REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
rib cage pain

went to bed last night around midnight, woke up this morning and the left side of my ribs are in COMPLETE pain!!! almost feels as if my ribs are broken!!! every little movement i make sends sharp shooting pain all through my chest to my stomach...

any ideas what this is? i have a pretty damn high pain tolerance...so for me to actually complain about this means im in a LOT of pain here!

stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 PM   #2

well just got out of the hospital...

several xrays, several blood tests and he said just take some advil...took him 4 hours to tell me that...

but...during those 4 hours he was completely confused about me..my rate rate was a steady 157bpm for 2 hours...then he gave me an adavan to help drop it, wich it did, it went to 140 for another 2 hours..

he found out that my dads dad had died from a heart attack when he was in his mid 30's so the doctor started wondering if im following the same pathways as him...(lets hope not...)

but yeah...all he said is take advil or tylenol...so looks like ima be taking excessive ammounts of those bad boys to make this pain stop
Old 10-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I would go to a different hospital. There's no way that's normal and can be solved by "just taking advil".

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #4

i know eh...im calling my family doctor tomorrow while at work
Old 11-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
My professor woke up one day and his legs were in massive amounts of pain and he went to the Richmond Hospital and they couldn't find anything wrong with him. Did you go to Richmond Hospital as well?
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #6

nope burnaby general!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
that's surprising, they're usually pretty good. RCH is horrible though in my experience =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #8

yeah, ive got an apt with my family doctor for thursday...was the soonest i could get with it being flu shot season and all...so hopefully he'll be able to tell me whats goin on inside my body!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
sounds like you may have a hernia, this happened to me ended up being a hernia. especially since you've taken xrays already and ruled out dislocated rib. having a hernia sucks
what was the prognosis from your doc?
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak View Post
sounds like you may have a hernia, this happened to me ended up being a hernia. especially since you've taken xrays already and ruled out dislocated rib. having a hernia sucks
what was the prognosis from your doc?
kinda forgot about this thread haha...

what had happend was (explained from my doctor): the body is full of pockets of air and other stuff bla bla bla...some how i moved in such a way that an air pocket behind my lung popped and caused my lung to collapse, it will naturally fix itself out...but it just takes many several hours for it to fix itself.

so yeah...i had a collapsed lung apparently