REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Halloweek Fireworks Saturday night/ Sunday Morning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/628689-halloweek-fireworks-saturday-night-sunday-morning.html)

Dragon-88 10-27-2010 10:01 AM

Halloweek Fireworks Saturday night/ Sunday Morning

Just wondering what the legality is towards fireworks for halloween.

I'm wondering if we can blow stuff up @ 12am on sunday morning?

Since it is halloween.. Just thought i could get some reassurance. Got work on monday so dont want to do it sunday night.

jnesss 10-27-2010 12:48 PM

aren't noise laws in effect at 11pm?

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-27-2010 02:21 PM

blow shit up

ninjatune 10-27-2010 04:43 PM

If fireworks are not banned in your city/municipality (as they are in most in the lower mainland) it would still be illegal to light them off after midnight as there are noise bylaws in effect. You also must be on private property and over 18 yrs old and use them in a safe manner

skidmark 10-27-2010 05:10 PM

The mischief section of the Criminal Code makes it an offence to prevent someone from enjoying their private property. There are no time limits specified. The wrong noise in the wrong circumstances could bring trouble at any time of the day or night. Think barking dog next door to sleeping night shift worker too.

snowball 10-27-2010 10:17 PM

Many fireworks don't even make noises (like roman candles) so I think you're safe unless you're blowing up screecheroos or air bombs

InvisibleSoul 10-29-2010 07:00 PM

The info for taking the fireworks permit tests states the following:

Quote:

◦Family Fireworks shall not be discharged in streets or other public places
But then there is:

Quote:

◦A minimum clear area of 30 m by 30 m for aerial family fireworks, such as Roman candles, and 20 m by 20 m for fountains and other ground-based items is recommended.
I want to know how many people there are in the city that has a private clear area of 30m x 30m.

I mean, by the book, fireworks aren't allowed to be set off in public parks/fields, but realistically, isn't that the most obvious and safe place to do it? If not, where are they expecting people to set them off?

zulutango 10-29-2010 09:41 PM

Firecrackers...the on es that only explode...are prohibited under the federal Explosives Act. Each municipality/regional district etc may have local bylaws dealing with fireworks and how they are handled. Got questions...call your local Police.

sebberry 10-30-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 7165615)
I mean, by the book, fireworks aren't allowed to be set off in public parks/fields, but realistically, isn't that the most obvious and safe place to do it? If not, where are they expecting people to set them off?

I think that's the whole point ;)

Frankly I miss the sound and smell of fireworks drifting through the neighborhood on halloween. I know they get into the wrong hands and kids blow their fingers off, but isn't that how people learned in the olden days?

i-vtecyo 10-31-2010 12:11 AM

fuck i live near a park and its annoying how airbombs and m80's are lit up every 5 minutes or so!!! What makes matters worse is that its 1am on a sunday morning!! Some people cant wait.....:rant

ilvtofu 10-31-2010 01:28 AM

was just driving down the burrard bridge, some idiot in a 04-05ish black civic coupe thought it was funny to be throwing shit at my car. At first I thought it might have been the rain then I slowed down and noticed his window was open. Have his license plate # though, not like it'll do much good