REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #26
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

i think nipple piercings are dependent on the individual....
and some people get it for various reasons anyways so having it don't make you gay imo
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I would say it also depends on your work. I mean having your tongue pierced at a very professional career just doesn't seem too fitting.
I have my ear, tongue, nose, and lower lip pierced - I would only remove the lip piercing when presenting to majors and colonels of our military. If I can get away with it there, I don't see too many other careers where it would be a problem. Moreso in Vancouver, piercings and tattoos seem much more common and accepted.

Most people don't even know I have my tongue pierced. I have a short barbell with clear beads.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #28
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
pics or ban saucywoman
considering I have the banning powers you're pretty funny hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I would say it also depends on your work. I mean having your tongue pierced at a very professional career just doesn't seem too fitting.
I am an admin assistant and have my tongue and monroe done and it's fine. My boss also has a bunch of ear piercings in his ear with big hoops and will be getting his sleeve done and it's fine. Although I do have a cool owner; he is affiliated with the Monster Motocross team.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #29
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i'd get my tongue pierced, but unfortunately with upcoming job opportunities and crap like that i can't do that, plus i'd get ragged on too much.

i have my nips pierced, and well total yay for me. i love it, don't regret it and girls show a huge interest in it. plus it's much more hidden than a tongue piercing. just be wary of pinchy hands.

if you wanna do it. do it man.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #30
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolkai View Post
i think nipple piercings are dependent on the individual....
and some people get it for various reasons anyways so having it don't make you gay imo
i agree but the majority of ppl will find it freaky. Nonetheless... all u
MrFantasmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #31
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Who cares what others think.

But since this place is for sharing our personal opinions, I must say I find it absolutely pointless.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
i'd get my tongue pierced, but unfortunately with upcoming job opportunities and crap like that i can't do that, plus i'd get ragged on too much.
Short barbell and clear beads. Most people don't realize I have my tongue pierced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
i have my nips pierced, and well total yay for me. i love it, don't regret it and girls show a huge interest in it. plus it's much more hidden than a tongue piercing. just be wary of pinchy hands.
Beware of sports - ouch!

I ripped my nipple barbell the worst at the strangest spot: Timberwolf Falls at Canada's Wonderland is a ride where a coaster splashes down and sends a wave of water over people waiting on a bridge. We were waiting for the wave of water, it hit so hard it ripped my nipple barbell out - ouch!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Who cares what others think.

But since this place is for sharing our personal opinions, I must say I find it absolutely pointless.
No-one would post online, especially in the fashion section, if they didn't care what others thought

It is absolutely pointless, yet so is most jewelry.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #34
Banned (BBM)

its gay
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
No-one would post online, especially in the fashion section, if they didn't care what others thought

It is absolutely pointless, yet so is most jewelry.
Totally agree, and I happen to feel that jewelry are fashionable pieces belonging to women and not men.

I suppose we need to know what looks good on us based on our body figure and things we do.

We all have our own lists, for me, the only pieces of jewelry rightfully belonging to a man are:

cuff links
watches
wedding bands

Tattoo, piercing, gold chains, diamonds, jade, tie clips, collar bars, college rings or any ring, are just tacky in my book. Similar to long pinkie fingernails and cuff monogram.

I guess you can at least always easily remove your metal when you can tired of it, unlike tattoos.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #36
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
a buddy of mine has his peirced, we make fun of him but he's big into death metal etc. but other then that one thing he dresses/acts normal lol

imo a nipple ring no one sees is alot less gay than having your ear pierced.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #37
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I guess you can at least always easily remove your metal when you can tired of it, unlike tattoos.
This is exactly what I told my mom, yet she still hates my piercings and likes the tattoos. Weird eh?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
This is exactly what I told my mom, yet she still hates my piercings and likes the tattoos. Weird eh?
Problem with tattoos is that I have seen too many faded ones looking very dated.

I like to make statements with the way I carry myself rather than with needless superficial accessories. All the pain, suffering, spending to make a statement is just a little unnecessary..
Old 11-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Problem with tattoos is that I have seen too many faded ones looking very dated.

I like to make statements with the way I carry myself rather than with needless superficial accessories. All the pain, suffering, spending to make a statement is just a little unnecessary..
Tattoos can be touched up, or if you avoid the sun they don't fade as quick.

There's a quote: "tattoos are the common man's art". They are a relatively cheap way to display your choice in art.

Remember we are in the Fashion forum, this entire forum is about making unnecessary statements.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:51 AM   #40
Unauthorized Spammer

do not get the ring one.. it looks gay lol
get the blob piercing
mipy666 is offline   Reply With Quote