). None of these tickets had points, they were all minors, so what's going to happen now...

impulseX 10-25-2010 08:09 PM

don't know much about the licensing in BC, but i think you should be fine... a friend of mine had his license suspended because he was caught speeding 2 times within a year with an N, so... seeing as how they haven't really mentioned any sort of suspension, and that you wer e able to dispute most of your tickets... i think you'll be fine.

Jgresch 10-25-2010 08:18 PM

What is your question? Did you get a letter in the mail or anything?

You have zero points right now, why are you worried.... and why are you outlining why you weren't at faul every single time as if that woudl change anything...

1exotic 10-25-2010 08:22 PM

actually you are allowed to dispute any ticket.

by dispute I mean I went to ICBC to "dispute" the ticket. I was told I will recieve mail in 6 months to 1 year with the court date.

I edited my post so you know what I'm trying to get answered.

but as things stand right now, after court and if lets say I pay all the tickets for being guilty, would that threaten my licence?

I mean the tickets aren't like drunk driving, speeding... just small traffic violations + not displaying N sign twice.

Jgresch 10-25-2010 08:26 PM

NOOOOOOO you don't have any points... until you get 4 points, you will have a valid licence

1exotic 10-25-2010 08:32 PM

that's awesome shit ^

thanks

Jgresch 10-25-2010 08:35 PM

actually my friend with his N got 3 points for speeding, and they took away his licence even though he was 1 point short.... they wouldn't say why either....

1exotic 10-25-2010 08:39 PM

hmm same story of someone I know, but they were going 190k on a highway in Kelowna. This was a couple years ago, and got suspended for 3 months.

But since mine are all minors, I should be good I assume...

+ radar detector = 1 speeding ticket cost. Totally worth it :troll:

Mr.Jay 10-25-2010 08:55 PM

I was told from a cop (after I got pulled over in my N days) that it only takes 3 points to lose your N

either way if you really wanna avoid it then dispute everything and when the court date comes send a reply asking for an extension cause you are leaving the country or something.

I did that once and did have to show up in court for 1 year+

I know wasted time and money but I was young and afraid and clearly stupid but I got away :troll:

Jgresch 10-25-2010 09:02 PM

^ I think it was 4 points 3 years ago when I got a speeding ticket, cuz i got 3 points for that I'm pretty sure

Walperstyle 10-26-2010 01:21 AM

Come back after your court date ;)

BallPeenHammer2 10-26-2010 01:24 AM

when you get a ticket, you're getting CHARGED with a violation. You are innocent until proven guilty.

That gets determined in a court of law.

Now if you get CONVICTED (found guilty through evidence or plea) then the points and fees apply. Until then, you have no points of fees against you or your license. yet.

Those charges I would just dispute them. Call not guilty.

The officer will most likely talk to you before courte to coerce you into admitting it. Just politely decline, and say not guilty.

Officer will most likely plead no evidence.

gars 10-26-2010 06:46 AM

^^ that said, before the OP edited his post, he has already admitted that he was ACTUALLY guilty of all the violations. Of course it's too late as he's past the early bird discount, but why dispute? It's not like these violations carry points...

CRS 10-26-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 (Post 7160854)
when you get a ticket, you're getting CHARGED with a violation. You are innocent until proven guilty.

Now if you get CONVICTED (found guilty through evidence or plea) then the points and fees apply. Until then, you have no points of fees against you or your license. yet.

The officer will most likely talk to you before courte to coerce you into admitting it. Just politely decline, and say not guilty.

Why would the officer say he has no evidence?!

He most likely has notes on what happened and will present it in court.

zulutango 10-26-2010 08:20 AM

"so what's going to happen now... "...you're probably going to be riding BC Transit soon if you don't change your driving habits. You can get 2 points for not displaying the N if the Cop decides to charge you with driving contrary to restrictions (which he can for no N) ...and with 1 VT already for no N I forsee that happening next time.

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-26-2010 08:23 AM

u go to jail bad boy

Soundy 10-26-2010 08:34 AM

Points just give them a flag... they can still look at your record and decide to suspend you if they think you're a road hazard.

1exotic 10-26-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 (Post 7160854)

I thought the officer doesn't show up, it's just the notes or ticket that the judge has... not that it matters that's just what I thought.

there's a lot more behind ticket 2 and 3, that's why they were disputed.

gars 10-26-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 7161230)
I thought the officer doesn't show up, it's just the notes or ticket that the judge has... not that it matters that's just what I thought.

there's a lot more behind ticket 2 and 3, that's why they were disputed.

I don't know if heavy traffic, or saying "i needed to pass a truck so i drove in the bus lane" would get you out of the ticket.

Soundy 10-26-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 7161230)

The cop has to be there to present his evidence... if he doesn't show, the charges are dropped.

sebberry 10-26-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars (Post 7160963)
It's not like these violations carry points...

"Lane change solid line" is 2 points.

IMO it should be 4 points.

jzhu365 10-26-2010 07:57 PM

I got a similar situation

i got pulled over and recieved a ticket for

"speeding in municipality and failure to display N sign"

if i pay my ticket would i get my license suspended? because that is 3 points a piece?

GabAlmighty 10-26-2010 08:04 PM

Ya, 3 points for 2 years. I've been pulled over roughly 5-7'ish times with my N... Had it displayed once? Never had a ticket for it haha.

*knocks on wood*

jzhu365 10-26-2010 08:19 PM

should i pay the fine for speeding? and dispute the N thing?

1exotic 10-26-2010 08:39 PM

"Not Displaying N sign" doesn't have any points I think ^

and speeding is either 2 or 3 points... speeding is speeding, I don't think there's really a point to dispute that.