REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

"make me feel special"

She wants me to be more romantic, so I told her I was going to "surprise" her next week with my schemes. Too bad I don't have shit planned at ALL.

I was thinking a spa treatment, throw in some disney princess shinanigans....

I need ideas!!!

J-force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

make her a nice dinner, with wine and all that.

don't ask her what she wants to eat, ask yourself whats her favourite food? desert?
hyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

ummm if you decide to take her out i think a lil romantic thing to do is actually to get one of those sketches done by the artists on robson w/ you and her!
and there's a really nice romantic vibed desert place called cheesecake etc.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
Pick her up from school or work with a boquet of flowers. Give it to her in front of her friends which makes it even more romantic. Then watch a romance movie or do something with her. Make her dinner afterwards. Meal, sidedish soup and desert. Girls like cheesecake btw dunno about yours. If she says you're making me fat then tell her that you will love her no matter what she looks like lol. Make her a bubble bath with like a bath bomb or someshit and she will smell good for like 2 days lol.. its not really that hard and costs like 40$ at max (considering u pirated the movie d better and cheaper than taking her to cloud 9 or some fancy ass restaurant. My idea isn't that great but it makes her happy everytime.. dunnno about your age but I'm 17 and I did somethinbg like that once in a while and she will love you like fuckj after
Posted via RS Mobile
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thats not a bad idea.
I think the spa treatment I was gonna get is pretty expensive and feels forced.
Im 19, so I don't have much cash flow, being a student and all.
I'll get her a bath bomb from LUSH.

A drawing of us would be cutesy on robson! but too bad both of us are so stubborn, staying in the cold posing wouldn't be our thing =P maybe a quick caricature drawing, LOL.

Resteraunts are gay to be romantic, so I'll probably try and make her something back home. She thinks I fail at cooking but has no proof to back it up. I'll show her >=)

She hates flowers. I also promised not to be cutesy and make her a love letter or anything hand made Actions!!!
J-force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:52 AM   #6
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
woah woah woah, stop being a bitch and find out what's wrong. First a girl says you're not romantic enough, and you're doing spa, dinner and shit. Slow the fuck down. Next thing the girl is going to say is how come you're not driving a nice car, how come you're not paying for my LV.

FOCUS on the issues at hand, is it you being bored all day and sitting at home doing nothing, is it her asking for too much?

Not only do you need to step up your game, YOU need to also ask her to come up with shit to do. Let's plan a few things TOGETHER so she feels she has responsibilities also. Don't pin this on yourself. You're in high school right now, if you don't fix this shit now, you'll going to have to buy LV when you hit 21.

do the bath stuff from lush, but ask her to plan something FUN to do, so the ball is in BOTH of your hands. a girl's obligation is a lot more than just spreading her legs.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,174 Times in 2,407 Posts
Put it in the pewper
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Director of RS Cares

She's lying when she says she hates flowers. Every (well..99% of them) girl loves flowers, especially when it's not expected.
Posted via RS Mobile
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

first if the girl says she hates flowers.. and now is expecting flowers too bad.. she lied and shes not gettin any
kwanzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanzor View Post
first if the girl says she hates flowers.. and now is expecting flowers too bad.. she lied and shes not gettin any
And you won't be either.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
Female Driven

girls say they dont like flowers because they don't want you to waste money and you can use that money elsewhere...*atleast thats what i do * haha

BUT girls actually do like receiving flowers, especially when its unexpected

my ex-boyfriend made me dinner on valentines day one year and i LOVED it, gdluck with your dinner

----------------------------------
Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you only dress yourself.
Moral of story: In life, no one helps you once you're fucked.
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #12
RS controls my life!

flowers and a stuffed animal. simple =] no need for the fancy spa shit, you can do that when you have some money flowing. luxury treatments are always a wonderful surprise, but its not necessary. stick to the simple and corny cus it works.

my ex sent me a bouquet of flowers every day of the week of my birthday week one year and it was the awesomest week ever...!!!
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
xmisstrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

tell her she shoulda found a guy with a fatter wallet

it seems like you are too passive and just waits to react to her judgment, take the initiative and do activities together, something fun

flowers and dinners are for the birds
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #14
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 8,510 Times in 799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmisstrinh View Post
flowers and a stuffed animal. simple =] no need for the fancy spa shit, you can do that when you have some money flowing. luxury treatments are always a wonderful surprise, but its not necessary. stick to the simple and corny cus it works.

my EX sent me a bouquet of flowers every day of the week of my birthday week one year and it was the awesomest week ever...!!!
not enough flowers ? XD
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #15
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
like the other posters said, she will want flowers even though she said no.
however, if she is adamant about not liking flowers, get her a card.
Hallwark and Carleton make the best CHEESIEST card. the cheesier the better.
The cheese factor gives the "aweeeee" factor and will lead you into the message you write inside. (ie. why you like her/favorite memory with her.)
The card works wonders
Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #16
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

1.set up candlelights
2.buy matching aprons and make dinner together
3.part way through say: "Well I put in the effort, now you put in the work."
4.walk away and expect dinner.
5.Forever Alone.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #17
Director of RS Cares

Personally, I wouldn't put too much money into "one" night. Years from now you're not even gonna remember this magical night but you will however remember how much you spent. Do things naturally, don't force the romance. Do what feels right for you.
Posted via RS Mobile
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
dont pick up ur phone when she calls....

she will feel reallly special
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
RS Veteran

you shouldn't need to spend much (if any) to make her feel special.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #20
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
woah woah woah, stop being a bitch and find out what's wrong. First a girl says you're not romantic enough, and you're doing spa, dinner and shit. Slow the fuck down. Next thing the girl is going to say is how come you're not driving a nice car, how come you're not paying for my LV.

FOCUS on the issues at hand, is it you being bored all day and sitting at home doing nothing, is it her asking for too much?

Not only do you need to step up your game, YOU need to also ask her to come up with shit to do. Let's plan a few things TOGETHER so she feels she has responsibilities also. Don't pin this on yourself. You're in high school right now, if you don't fix this shit now, you'll going to have to buy LV when you hit 21.

do the bath stuff from lush, but ask her to plan something FUN to do, so the ball is in BOTH of your hands. a girl's obligation is a lot more than just spreading her legs.
real talk.

if your wallet's not big enough, take her to a place that had significant value or spark to your relationship(ex. place of first kiss, place you first asked her out, etc). take her out for lunch and shop during the day. and at night, since you promised her a "surprise". maybe you could blindfold her and if she asks "what are you doing where are you taking me", you can say something like "shh, don't open your eyes" and ask if she trusts you. take her out to somewhere with a beautiful landscape like a mountain, or beach, or something thats nice, quiet, and has a beautiful view. make her face that view and slowly pull off the blindfold from behind and wrap your arms around her. grab her hand and tell her something she'll never forget in the softest voice possible, it'd sound nice and romantic with the ocean in the background use your imagination! maybe what i've said is a bit "too far", but being romantic as she expects isn't something you do everyday. so just have fun and make her happy, make this date a unforgettable date

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #21
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

young padawan.. you've got lots to learn

it's the little things that matter
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #22
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
onto the next one
Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #23
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
STOP being a punk bitch and DO NOT buy flowers. You ain't at my level yet to even have the confidence of walking with flowers. Not only would you break your bank, but how FOOKING cliche is that? You'll get 15 min. of fame when she shows off to everyone but you have to live 50 minutes of embarrassment, intimation and sweating your balls off walking around the school with a bunch of flowers with people staring at you.

Do you want to be the guy "oh, he bought flowers" or do you want to be remembered as "DAMNNNNN, why didn't I think of that? ______ is a pimp". or "AWWWW, I'm SOOOO going to rape him right now."

HOW?

Get a box of Ferrero Rocher, Japanese gummy candy and some cute hello auntie red envelope.

Get an envelope and put in Ferrero Rocher WITH a SHORT by cute note. Do it once every other day, and mix it up with japanese gummy etc. If you're cheap, get a sticky pad, cut it into heart shapes.

Put it into her locker randomly, 9 AM, lunch time, every few days etc, throw it in her gym clothes pockets, throw some in her underwear drawers etc. This will KEEP her on her toes each time (cause you do it ONLY once a few days) and I swear, if you aren't the first kid to get laid out of the group, DO NOT COME BACK ON RS.

You won't even believe HOW much tail I get dude. You got lots to learn young grasshopper.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #24
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

different people have different methods, ^ i could never do what he suggested but mr. numbers understands girls. the blindfold thing i can pull off, it wouldn't be great but i could do it but if OP's girlfriend needs him to make her feel special i doubt he could pull that off. the blindfold thing you've gotta have good socializing skills or else you might come off as a creep if she's not comfortable with you. i mean she is blindfolded, BLINDFOLDED! the possibilities are endless. the nervousness could come off as cute and that you're trying, but i fucking doubt it.

that being said, if you make an ass out of yourself in the right funny kind of way then she'll be more at ease with you. just make moves as you go so you don't end up becoming her friend after, not into her pants (yet) but by her lips. mind off the prize, in the end you usually get the prize.

"make me feel special" is that womanese talk? does she want to be walking on the red carpet at your expense? being driven around in a lamborghini? if these dinners you and her aren't cutting it, and you and her isn't special enough anymore than jokingly tell her you'll be more special when she's more flexible, not the sex position kinda flexible.

you told her you were going to surprise her next week? where the fuck is the surprise in that?! when you're predictable as an open book and available they lose interest. maybe she's losing interest.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.

Last edited by v.Rossi; 11-03-2010 at 10:52 PM.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #25
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
I get this from time to time,bot not that often, since I'm not really a romantic type and I really suck in this category. She kept asking me when I was going to do something and I told her I wouldn't do it until she completely forgot that she even asked. Like v.Rossi said, it's not a surprise if she's expecting it.

Last edited by ForbiddenX; 01-22-2011 at 12:23 AM.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote